Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RedsZone's Top 50 Prospects

Re: RedsZone's Top 50 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Duran will climb a little, push towards top 10 perhaps.
    Who goes higher--Duran or Waldrop? Duran is a couple months older. I think I'd have to go with Waldrop. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd have to go with Waldrop.

That said, Duran's season has been very encouraging.

2. Turn Off Ads?

1, 4, 7, 9, 10, 19 are all with the MLB team and will lose their prospect status in my guess. Only one maybe going back down is Alonso if they decide playing may actually be beneficial. How long until we hear Alonso down, Valaika up?

Drops I think will include 3,11,14,23,25, 34

How about backwards? Easily Yorman for my money.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Drops I think will include 3,11,14,23,25, 34
    I agree, klw. The only person I think could stay the same would be Fleury at 34. I can't believe he has only got 186 PAs. He hasn't been slugging this year, but is still sporting a .376 OBP. I guess that's what happens when you are in the minors at the same position as Mesoraco, Grandal, Coddington (.896 OPS at high A) and Barnhart.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I could see Yorman as a Neftali Soto path. Came in as superstar prospect, fades of for a year or two then emerges later on again. At least that is what I am hoping from him. i was big on Yorman having a big year this year, but his inability to stay healthy is really starting to make me wonder.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Based on what?! He is an 18 year old hitting .260 in full season ball and has gone through stretches where he really flashes stuff. Top it off with top of the line tools.... I just don't see him dropping much at all. He is in my Top 5 still.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Based on what?! He is an 18 year old hitting .260 in full season ball and has gone through stretches where he really flashes stuff. Top it off with top of the line tools.... I just don't see him dropping much at all. He is in my Top 5 still.
    Injuries and attitude (or lack there of), something redsof72 has noted multiple times.

I think he's still a good prospect and I haven't given up on him. But the 3rd best in the system? No way.

When Yorman's 21 and in the major leagues, I'm sure we'll see "When is Yorman R. going to start hitting?" threads. I don't see him dropping at all.

I see Yorman dropping but not too far, ex. to the 6-10 range.

IMO, Brodie Greene belongs on the list. .290 BA, 12 HR, 29 SB in 37 attempts, versatile in the field. He can be a 4th OF'er, 5th IF'er, as well as useful PH and runner...not elite in any one area, but nevertheless a very useful type of player to have on a ML roster.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    IMO, Brodie Greene belongs on the list. .290 BA, 12 HR, 29 SB in 37 attempts, versatile in the field. He can be a 4th OF'er, 5th IF'er, as well as useful PH and runner...not elite in any one area, but nevertheless a very useful type of player to have on a ML roster.
    Agree 100%.

Let's not forget about Mr. Mesoraco. In my opinion he is our number 1 prospect. I love this guys game. Brian McCann 2.0, more athletic,no love handles, and better eyesight. There is no question in my mind that his bat will lead to several All Star appearances. Yes, I have a man crush on Devin Mesoraco.

Turn Off Ads?