Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hypothetical Trade

Hypothetical Trade

With the signing of Iglesias, do you trade Robert Stephenson or Michael Lorenzen for Javier Baez? Who hangs up first?

Baez is blocked by Starlin Castro and his LTC. Cubs desperately need young top-shelf pitching. Reds desperately need an inexpensive offensive-minded shortstop, and the Cubs are the only team that seems to have a spare one.

I probably wouldn't trade Stephenson but I'd be tempted with Lorenzen.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hypothetical Trade

I'd be willing to move any of Lorenzen, Moscot or Travieso for a quality bat (minor or major league). I'd even be willing to move Lively if the return is right. Stephenson would be untouchable for me.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-27-2014)

It would take a Baez like prospect in return for me to move Lorenzen or Bob Steve. Moscot, Lively, Travieso I might lower that a tad but not by much. Moving any of those guys better bring a real stud back who is under team control for a while, but a top pitcher prospect for a top hitter prospect does have some appeal if it isn't Lorenzen or Stephenson. Personally, I think Lorenzen is going to be special.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-27-2014)

Don't you think they'll just move Castro or Baez to second?

8. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (07-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    It would take a Baez like prospect in return for me to move Lorenzen or Bob Steve. Moscot, Lively, Travieso I might lower that a tad but not by much. Moving any of those guys better bring a real stud back who is under team control for a while, but a top pitcher prospect for a top hitter prospect does have some appeal if it isn't Lorenzen or Stephenson. Personally, I think Lorenzen is going to be special.
    I'm agreeing with you on Lorenzen. Idk what the deal was, but my brother (who is not a member) has been just as high on Lorenzen as Stephenson since this spring and he may also be the one guy I know that expected Simon to pitch the way he has. IMO though Stephenson and Lorenzen are both close to untouchable. I know the Cubs have some great prospects, but I'd try to find hitters elsewhere. Possibly facing Lorenzen and or Stephenson a ton of times as a division rival doesn't sit well with me. A trade like that could really turn the Cubs, who are IMO the sleeping giant if the NL into a real powerhouse. I'd say pass and look elsewhere.

Two trades I'd do:

Lorenzen, Travieso or Lively for SS Javier Baez
    Moscot, Travieso or Lively for SS Gleyber Torres
    Go BLUE!!!

I would only consider trading Stephenson to an al team, and certainly not to a team in the division. The thought of Stephenson destroying the Reds in a cubs uniform makes me ill.

Also: I think the cubs would hang up first with Stephenson for Baez right now, mid 4 era at aa probably doesn't excite them very much.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-01-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would only consider trading Stephenson to an al team, and certainly not to a team in the division. The thought of Stephenson destroying the Reds in a cubs uniform makes me ill.

Also: I think the cubs would hang up first with Stephenson for Baez right now, mid 4 era at aa probably doesn't excite them very much.
    In terms of statistical performance, Robert Stephenson looks like an MVP compared to Baez right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    In terms of statistical performance, Robert Stephenson looks like an MVP compared to Baez right now.
    I would agree, but Baez is 21 at AAA and is showing power and has been on fire recently. Stephenson is 21 at AA and is actually getting worse as the season goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would agree, but Baez is 21 at AAA and is showing power and has been on fire recently. Stephenson is 21 at AA and is actually getting worse as the season goes along.
    The power is legit but contact rate is dreadful. I feel much more confident about Stephenson's ability to be a #2 starter at the ML level than I do about Baez's ability to be an above average regular at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Don't you think they'll just move Castro or Baez to second?
    Don't forget they have Arismendy Alcantara at 2B in AAA. Only guy in professional baseball with double digits doubles, triples, home runs and steals. And a .889 OPS in AAA at age 22.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Two trades I'd do:

Lorenzen, Travieso or Lively for SS Javier Baez
    Moscot, Travieso or Lively for SS Gleyber Torres

17. Likes:

mdccclxix (07-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Don't forget they have Arismendy Alcantara at 2B in AAA. Only guy in professional baseball with double digits doubles, triples, home runs and steals. And a .889 OPS in AAA at age 22.
    Yeah, I'd rather trade for him. Wouldn't cost so much pitching.

19. Likes:

Rojo (07-09-2014)

We'll see Alcantara tonight.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

21. Likes:

Benihana (07-09-2014)

Turn Off Ads?