Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Proposal...

Trade Proposal...

Why not try to upgrade the catching situation by going outside of the organization? We are currently carrying 3 catchers on our roster whereas I would rather carry an extra fielder. Here is my proposal be kind, but I do have my reasons:

Reds trade: Sam Lecure (AA) Chattanooga RHSP
    Tyler Pelland (AAA) Louisville LHRP
    BJ Symanski(AAA) Louisville CF

Royals trade: Miguel Olivo(MLB) Catcher

Why it works for both teams....the Royals are going nowhere and Olivo is making 2 million per, so to them it would be a salary dump while gaining a 4th OF type and 2 young arms for the future.

For the Reds they get a RH Catcher who can team with Ross in sharing the catching duties while allieving the team of the need to carry 3 catchers allowing us to jettison Valentin and Bako in favor of maybe keeping Janish on the roster. Janish gives us better late inning defense, more speed, and allows us to use Freel/ Keppenger more as a Utility guys. Thoughts?????

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Proposal...

There really isn't a whole lot seperating Olivo and Ross. They are platoon players against lefties... the important thing is not to get too caught up in the hot streaks (ie. 2006 Ross).

Not that we are giving up a lot, Pelland still might have a chance to be useful, but I don't see what Olivo adds. He'd be completely redundant. We need a guy to play competently against righties.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Olivo's an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    Why not try to upgrade the catching situation by going outside of the organization? We are currently carrying 3 catchers on our roster whereas I would rather carry an extra fielder. Here is my proposal be kind, but I do have my reasons:

Reds trade: Sam Lecure (AA) Chattanooga RHSP
    Tyler Pelland (AAA) Louisville LHRP
    BJ Symanski(AAA) Louisville CF

Royals trade: Miguel Olivo(MLB) Catcher

Why it works for both teams....the Royals are going nowhere and Olivo is making 2 million per, so to them it would be a salary dump while gaining a 4th OF type and 2 young arms for the future.

For the Reds they get a RH Catcher who can team with Ross in sharing the catching duties while allieving the team of the need to carry 3 catchers allowing us to jettison Valentin and Bako in favor of maybe keeping Janish on the roster. Janish gives us better late inning defense, more speed, and allows us to use Freel/ Keppenger more as a Utility guys. Thoughts?????
    1. i don't think olivio is much of an upgrade over Ross. i do agree that a better catcher would be nice, for this year and beyond

2. i think the Reds pressing need is for an outfielder. someone who can play CF or RF. Xavier Nady comes to mind. I am not sure who else is available.

Turn Off Ads?