Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREAT Griffey ESPN.com Article--Bonds vs. Griffey

GREAT Griffey ESPN.com Article--Bonds vs. Griffey

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab2pos2

This is why I love KGJ. He will forever be my favorite player. Nobody will ever replace him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Re: GREAT Griffey ESPN.com Article--Bonds vs. Griffey

Great article!

I agree good article

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Great piece, thanks for posting it.

If the Reds arent going to be a WS contender this year then nothing would make me happier to see JR agree to be traded to a team that is in contention at or near the trade deadline. I know its a long shot because few teams wanna take on that contract and Griffey may very well veto the trade, but I just would love to see him at least play in a Fall Classic. Ernie Banks is generally regarded as the greatest player never to play in a WS but I think the way it looks now, Griffey will unfortunately take over this title.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Great article! To me, Griffey is the "Jordan" of baseball, minus the championships of course. But, Griffey makes the game fun to watch and when he steps up to the plate, or takes his position in center field, it's hard to take your concentration away from him. His swing is the prettiest in the league, and it's going to be hard to find a player that can change my mind on that. Having the opportunity to meet the guy, shake his hand, and talk to him on a normal level was a dream come true for me. It is one of those things that I'll always remember.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    If the Reds arent going to be a WS contender this year then nothing would make me happier to see JR agree to be traded to a team that is in contention at or near the trade deadline. I know its a long shot because few teams wanna take on that contract and Griffey may very well veto the trade, but I just would love to see him at least play in a Fall Classic. Ernie Banks is generally regarded as the greatest player never to play in a WS but I think the way it looks now, Griffey will unfortunately take over this title.
    As bad as I hate to agree with you, I have to. I love Griffey. He's the guy who got me into baseball. He's the guy that kept me going to GABP over and over and over again when we all hoped he would hit #500. He's the guy that made me stand proud every time he walked up to the plate with 495, 496, 497, 498, and 499. He's the guy that gave me a moment in history I will never forget. When he hit 500, that is a memory I will never ever let go of. I had just came in from a warm summer's run in Central Kentucky, and the tv was on. My mom told me that Griffey was at-bat. On this father's day, just as I turned my attention to the screen, the pitch was thrown, and the bat was so gracefully swung into the 500th home run ball of Ken Griffey, Jr. I could go on and on with great Griffey memories. But one I don't have, is Griffey getting to the World Series.

I can't wait for that day. I have faith that it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by uks2h View Post
    He's the guy that made me stand proud every time he walked up to the plate with 495, 496, 497, 498, and 499.

Why were you proud?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Fact checkers.... they need some. Griffey has 563 Career HRs and not 569. Also, why is it so hard to say "Barry Bonds used performance enhancing substances"? Why must everyone always say "allegedly"? He admitted that he did it to a grand jury. Sure, we were not supposed to hear about it, but we did. Does it change the fact that he admitted to it? Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Fact checkers.... they need some. Griffey has 563 Career HRs and not 569. Also, why is it so hard to say "Barry Bonds used performance enhancing substances"? Why must everyone always say "allegedly"? He admitted that he did it to a grand jury. Sure, we were not supposed to hear about it, but we did. Does it change the fact that he admitted to it? Not at all.
    Probably because of a potential slander lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why were you proud?
    Why not? Nothing wrong with being proud of your favorite player for his accomplishments, I was proud to be a Reds/Griffey fan on that day as well. All sports fans root in a different way, I always wear my Reds gear with pride, but I get a little extra swagger when they do something great. Some might say that it's silly to be that way but it's how I am as a fan, always will be.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Probably because of a potential slander lawsuit.
    Bonds cant win a slander lawsuit.... its not slander if the guy said it.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why were you proud?
    Because he was hitting them in a REDS uniform!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Why not? Nothing wrong with being proud of your favorite player for his accomplishments, I was proud to be a Reds/Griffey fan on that day as well. All sports fans root in a different way, I always wear my Reds gear with pride, but I get a little extra swagger when they do something great. Some might say that it's silly to be that way but it's how I am as a fan, always will be.
    Thank you!!! Glad someone understands!!

Hasn't this guy got sued yet?

Where in the hell does he get that clip of "Bonds confided in Griffey that he was about to start taking some "hard-core stuff" to keep up with the big boys."

Sure, everyone thinks Bonds is a cheat, but citing this specific quote, without some sort of proof, is opening up a huge case for slander.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Turn Off Ads?