Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    There's a great bumper sticker I saw when I worked at NC State: "Honk if you're a Tarheel. Just moo if y'all fum State".

Of course, it's a tremendous misconception among the snobs at "Carolina", just as many Hoosiers (and I'm an IU alum) don't have a clue about what really goes on at Purdue. Engineering and Applied Sciences programs are tremendous engines for economic and industrial growth...unlike, say, Comparative Literature.

Of course, basketball is another matter entirely- it's hard to argue with the success of UNC.
    There was a picture I found on the web of a pillow saying, "It's hard to be humble when you're from NC State." I wanted to put this in the post, but couldn't get it to come in correctly.

And I disagree, I know exactly what goes on at Indiana A&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

And I disagree, I know exactly what goes on at Indiana A&T.
    LOL
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Most important game of Creans IU coaching career to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

This team is much improved; last year they would have folded at the 8:00 mark, but instead they made a very impressive run to come back and close things out.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Ok for those who doubted Crean's coaching ability: Join us. You no longer have reason to worry.

Great win. Cody Zeller is going to be better this year than I thought. I didn't expect a big game out of him tonight.

I was so happy that Olidipo punched that one hard on the break away at the end of the game rather than pull it out and run clock. I ran to the garage and did the same dunk on my son's mini goal right after that and then I told the vacuum that it can't guard me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was so happy that Olidipo punched that one hard on the break away at the end of the game rather than pull it out and run clock. I ran to the garage and did the same dunk on my son's mini goal right after that and then I told the vacuum that it can't guard me.

Nice win today. Maybe we will get a few votes.

They deserve some. IU has a good team.

I hope they can hang with KU Saturday.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I hope they can hang with KU Saturday.
    You mean UK?

I expect a good game from IU. This will be the first true road for Kentucky and we will see how they handle that. BTW it's good to see IU climbing back on the map. College basketball can always use a program with good tradition like IU.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    You mean UK?

I expect a good game from IU. This will be the first true road for Kentucky and we will see how they handle that. BTW it's good to see IU climbing back on the map. College basketball can always use a program with good tradition like IU.
    We're not there yet. We'll be there when it's no longer a moral victory to hang with UK. Especially when we're playing at home. Sadly, I think it will be a moral victory or bust on Saturday.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

23 votes in the coaches poll. 4 in the ap poll.

I think IU might beat Kentucky Saturday.

It has sure been fun having a game that everyone is getting this amped up for. Reading the tweets from people warning not to sell tix to people from a Ky zip code, to the one's from Coach Cal instructing his fans how to get past such "tight" security.

From a pure matchup standpoint, there aren't a lot of places I feel comfortable saying the Hoosiers are at an advantage.
    One thing I think we'll have to see is if Cody Zeller truly has a good 10-15 foot range. If he can draw Davis away from the basket, it will open things up for guys like Watford.

I was in the Assembly Hall the only time IU has defeated a Number 1 team and it was an experience I'll never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/TgYXNh8HGOY

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I think IU might beat Kentucky Saturday.
    If IU can hit a crazy percentage from the threes and Zeller stays out of foul trouble they have a real shot. But if they don't do both of those things they probably won't win.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?