Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: 36 times

Re: 36 times

I'm on my phone, or else I'd do it myself. Someone link to the RedsZone 10 thread.

Creek was our queen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This thread has gone down a path it doesn't need to.

Continue baseball discussion only, please. The personal jabs need to stop immediately.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

4. Likes:

Always Red (08-01-2013),New York Red (08-01-2013),westofyou (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't care about contributing and I don't care if you're insulted. I've been on this site for over ten years and it hasn't changed. I used to keep my opinion to myself, but this time around I tell the truth. We have civil conversation on every other forum on this site, but it's impossible on ORG -- and it's because of a dozen or so posters who, for some reason, think they're above everyone else.
    Caring is where a community starts, if you don't care then don't waste my time with questions or replies, in fact just place all of your dozen or so on ignore and move on.

Surely YOU have better things to do than engage all the folks that make your life miserable here in a tit for tat.

Surely I do.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Caring is where a community starts, if you don't care then don't waste my time with questions or replies, in fact just place all of your dozen or so on ignore and move on.

Surely YOU have better things to do than engage all the folks that make your life miserable here in a tit for tat.

Surely I do.
    My life is pretty awesome actually. Like I said, every other forum on this site is civil. Why can't ORG be that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm on my phone, or else I'd do it myself. Someone link to the RedsZone 10 thread.

Creek was our queen.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44283
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

8. Likes:

Raisor (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    My life is pretty awesome actually. Like I said, every other forum on this site is civil. Why can't ORG be that way?
    If you are interested, there's a thread devoted to this elsewhere. I started it because of some of the growing pains I thought were happening here since the merger:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101445

FWIW, this thread was very civil until you claimed it wasn't. Some pretty interesting discussion, actually. Wish you could see that, too.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

Creek was our queen.
    Yeah, but the Redszone 10 actually existed and I refuse to believe otherwise.

A lot of respectable posters engaging with NY Red I see.

Take my advice which I figured out last night. Bow out immediately as you have been trolled.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    A lot of respectable posters engaging with NY Red I see.

Take my advice which I figured out last night. Bow out immediately as you have been trolled.
    I don't bow out until I've been Rick Rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't bow out until I've been Rick Rolled.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awB9doH4piM
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Hate to see the discussion turn the way it did in the last page or two. I was enjoying hearing both sides, even if I strongly disagreed with a few. It's only baseball, folks. (But I Like It.)

This is the kind of stuff most could enjoy and just laugh about if we were at a bar or our seats at GABP talking Reds, but it tends to lose something in cyberspace.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    This is the kind of stuff most could enjoy and just laugh about if we were at a bar or our seats at GABP talking Reds, but it tends to lose something in cyberspace.
    I enjoy discussing baseball with posters like you. Disagreement is what makes it more interesting. What fun is discussion if we agree about everything?

I don't enjoy discussing baseball with people who just plug their ears and then insult me periodically. Or with posters who respond to my (good faith attempt at) thought-out posts with .

If the argument was that the Reds brand of baseball this season hasn't been aesthetically pleasing, that would be one thing. But to argue about the significance of trends in their production while refusing to contemplate baselines that give such trends meaning is another thing altogether.

Those arguing for baselines aren't ruining discussion. They are actually trying to establish a basis for having a meaningful discussion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

17. Likes:

Raisor (08-01-2013)

And if we didn't have baselines how would the players know where to run when they hit the ball?

19. Likes:

RedEye (08-01-2013),westofyou (08-01-2013)

My daughter is an art major. She saw the title of this thread when I was reading it and thought we were talking about Andy Warhol...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethel_Scull_36_Times

Somehow after discussing all this and going off on to many tangents (who? me?), I agreed to buy here a t-shirt of Andy Warhol and the Exploding Plastic Inevitable.

Life is funny.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

21. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (08-01-2013),Raisor (08-01-2013),RedEye (08-01-2013),westofyou (08-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?