Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Crimson Tide

Alabama Crimson Tide

Good lord is that a football team or what?

They absolutely handled Florida last night.

Are they on a collision course with Ohio State? Another epic SEC v. Big Ten matchup?

I'm hoping neither team stumbles because that could be a hell of a game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Alabama Crimson Tide

Alabama has won NINE STRAIGHT SEC road games. That is an impressive stat.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Can't stand Saban or the "Tide".

Darn Razorbacks. Could have held on.

Now that we're at it. Darn Volunteers! 13 on the field? Geesh. (Don't like Miles or LSU, either).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Oregon has been very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Oregon has been very impressive.
    Meh, great teams don't give up 21 points in the 1st quarter.

I think it will be Oregon and Bama.

I think those two plus tOSU could all be underwater. Someone will get their feelings hurt...
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Retired

Alabama is pretty dang good. They have a habit of not doing much after they jump out to a lead though. They let off the gas in the second half against Florida, if they would have kept going full throttle it would have been even more of a massacre than it was.

You can say what you want about Saban, but they guy knows how to build winners, and his defenses are usually among the best, if not the best, you are going to find in the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post

You can say what you want about Saban, but they guy knows how to build winners, .
    www.oversigning.com

Lot easier to build winners when you bring in 140 scholarship players over a five year period.

That aren't that good, as a Florida fan I get to say that

Oregon's habit of letting teams get a lead before waking up will bite them in the rear at some point.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Now that we're at it. Darn Volunteers! 13 on the field? Geesh. (Don't like Miles or LSU, either).
    What a way to lose, I loath the ugly orange but I felt sorry for Dooley.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Can't stand Saban or the "Tide".
    Nor can I, but my dislike for Urban Legend is greater. Nice to see his team get the beatdown.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I'm still thinking the winner of the Big 12 (Oklahoma or Nebraska) has a shot of taking down Alabama -- or atleast has the best shot. But more than anything, I'm really hoping Ohio State loses. I don't think I could take another crappy OSU National Championship beating.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    www.oversigning.com

Lot easier to build winners when you bring in 140 scholarship players over a five year period.
    Pretty interesting read. After reading the entry about how Tressel runs his program, as far as scholarships goes, makes me appreciate him even more.

Until the SEC changes their standards they need to be setup in their own league.

When you can sign 30 guys a year and discard the bad players you have a HUGE advantage. Ohio State and most other schools can't just miss on a player and get rid of him. The margin of error for the southern pro schools is just laughable.

That's not even mentioning the laughable academic standards at most of those schools.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I think Alabama is a real good football team. However, it's not because of beating Florida or because of the inbreeding that will happen at the expense of slightly overrated SEC teams this year.

That Florida team looked awful the first few weeks of the season. And I'm not convinced they won't lose several more games after this.

But I do think Alabama is a good team, the most complete team in the country right now. They're good defensively, don't make mistakes offensively and control the game. While their secondary is still going to be tested with any team that can pass worth a darn, they're very tough up front (on both sides of the ball).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?