Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Re: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    One interesting tidbit being reported. A-Rod's PED of choice?

HGH, not steroids.
    Sure. HGH is tougher to detect and I'm not even sure MLB tests for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

What I find somewhat fascinating/humorous about all this stuff with ARod is that it doesn't seem that anyone is defending him. I know he's disliked by most non-Yankee fans but he doesn't really have any support from Yankees management or Yankees fans or the NY media. Everybody seems OK with throwing him under the bus.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    What I find somewhat fascinating/humorous about all this stuff with ARod is that it doesn't seem that anyone is defending him. I know he's disliked by most non-Yankee fans but he doesn't really have any support from Yankees management or Yankees fans or the NY media. Everybody seems OK with throwing him under the bus.
    I thought the same thing. Just about any punishment given would not face a great deal of opposition. No one likes the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Do you think that because...?

A.) You feel they should legally be obligated to
    B.) Because you just don't like the Yankees

IF A-Rod received the Yankee contract based off of production sustained while on PED's, then the Yankees, effectively, had bad information that they based their investment off of. While I personally cannot stand the Yankees organization, I don't feel they should be penalized for a contract that was handed out due to bogus numbers from a player that was using a banned (performance enhancing) substance.
    I don't like the Yankees. And I don't believe they can claim there wasn't an inkling that maybe something was going on. He signed the current contract in 2007 and he tested positive in what 2003 before there was a punishment? If I remember all of this correctly. Either way it was a terrible contract, and I'm sure they'd now love to be able to get past it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Ok, but Im looking at this from a big-picture standpoint. If MLB rules the Yankees do NOT have to pay A-Rod's salary, that sends a pretty big message to other players who have used or are currently using PED's. Getting caught is one thing...getting caught and not getting paid is a MUCH harsher penalty. If MLB is serious about cleaning up the sport, which they appear to be, players should not be paid their contract under ANY suspension. Braun isn't getting paid his remaining 2013 salary so why should A-Rod?
    But doesn't that reward the teams to take risks that these guys aren't going to get caught? They can just turn their head and look the other way like they are just as shocked as the average fan is. They know they can just not pay them, I read earlier in the thread someone mentioned the money from the contract not paid to the players goes to a charity, I like that idea and makes the teams pay something if someone gets caught and makes them do their due dilligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I do like that idea, a lot. As long as the players don't end up getting paid during their suspensions, I'll be happy.

I know it's an old argument, but the fact that all these players are juicing and going to get into the HOF and Pete Rose isn't just pisses me off. It's about time they're getting some heat for it.

Buck Showalter is ticked that the Yankees benefit from Alex Rodriguez suspension/expulsion. With the freed up salary room, they can again dominate the major free agent signings.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ed-2014-season
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

10. Likes:

joshua (08-01-2013)

Go Buck.

12. Likes:

joshua (08-01-2013),powersackers (08-02-2013),remdog (08-01-2013),Spitball (08-01-2013)

The only way ARod should get a lifetime suspension is if the phonies Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa receive lifetime bans from baseball, which all of them should, yet none of them should because baseball not only turned a blind eye to the steroids being taken, but encouraged the usage of steroids by not taking a stand against them.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    I know it's an old argument, but the fact that all these players are juicing and going to get into the HOF and Pete Rose isn't just pisses me off. It's about time they're getting some heat for it.
    Which known guys have gotten in? Not guys people speculate on, guys that there is actual evidence on. Guys named in the Mitchell Report, guys who have failed tests, guys who have admitted to it (prior to being voted in)?

Pete made his bed. Now he gets to lie in it.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Which known guys have gotten in? Not guys people speculate on, guys that there is actual evidence on. Guys named in the Mitchell Report, guys who have failed tests, guys who have admitted to it (prior to being voted in)?

Pete made his bed. Now he gets to lie in it.

Pete has been laying in the same bed for 20 years.....he's deserved every bit of those 20 years too.....but it's time for baseball to move on, it's time for Pete to move on, it's time for the HOF to accept him and celebrate his accomplishments and then move on......there are so many good things thst Pete could be doing right now to help younger players not make mistakes......and I am not even talking about gambling mistakes, he can help the players see that mistakes have punishments and those mistakes can take years away from your career......

For anyone, especially a reds fan, to act as if Pete is getting what he deserves still to this day is sad......even murderers get out of prison after 25 years normally....baseball is holding Pete to a higher standard and I get that, but Pete needs to be in baseball, baseball needs Pete as much as Pete needs baseball. I find it sad that people still hold a grudge against the man. You don't have to forget to forgive someone.

17. Likes:

joshua (08-03-2013),MrRedLegger (08-01-2013),remdog (08-01-2013),texasdave (08-01-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    Pete has been laying in the same bed for 20 years.....he's deserved every bit of those 20 years too.....but it's time for baseball to move on, it's time for Pete to move on, it's time for the HOF to accept him and celebrate his accomplishments and then move on......there are so many good things thst Pete could be doing right now to help younger players not make mistakes......and I am not even talking about gambling mistakes, he can help the players see that mistakes have punishments and those mistakes can take years away from your career......

For anyone, especially a reds fan, to act as if Pete is getting what he deserves still to this day is sad......even murderers get out of prison after 25 years normally....baseball is holding Pete to a higher standard and I get that, but Pete needs to be in baseball, baseball needs Pete as much as Pete needs baseball. I find it sad that people still hold a grudge against the man. You don't have to forget to forgive someone.
    Pete made his bed. His bed, as he made it and as he knew it was when he made it, was a lifetime ban.

Pete waited 17 years to open up and tell the truth, and then it was only to make a boatload of money by selling a book about it where he admitted to betting on the game as both a player and a manager. He is getting everything he deserves. If this were Paul Molitor, I doubt a single person on Redszone would say he deserves "fair treatment".

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-01-2013)

I'm against A-Rod being banned for life, as I think that's excessive. However, I do agree with Buck 100% that the Yankees should not be rewarded with cap space under the tax threshold because Rodriguez is suspended or banned. They should have to eat every penny of that as far as the tax is concerned.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-01-2013),joshua (08-03-2013),remdog (08-01-2013),Revering4Blue (08-01-2013),Slyder (08-01-2013),Spitball (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'm against A-Rod being banned for life, as I think that's excessive. However, I do agree with Buck 100% that the Yankees should not be rewarded with cap space under the tax threshold because Rodriguez is suspended or banned. They should have to eat every penny of that as far as the tax is concerned.
    I believe the lifetime ban is merely a threat to persuade Rodriguez to accept the suspension 2013-2014 suspension.

And I agree, unless Rodriguez retires, I believe the Yankees should absolutely be held to the tax through the suspension.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?