Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who to start - PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Who to start - PLAYOFFS!!!!!

I've been in the same league for 6 years now and it's been pretty competitive. I've made the playoffs every year, but I'm getting really tired of getting knocked out in the first or second round. And now freaking Frank Gore has put me in a hole for this week. Between Tiki, Addai, and Jones-Drew, who do you think I should I start at RB? I'm moving away from my usual safe picks and am ready to take some risks if it means a high score.

My gut tells me Jones-Drew and Addai. Jones-Drew is turning into an animal and they're playing Tennessee. Addai is going against the Bengals, and I'm not at all sold that they've somehow turned into a good defense. My only concern there is that it's so easy to throw against Cincy that they'll be airing it out the whole game. Tiki is going against Philly, and while he's almost guaranteed to get me 12-15 points, it's almost a guarantee that it won't be any more than that.

Thoughts?

Also, who should I start between Devery Henderson and Reche Caldwell as a 3rd receiver? Brady is starting to throw to Caldwell with regularity, but Brees is also starting to find Henderson. The Patriots are at home against Houston and the Saints are at home against Washington.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Who to start - PLAYOFFS!!!!!

MWM- You shouldn't listen to me after I benched Frank gore- though my theory did work, really- he was terrible until the weather improved enough for him to rattle off 100 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter.

Anyhoo- I would go with Tiki and Jones-Drew.

Addai is so hit and miss, would you ever forgive yourself for benching Tiki over him if Tiki goes off?

That WR is a toss-up. Brady will make you look like a fool or a genius, depending on the week, so my gut tells me to go with Henderson.

The Houston matchup is usually favorable to the running backs, not the WRs.

I know Tiki can be frustrating to own since Jacobs steals all his goal line carries, but I think he is a more sure thing than Addai is.

Jones-Drew is a stud, but he also is still splitting carries with Taylor. I'd start Jones-Drew over Addai based on the Jags playing Tennessee.

Henderson is an easy start over Caldwell imo. Brady throws to 15 different people every game. Not worth risking Caldwell will get 4 passes out of 28 completions.

My dilemma is Cedric benson or Ron Dayne as my 3rd RB to go with LT and Bush. I am leaning towards Benson since Thomas Jones is suppose to be a little banged up and they might keep his touches low while they prepare for the playoffs.

I started Jones-Drew and Barber. I hope I don't live to regret not starting Addai (I just couldn't get myself to root for him tomorrow night against the Bengals).

What really hurt is I started Vince Young and had Losman on the bench. Even bigger was I didn't start Tennessee's Defense/Special Teams.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

What really hurt is I started Vince Young
    I never play QBs versus Jacksonville. Young is so sporadic that I never know when to play him. I had a bye this week but the lieneup I turned in for kicks had him on the bench along with Minnesota's team QB.

Okay, I got extremely lucky last week in the playoffs and advanced to the final because of Vinitieri's 4th quarter FG v. the Bengals. It goes to show why FF Playoffs are such a crapshoot. The team I played had been racking up huge points w/Brees, LT and the Bears D all season. Last week Brees and the Bears had very bad weeks.

Now, going into the final, I have a huge question mark at QB:
    Rivers @ Seattle
    Cutler v. Cincinnati

or do I go the waiver route: Losman, Harrington, V. Young, Roethesberger, Campbell, Green?

I hate Rivers, but I'm leaning toward gambling that he won't have two awful games in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    or do I go the waiver route: Losman, Harrington, V. Young, Roethesberger, Campbell, Green?
    I think you should go the waiver/FA route. Is Testaverde available? or maybe Plummer? I hear they could both be surprise starters, I think you should pick one of them up. Also, maybe you should see if the Houston D is available because I hear they have Peyton's number.

Seriously, I hope it's a good final game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redny View Post
    I think you should go the waiver/FA route. Is Testaverde available? or maybe Plummer? I hear they could both be surprise starters, I think you should pick one of them up. Also, maybe you should see if the Houston D is available because I hear they have Peyton's number.

Seriously, I hope it's a good final game.

I'd be fine with either Cutler or Rivers at QB. I'd probably go with Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    I'd be fine with either Cutler or Rivers at QB. I'd probably go with Cutler.
    I'm waffling on this one. Every day I think the other one is a better choice. Although after Rivers '-3 point' performance in the semis, I'm thinking Cutler will get the nod. It might come down to the weather report (Seattle v. Denver).

This game is such a crapshoot.

I made the playoffs in both of my leagues and in the one where I have the best team, Carson Palmer's fumble cost me 2 points and I ended up losing by 1.

I'm out of that one despite winning my previous 7 in a row.

Turn Off Ads?