Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Going to the Bengals-Ravens Game?

For a Level Playing Field

Anyone Going to the Bengals-Ravens Game?

I'll be there. My sister and her husband live in N. Virginia and obtained 4 tickets through the Ravens ticket office before the season. They were planning on visiting for a week in the Dayton area and thought it would be fun to see an NFL game (and Paul Brown Stadium) while here. My sister (pregnant... due end of March) grew up in the Dayton area and is having a baby shower Saturday.

My sister likes the Bengals... although her and her husband are big Redskins fans. For some reason she has liked the Skins since she was a little kid. However, she had to grow up in a household that are diehard Bengals fans (my father and I) and has always liked them.

Since the Dayton area will not get the game on TV (NFL Network... boo!), the timing worked out well for this Bengals diehard. I just hope the expected rain does not happen. A must win for the Bengals... lose and the Ravens wrap up the division.

WHO DEY!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone Going to the Bengals-Ravens Game?

I'll be there in the usual spots; Lot D for tailgating then on to section 312. I'm hoping that if we do get rain we also get a little breeze from the west. That usually tends to bring the canopy into play and keep us a little dryer. I have thought ahead and taken a vacation day on Friday so I can stay home and nurse the double pneumonia that I'll get.

The game should be a great one; strong offense vs. strong defense. If they don't hand the Ravens 14 early points like in Baltimore and the Bengals D can just have a solid game, I like the Bengals in a close one.

I will be there. I have season tickets in section 219. The latest weather forecast for tomorrow night is calling for 1 to 2 inches of rain in Cincinnati.

I could care less about either one of the two teams. But Cris Collinsworth ought to be worth the price of admission.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

The weather looks pretty bleak as of now. From the NWS:

Thursday: Showers likely, then occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. High near 66. Southwest wind between 8 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday Night: Occasional rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then occasional rain between 9pm and 4am, then occasional rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 4am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 48. North wind between 8 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Bring rain coats!

I'll be there. kinda. I'll be leaving work in the Enquirer building about the time the drinking in the parking lots hits a crescendo...approx 630p. The lots after home games are nasty...wing bones and cig butts strewn about. Nasty.

I'm in Cleveland so I won't be at the game... and I have Time-Warner so the NFL Network on my television is out... Luckily, I just got a new Sprint phone with broadband television and the NFL Network is one of the channels carried live on a 24-hr. basis...

LOL So I'll be watching the game... on my cellphone! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bring rain coats!
    I think we'll be driving our ark down to the game.

I'll be there. Section 340 and row 25.

My favorite seats in the house for reasonable price

Right on the fifty.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I'll be at Rudy's Pub & Grill in Newport (Beach ). About 30 TV screens and, while the food is terrific there, I'd rather watch this game in the comfort of my own living room. I have Time-Warner Cable (now that they took over bankrupt Adelphia) and they don't carry the NFL Network here either. To a large degree I side with the cable company though. The NFL sells their games to various networks but then goes and creates a seperate block of games that it wants the cable networks to pay extra for. Cable networks paying extra for those games equals cable networks charging the fan more money. Greedy, greedy, greedy NFL.

Rem

My problem is going to be just watching the game.

Our cable provider, Suddenlink, doesnt offer the NFL Network, and I dont even think any place around here is carrying the game. Thought about trying Buffalo Wild Wings.

Is there a way to watch the actual game in real time online?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Me and a group of friends are going to hit up the nearest B-Dubs....which happens to be about 35-40 minutes away. I'd rather watch at home, but this will have to do.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

If you don't have NFL Network, try sopcast.org on the web! It usually takes a little while to load it up, and the quality obviously isn't the greatest, but it'll work.

I haven't checked if the Bengals game will be on it, but the Chiefs / Broncos game was on last Thursday night.

Yes, but a I'll be too busy smoking out of spite!

Turn Off Ads?