Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

I always get a kick out of people being against twitter. Idiots will be idiots will be idiots. Twitter is an amazing thing that is way more good than it is bad.

As for Sam, nothing good comes from that. That is a battle he will never win.

EDIT: For the record, I wasn't calling people who are against twitter idiots. I just meant idiots will find a way to be idiots no matter what. Don't blame twitter for it.
    Last edited by reds44; 06-13-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I don't think a player wins any fans or pleases team management by flaming in Twitter.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. No shame in that. Some guys can, some guys can't. The team should have a social media and teach guys ways to deal with the crap.
    No one should have stand some of what is put on Twitter. There are some hateful, vile things said about players, coaches, etc.

Criticism is part of the job. I have a feeling, though, LeCure isn't reacting to mere criticism.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

4. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013)

Haunted by walks

In the history of player-fan interactions, it ranks below Cobb and Dibble, and even below Ted Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    No one should have stand some of what is put on Twitter. There are some hateful, vile things said about players, coaches, etc.

Criticism is part of the job. I have a feeling, though, LeCure isn't reacting to mere criticism.
    I suppose. But jeez, you going to react to everything bad in all the various social media? There is a whole lot of garbage out there. I mean, RZ is pretty tame and no Reds post here.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

While there isn't anything inherently wrong with Twitter, I do think some players are better off without it. I would think that after what 3 years in the majors?, that he would get that fans are gonna be fans.

What's ironic about this is I feel Sam is one of the "favorites" of Red's fans (at least here on RZ). Nobody's in Joey's class when it comes to escaping criticism, but Sam is certainly up there. And Sam is no Joey.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't use Twitter or know how to.

But in terms of social media, message boards, comment sections......I believe people should have to use their real names and you should be able to click on that name and get their phone number and address.

Let's see how many people are rude, obnoxious, insulting, condescending, big talkers, etc........when they can easily be found/are accessible. Violence might increase, but hey.........no more hiding behind a keyboard or mobile phone.

Call it.......THE PURGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I don't use Twitter or know how to.

But in terms of social media, message boards, comment sections......I believe people should have to use their real names and you should be able to click on that name and get their phone number and address.

Let's see how many people are rude, obnoxious, insulting, condescending, big talkers, etc........when they can easily be found/are accessible. Violence might increase, but hey.........no more hiding behind a keyboard or mobile phone.

Call it.......THE PURGE!
    I know you are kinda joking, but I think that scenario might even worse than the present one, to be honest. I mean, I know all of my info is already basically on line for folks to cull if they really want to -- but I want absolutely no part of a service that demands I readily give it up for free to every joe schmo...

I love Twitter, but never directly criticize a player's performance. That's what message boards are for. Also, just because you critique a player, doesn't mean you "hate" them. That's junior high nonsense and I'm surprised Sam would lower himself to that level. I take this as Sam letting his struggles on the mound get to him. That's not a good thing and hopefully it isn't the case here.

12. Likes:

Mutaman (06-13-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I know you are kinda joking, but I think that scenario might even worse than the present one, to be honest. I mean, I know all of my info is already basically on line for folks to cull if they really want to -- but I want absolutely no part of a service that demands I readily give it up for free to every joe schmo...
    Yeah, there some tongue and cheek in my comment.

But imagine if there was some accountability for what we all said where someone could confront you in person. Alot of people might think twice.

Always brings me back to that picture I can't post of the big, fat, naked guy behind the computer. Or that humorous Brad Paisley song "Online". Lots of pretenders and wanna-be's posting on the internet and twitter.

Yeah, there some tongue and cheek in my comment.

But imagine if there was some accountability for what we all said where someone could confront you in person. Alot of people might think twice.
    Probably true. In fact, Twitter most likely wouldn't exist if those were the rules. That is, unless I am grossly overestimating the general public's need for privacy.

Of course, there have already been so many epic fails on Twitter (Anthony Weiner says "hi") that I wonder sometimes whether people even understand quite how public their tweets are.

Always brings me back to that picture I can't post of the big, fat, naked guy behind the computer.
    Just for the record, I'm 6'3'' , have been mistaken for Brad Pitt, and always wear a suit and tie when I post.

16. Likes:

RedEye (06-13-2013)

Always brings me back to that picture I can't post of the big, fat, naked guy behind the computer
    Hey, that's not fair. I'm not naked.

He's one of my favorite Reds.

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Just for the record, I'm 6'3'' , have been mistaken for Brad Pitt, and always wear a suit and tie when I post.
    My long lost twin brother?

Turn Off Ads?