Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In spite of him

In spite of him

I am really glad that we have some incredible talent on this team. Last night again proved that if you have the talent you can win in spite of very poor in game management by your manager. I am also glad to see Co-Co pitch in side more and can someone please tell Cincy fans we catch our own homeruns and not the opposing teams....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: In spite of him

I was at the game last night and in no way was the game mismanaged. I'll criticize Baker with the best of them but last night had to be one of his better managed games. I would have kept Bronson in because he came into the 8th inning with only around 90 pitches. He brought in the right reliever in the 8th. He had Massett warming up. Please tell me what you thought was mismanaged.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I was at the game last night and in no way was the game mismanaged. I'll criticize Baker with the best of them but last night had to be one of his better managed games. I would have kept Bronson in because he came into the 8th inning with only around 90 pitches. He brought in the right reliever in the 8th. He had Massett warming up. Please tell me what you thought was mismanaged.
    A) He didn't play Heisey
    B) He should have pulled Bronson after 7, with a 2 run lead let Arthur start the 8th, that is why you have bullpens

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    A) He didn't play Heisey
    B) He should have pulled Bronson after 7, with a 2 run lead let Arthur start the 8th, that is why you have bullpens
    Are you kidding me.. ?? It's the first game after the allstar break.. You play your starting lineup and the last I checked Heisey is our backup left fielder. Gomes got a big hit. Stubbs played pretty good.. I agree maybe put him in as a defensive replacement but in no way was that game mismanaged.. 28 of 30 managers would have left arroyo in there.

Are you kidding me.. ?? It's the first game after the allstar break.. You play your starting lineup and the last I checked Heisey is our backup left fielder. Gomes got a big hit. Stubbs played pretty good.. I agree maybe put him in as a defensive replacement but in no way was that game mismanaged.. 28 of 30 managers would have left arroyo in there.
    and 2 managers would have been wrong.

No I am not, Gomes and Stubbs have been struggling, what is wrong with putting Chris in and letting him show what he can do? You have a bullpen for a reason, USE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No I am not, Gomes and Stubbs have been struggling, what is wrong with putting Chris in and letting him show what he can do? You have a bullpen for a reason, USE IT.
    How many times this year has the bullpen blown games for us. Especially Cordero. When Arroyo isn't even at 100 pitches and had given up only 4 hits and 1 run at the point you leave the man in. The end result is that we won and that is all that matters in the end. You could debate this all day

I was livid at first when Dusty left Rhodes in against Fowler (I think) who hits lefties some 90 points better than righties. Then again, Rhodes has by far been the best reliever on the team and you sometimes go with your best. Plus more lefties were coming up. He probably left Arroyo in for 1 too many batters but Dusty does that most of the time.

Any way, Dusty wins this one. I'm now 94-1 against Dusty.

P.S. I am wondering when Coco will make an appearance without walking someone. Or without going 3-2 on 80% of the batters.

Quote Originally Posted by CWRed View Post
    I was livid at first when Dusty left Rhodes in against Fowler (I think) who hits lefties some 90 points better than righties. Then again, Rhodes has by far been the best reliever on the team and you sometimes go with your best. Plus more lefties were coming up. He probably left Arroyo in for 1 too many batters but Dusty does that most of the time.

Any way, Dusty wins this one. I'm now 94-1 against Dusty.

P.S. I am wondering when Coco will make an appearance without walking someone. Or without going 3-2 on 80% of the batters.
    Yeah I would take my chances with Rhodes over Massett anyday.. lol.. I would have been livid if Massett would have been brought in for the third out and gave up a hit

Stubbs should not be starting over Heisey

he is hitting .236 with a .310 OBP

They are in the middle of a pennant race, let Stubbs learn how to hit in the minors

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post

They are in the middle of a pennant race, let Stubbs learn how to hit in the minors
    We are in 1st place on July 17th with Stubbs as our starting center fielder. What about defense?? Offense isn't everything. Heisey is great defensivley but not as good as Stubbs in my opinion. I agree that they should split time in center but I have no problem with Stubbs starting last nights game

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post

AAA will be no help to Drew Stubbs at all. He's already been down that road. It's major league pitching that he can't hit. He needs to be in Cincinatti, learning to be more agressive early in the count, against major league pitching.

Good grief! They won the game - do we always have to be negative on this board? What matters is, the players put in the game executed and they won. Be happy. That's the bottom line. In two weeks nobody will remember all the little silly details about the game.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

If Baker pulls Arroyo after the 7th, people would be on here criticizing him asking why does Dusty intend on killing our bull pen while we are in a playoff chase. it would go something like "this is a marathon not a sprint, FIRE DUSTY!" :thumbdown
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Too bad Drew Stubbs started over Heisey tonight.. Him with those 2 home runs and all

Turn Off Ads?