Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bray Recalled, LeCure sent down

Bray Recalled, LeCure sent down

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bray Recalled, LeCure sent down

Good news. Hopefully Bray can give us the lift for the bullpen were lookin for
    So what are we doin about the 5th starter spot?

my guess would be either recalling Travis Wood for a spot start on Thursday against the Cubs or recalling Volquez for that start.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'd spot start Woods on Tuesday. It's the 4th day for every pitcher but Mike Leake. Phillies are strongly a lefthanded lineup (Utley, Howard, Ibanez, Gload, Schneider), and Wood is a lefty with some good results since May 18th (1.62 ERA). Plus it's a home game. Why start him against a hostile crowd in Chicago?

Sam LeCure showed he was long on guts but just a little short on talent. And I appreciate the effort. Travis Wood would look nice in the rotation.

Looks like Danny Ray will be sent down for the 5th starter
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

This according to Lance McAlister:

Today the Reds recalled from Class AAA Louisville LHP Bill Bray (#45) and optioned to Louisville RHP Sam LeCure.
    So...the Reds will have to add a starting pitcher........gotta be Travis Wood at some point this week.
    Wood pitched Friday night at AAA so he'd be due to go again on Wednesday.
    Reds have the Phillies Wednesday at 12:35 at GABP.
    LeCure's spot in the rotation comes up Thursday afternoon at Wrigley vs the Cubs.
    I'd bet Wood throws at home Wednesday vs Phillies rather than on the road Thursday vs Cubs.
    Why start him on the road vs a Cubs team that hammers LHP and hits much bettter at home?

Cubs 2010:
    vs LHP: .281 BA, .345 OBP, .447 SLG, .792 OPS
    vs RHP: .245 BA, .314 OBP, .376 SLG, .690 OPS
    Home: .270 BA, .336 OBP, .416 SLG, .757 OPS
    Road: .242 BA, .311 OBP, .376 SLG, .689 OPS

Phillies 2010
    vs LHP: .259 BA, .344 OBP, .409 SLG, .753 OPS
    vs RHP: .258 BA, .325 OBP, .419 SLG, .744 OPS
    Home: .261 BA, .330 OBP, .445 SLG, .755 OPS
    Road: .255 BA, .330 OPB, .388 SLG, .718 OPS

I'd bet Wood is up and Daniel Ray Herrera is down by Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'd spot start Woods on Tuesday. It's the 4th day for every pitcher but Mike Leake. Phillies are strongly a lefthanded lineup (Utley, Howard, Ibanez, Gload, Schneider), and Wood is a lefty with some good results since May 18th (1.62 ERA). Plus it's a home game. Why start him against a hostile crowd in Chicago?
    It won't work, you idiot, because he'd be pitching on 3 days rest. :thumbdown

I just thought I'd take the time to insult myself. :

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Looks like Danny Ray will be sent down for the 5th starter
    I also expect Owings to be dealt at some point to some club willing to take a chance on letting him start again.

We will have to free up room for Chapman in the bullpen eventually.

I'm just glad we're starting to get healthy. How much longer until Hanigan, Dickerson, and Bailey are back? You would think by the ASB we should be close to 100%, barring anything else happening. Knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWilly View Post
    I'm just glad we're starting to get healthy. How much longer until Hanigan, Dickerson, and Bailey are back? You would think by the ASB we should be close to 100%, barring anything else happening. Knock on wood.
    That's kind of what is interesting to me. The Cardinals have only Lohse and Penny on the DL. No one else. Lohse is done for the season. Penny may or may not come back, and honestly he doesn't strike fear in me.

The Reds have Bailey, Dickerson, Hanigan, Lincoln and Volquez on the DL. They have former quality lefthanded relief pitcher Bill Bray rehabbing in triple A (now called up) and a 100 mph throwing lefthanded relief pitcher in Chapman soon to be up.

Hanigan is our best hitting and defensive catcher. Probably our best gamecaller too.

Volquez, if back to form, is a former Cy Young candidate.

Not sure if Dickerson will ever see the major league club again because frankly I'm fine with the way it is. But he has major league experience if one of our OFers go down. I expect him to rehab in Louisville for awhile 'til needed.

Seriously doubt we ever see Lincoln again. They probably rehab him in Louisville, hope he does well, and then package him in some deal as a throw in.

We also have minor league pitcher of the year, Travis Wood, a lefty, pitching well with an ERA of 1.62 since May 18th, waiting in the wings.

We have more soldiers on the way, and we're in first place already. The Cardinals have nothing on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    That's kind of what is interesting to me. The Cardinals have only Lohse and Penny on the DL. No one else. Lohse is done for the season. Penny may or may not come back, and honestly he doesn't strike fear in me.

The Reds have Bailey, Dickerson, Hanigan, Lincoln and Volquez on the DL. They have former quality lefthanded relief pitcher Bill Bray rehabbing in triple A (now called up) and a 100 mph throwing lefthanded relief pitcher in Chapman soon to be up.

Hanigan is our best hitting and defensive catcher. Probably our best gamecaller too.

Volquez, if back to form, is a former Cy Young candidate.

Not sure if Dickerson will ever see the major league club again because frankly I'm fine with the way it is. But he has major league experience if one of our OFers go down. I expect him to rehab in Louisville for awhile 'til needed.

Seriously doubt we ever see Lincoln again. They probably rehab him in Louisville, hope he does well, and then package him in some deal as a throw in.

We also have minor league pitcher of the year, Travis Wood, a lefty, pitching well with an ERA of 1.62 since May 18th, waiting in the wings.

We have more soldiers on the way, and we're in first place already. The Cardinals have nothing on the way.
    I agree, I'm glad we have a good amount of talent in the pipelines. I think a healthy Dickerson is better than Stubbs at this point though to be honest.

With the pitching, we all want to talk about how much depth is there, but you look at the facts and we're 22nd in the league in ERA and everyone except Leake has underachieved. So while we're getting some help, we need really good management to figure out who will start, who goes to the pen, and so on. What do you do with Bailey? Champman? Leake? Volquez? And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    This according to Lance McAlister:

Today the Reds recalled from Class AAA Louisville LHP Bill Bray (#45) and optioned to Louisville RHP Sam LeCure.
    So...the Reds will have to add a starting pitcher........gotta be Travis Wood at some point this week.
    Wood pitched Friday night at AAA so he'd be due to go again on Wednesday.
    Reds have the Phillies Wednesday at 12:35 at GABP.
    LeCure's spot in the rotation comes up Thursday afternoon at Wrigley vs the Cubs.
    I'd bet Wood throws at home Wednesday vs Phillies rather than on the road Thursday vs Cubs.
    Why start him on the road vs a Cubs team that hammers LHP and hits much bettter at home?

Cubs 2010:
    vs LHP: .281 BA, .345 OBP, .447 SLG, .792 OPS
    vs RHP: .245 BA, .314 OBP, .376 SLG, .690 OPS
    Home: .270 BA, .336 OBP, .416 SLG, .757 OPS
    Road: .242 BA, .311 OBP, .376 SLG, .689 OPS

Phillies 2010
    vs LHP: .259 BA, .344 OBP, .409 SLG, .753 OPS
    vs RHP: .258 BA, .325 OBP, .419 SLG, .744 OPS
    Home: .261 BA, .330 OBP, .445 SLG, .755 OPS
    Road: .255 BA, .330 OPB, .388 SLG, .718 OPS

I'd bet Wood is up and Daniel Ray Herrera is down by Thursday.

Wow I wonder where Lance got that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWilly View Post
    We could really use the help when we begin the Post-All-Star season with an 11-game Road Trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    We could really use the help when we begin the Post-All-Star season with an 11-game Road Trip.
    That 11-game Road Trip precedes the All-Star Game, not comes after it.

Turn Off Ads?