Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rolen, Ludwick, and Hanigan

Re: Rolen, Ludwick, and Hanigan

So it wasn't the lack of pitching, it was the bad guys in the clubhouse ?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who needs to be replaced on the current roster by a vet?

Losing is a disease...as contagious as polio...
    Losing is a disease...as contagious as syphilis...
    Losing is a disease...as contagious as the bubonic plague.
    Ah, but curable...

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

5. Likes:

CySeymour (05-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-08-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    So it wasn't the lack of pitching, it was the bad guys in the clubhouse ?
    I'm not too smart about these things.........but, um, eh, um......er, um..........could it have been both?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'm not too smart about these things.........but, um, eh, um......er, um..........could it have been both?
    With the pitching they had it would have taken I'm not sure any amount of character to make up the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Who needs to be replaced on the current roster by a vet?
    Reds would be helped by two veteran outfielders. Lutz and Robinson spots. New guys. Could handle LF or platoon there and add to bench pending Lud's return,

Probably also the Corky Miller spot although that's more current ability than experience.

Argument could be made Reds would be better off with a veteran starting on the left side of the infield either ar SS or 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds would be helped by two veteran outfielders. Lutz and Robinson spots. New guys. Could handle LF or platoon there and add to bench pending Lud's return,

Probably also the Corky Miller spot although that's more current ability than experience.

Argument could be made Reds would be better off with a veteran starting on the left side of the infield either ar SS or 3B.
    I'd argue they need better talent in LF and SS don't care if its a vet or not.

Kc61 will not be content until there is a vet in every roster spot!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I am really appreciative of everything Corky has done for this organization, but moreso as a coach/player than simply a player.

I'm probably in the minority, but I miss Dioner Navarro. I thought he gave the Reds some good offense at the end of last season. He played well against us recently in the Cubs series too.

12. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Kc61 will not be content until there is a vet in every roster spot!
    This is typical RedsZone typecasting and it is silly and demonstrably false.

In fact, the opposite problem exists -- many RedsZone posters are so madly in love with every prospect that they think Jay Bruce is Babe Ruth and Todd Frazier is Lou Gehrig. And they are crushed when they find out it isn't so.

When you have a wildly inconsistent lineup, with three starting hitters who are very inexperienced and a good RFer who has a history of inconsistency, the way to remedy that is boost the offense with one or two proven bats.

This is especially so since the team has lost several key veterans to injury or retirement.

So you guys can go ahead with Donald Lutz from AA filling the holes and with all the wonderful Reds prospects getting all this playing time. It's working great so far.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-08-2013 at 04:23 PM.

This is typical RedsZone typecasting and it is silly and demonstrably false.
    It was also probably more of a joke/sarcasm.

Nothing to get all excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    It was also probably more of a joke/sarcasm.

Nothing to get all excited about.
    I'm glad you're around to inform me of such things. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I am really appreciative of everything Corky has done for this organization, but moreso as a coach/player than simply a player.

I'm probably in the minority, but I miss Dioner Navarro. I thought he gave the Reds some good offense at the end of last season. He played well against us recently in the Cubs series too.
    They had to do a better of job of just having Corky as their backup in case a Catcher got hurt....which is a very real possibility for most catchers in baseball.

I'm glad you're around to inform me of such things. Thanks.
    Well jeez... you don't need to be so defensive to anyone who sees things differently than you or is clearly just trying to have some fun).

I think we can all lighten up around here (myself included). Reds haven't been playing great ball lately, I think everyone is a little on edge when they log onto Redszone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Well jeez... you don't need to be so defensive to anyone who sees things differently than you or is clearly just trying to have some fun). And if humor is intended, there are ways of showing that, like a simple LOL.

I think we can all lighten up around here (myself included). Reds haven't been playing great ball lately, I think everyone is a little on edge when they log onto Redszone these days.
    I guess I don't think comments directed at individual posters is such a nice idea. I always try to stay away from it, but I won't refrain from responding when other posters engage in it. And if humor is intended there are ways of showing that, like a simple LOL.

As for fun, this Reds' season is not fun. And when I think about it, my unhappiness is not directed at the players, but at the front office.

They are just passive in dealing with injury replacements and fixing deficiencies. They simply promote the next guy in line on the forty man roster. They seem to be tapped out of ideas.

I think today said it all. For all of Lutz' virtues - good story, nice prospect, probably a bright future - the Reds have no business hitting him with the bases loaded no outs in the second inning against the Braves. He was at the AA level before coming up.

I know Dusty likes the young man, but some fans want to win these games. Prospect development cannot be the primary motivation for a lineup.

So I think there's good reason to be unhappy with the Reds right now, to say nothing of posts directed at individual posters.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Turn Off Ads?