Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carpenter out indefinitely (Yahoo)

Carpenter out indefinitely (Yahoo)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...nals-carpenter

Didn't see this coming when LaRussa was abusing his pitch counts like crazy last year lol.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carpenter out indefinitely (Yahoo)

That article confuses me....is it a non denial denial?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    That article confuses me....is it a non denial denial?
    Same here, makes it sound serious in my opinion. More often than not, the word indefinitely means a long time.

This is not a good thing for Carp or the Cards.

Lance Lynn can't go 200 innings but is a decent in house replacement. I hope the Cards don't overpay Oswalt to drive up to the 'lou to take that spot in the rotation.

The NL Central will still be a 2-3 horse race with CIN - MIL - STL going for the division. 1 of these 3 will fall out leaving it a 2 team race up to the last week - 10 days of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post
    This is not a good thing for Carp or the Cards.

Lance Lynn can't go 200 innings but is a decent in house replacement. I hope the Cards don't overpay Oswalt to drive up to the 'lou to take that spot in the rotation.

The NL Central will still be a 2-3 horse race with CIN - MIL - STL going for the division. 1 of these 3 will fall out leaving it a 2 team race up to the last week - 10 days of the season.
    I'll bet they do go after Oswalt. I've heard he's not really interested in pitching until around June, but I guess that could change.

I'd still rather face Oswalt than Carp...he pitched so many innings last year, you knew this was going to happen...and he wasn't exactly lighting it up before the ASB either. Wainright will struggle after TJ surgery. I would love to think they won't be able to compete, but as soon as you count these bastards out they come roaring back. But no Carp, no Pujols, no LaRussa and no Duncan...interesting time for baseball in St. Louis. The first time there's been real uncertainty there for quite awhile. And I hope it lasts a few years...they've had enough good luck the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I'd still rather face Oswalt than Carp...he pitched so many innings last year, you knew this was going to happen...and he wasn't exactly lighting it up before the ASB either. Wainright will struggle after TJ surgery. I would love to think they won't be able to compete, but as soon as you count these bastards out they come roaring back. But no Carp, no Pujols, no LaRussa and no Duncan...interesting time for baseball in St. Louis. The first time there's been real uncertainty there for quite awhile. And I hope it lasts a few years...they've had enough good luck the past decade.
    He was only 2 games over .500 last year. Hardly an ace. Sorry to report that his spot will be filled by at LEAST as good a pitcher as he is now.

The loss of Pujols, TLR and Duncan mean nothing. Now if they lost Molina, Holliday or Berkman it would be a problem.

He was only 2 games over .500 last year. Hardly an ace. Sorry to report that his spot will be filled by at LEAST as good a pitcher as he is now.

The loss of Pujols, TLR and Duncan mean nothing. Now if they lost Molina, Holliday or Berkman it would be a problem.
    LOL

Did you list Yahoo in the title because thats the news story or Because your really happy he is out.

What is Berkman, 50 now? Nobody is worried about Lance Berkman. His fall of the cliff is coming, sooner more likely than later.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    What is Berkman, 50 now? Nobody is worried about Lance Berkman. His fall of the cliff is coming, sooner more likely than later.
    But Pujols will go on forever? For the money, Berkman is the better player. Check their last year's stats.

But Pujols will go on forever? For the money, Berkman is the better player. Check their last year's stats.
    You're quite possibly the biggest homer i've ever seen lol.

This is the year

I see this as great news. But i hope they dont get oswalt. I completely disagree on rather face carpenter than oswalt.

According to this article, the Angels have apparently become the frontrunner for Oswalt.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...gn-roy-oswalt/
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    You're quite possibly the biggest homer i've ever seen lol.
    Then you have seen little. I got fed up with Albert's act long before he bolted his "beloved" St. Louis. As a Reds fan you would have no idea what I'm talking about because all you hear from ESPN is unending plaudits for the guy.

You would have to see him not running balls out, standing with his hands on his hips when a bad throw comes his way, killing rallies all year with his record breaking GIDP's, and MORE. There's much more.

Turn Off Ads?