Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The point of the question was...the receivers he throws to largely aren't very good and are unrecognizable.

When you have great receivers to throw to, you're more likely to complete more of your passes. He doesn't have Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or Reggie Wayne or a similar receiver to throw to.
    Yes, but it doesn't count when a pass is caught on a bounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

The point of the question was...the receivers he throws to largely aren't very good and are unrecognizable.

When you have great receivers to throw to, you're more likely to complete more of your passes. He doesn't have Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or Reggie Wayne or a similar receiver to throw to.
    Thomas looks like he might have star potential, Royal and Decker seem decent, but it's hard to tell when they don't throw very much.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Sometimes QBs can make WR look really bad. How did Roddy White do after Vick was arrested/released and they drafted Ryan?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't count when a pass is caught on a bounce.
    Have you watched a lot of the Broncos games? The receivers have dropped PLENTY of balls. I'm not suggesting Tebow hasn't made poor throws, he has. But good receivers would have caught a lot more of the balls that were dropped and unfortunately, Tebow's completion percentage drops because of those blunders.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Thomas looks like he might have star potential, Royal and Decker seem decent, but it's hard to tell when they don't throw very much.
    I don't personally think Thomas looks like a star, but he is better than the others. Royal and Decker are average at best IMO.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Drops happen. The Broncos have a relatively high drop rate, but based on my math -- taking the Broncos' rate of dropped passes of 6.5% (drops / attempts), cutting that rate in half (making them the most sure-handed team in the league as far as I can tell, slightly better than the New England Patriots' 3.5%), figuring out how many more completions that would yield (14) and giving them all to Tebow (I never liked Kyle Orton anyway), Tebow's completion percentage goes from 46.5% to 51.6%.

Can't blame it all on the receivers.

Yes, there are plenty of teams out there with better groups, but you have to realize that up to this point, Tebow's generally needed guys to be wide open by NFL standards before he'd pull the trigger and that just doesn't happen a great deal regardless of whose receivers you're talking about. Defensive backs get paid a lot of money too.

Again, none of this is to suggest he can't improve. I'm still skeptical he'll ever be good at executing a passing game The NFL Way but maybe the Broncos can continue finding new ways to skin cats.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I think you also need to account for rhythm that is disrupted by drops. It also can put you in 3rd & long situations, etc. It's a little more than figuring some math up to put the Broncos at a league average drop rate and recalculate the pass %.

There is plenty of room at the Altar of Tebow. All are welcome to bask in His presence.

To me he's a taller, stronger Jeff Blake. Throws a good deep ball but wildly inconsistent on short throws. Also reminds me of Big Ben. First few years Steelers managed expectations a/ good defense and running game. Makes the occasional deep ball more devastating.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    It's amazing how people have completely forgotten about the last 3 games of the season. It's like they never happened.

And the whole "hater" comments were tired like a month ago. Here's what happens: we all watch the games. The Broncos win and it's all because of Tebow. Some of us just don't buy what's shoved in our faces and dare to offer an opposing viewpoint that the guy isn't that good. That viewpoint is often times met with accusations of being a hater. Lame.
    There are a number of moving parts that make or break a play. During the OT TD there were serveral factors that led to the TD being scored. It was a heck of a call by the Denver OC when you consider they ran on a large portion of first down plays. Then you have to ask why the Steelers were in an all out run prevention that early in OT. Also why did Ike Taylor play on the outside when there really wasn't help over the top. And finally it was one heck of a catch and run by Thomas who beat the CB and S with a stiff arm and raced to the endzone for a TD. In all honesty in all the football games I watched any NFL quality QB makes that throw. It was pretty much an "easy" if the NFL is easy, pitch and catch.

But if you ask anyone it was all Tim Tebow.

Does anyone remember Tebow's last pass before he threw the standard post pattern to Thomas for 80 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    There are a number of moving parts that make or break a play. During the OT TD there were serveral factors that led to the TD being scored. It was a heck of a call by the Denver OC when you consider they ran on a large portion of first down plays. Then you have to ask why the Steelers were in an all out run prevention that early in OT. Also why did Ike Taylor play on the outside when there really wasn't help over the top. And finally it was one heck of a catch and run by Thomas who beat the CB and S with a stiff arm and raced to the endzone for a TD. In all honesty in all the football games I watched any NFL quality QB makes that throw. It was pretty much an "easy" if the NFL is easy, pitch and catch.

Have you seen Skip Bayless on ESPN 1st Take? This guy is certifiable.....and it dumbfounds me they allow him such a platform when it comes to this guy.

He argues over NFL Players to get his point across. I am still shocked no one has done a Jim Everett/Jim Rome on him.

I'm not saying that it's all Tim Tebow, since he's taken over I do think his leadership has fired up everyone around him though.

For that particular play in OT I'm pretty sure the backup FS was supposed to be playing deep. Ike Taylor isn't a bad CB, and he played it like he was expecting help. Tebow is the only QB in the NFL running the read option though, and on 1st down the safties were cheating up to stop his running threat. Thomas made an incredible run after the catch, but just having Tebow in that backfield is what opened up the field for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'm not saying that it's all Tim Tebow, since he's taken over I do think his leadership has fired up everyone around him though.

For that particular play in OT I'm pretty sure the backup FS was supposed to be playing deep. Ike Taylor isn't a bad CB, and he played it like he was expecting help. Tebow is the only QB in the NFL running the read option though, and on 1st down the safties were cheating up to stop his running threat. Thomas made an incredible run after the catch, but just having Tebow in that backfield is what opened up the field for him.
    The read option is overblown. The safeties were cheating up because Denver had run the vast majority of times on 1st down. I forget the stat but it was something like 80%. If you ask me it was a poor defensive call that early in the OT. It was a very good play call, nice throw by Tebow, and a great catch and run by Thomas. To give Tebow all the credit (which many are doing) is ignoring all the other moving pieces that enabled that play to happen.

The read option is overblown. The safeties were cheating up because Denver had run the vast majority of times on 1st down. I forget the stat but it was something like 80%. If you ask me it was a poor defensive call that early in the OT. It was a very good play call, nice throw by Tebow, and a great catch and run by Thomas. To give Tebow all the credit (which many are doing) is ignoring all the other moving pieces that enabled that play to happen.
    I think Palomalu was out of position. He was sneaking up on the right side of the line as the play went left. He had no chance to make a tackle on a sweep going left so he should have dropped back to cover the middle of the field. He realized that too late

Turn Off Ads?