Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message sent last night

Message sent last night

While there were a lot of things we as Reds fans have to be excited about after last night's game (Latos performance & offense), one thing I'm excited about and I think is getting overlooked is Lecure throwing behind Buster Posey.

I know that SF wasn't trying to throw at Joey, but this is a team/pitching staff in the past that hasn't stood up for our guys. I'm so excited that a message was finally sent to other teams, that you aren't going to screw with our players (especially Joey) without payback. It shows team unity, it shows that our pitchers have some balls and nastyness to them. Kudos Sam Lecure, well done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Message sent last night

I don't think he pitch to Votto was intentional...Otero was shaking out on the mound and getting absolutely rocked. I felt sorry for the kid.

But I think Sam 100% knew what he was doing. Whether or not it was because Dusty or Price told him to or if he was just pissed they hit Joey, I don't know.

I happen to feel like it was a little bit chicken droppings. They didn't throw at Votto on purpose and IMO you should never throw behind a batter. I wonder if San Francisco thinks everything is fair and square now. I guess we will find out if Votto or Phillips or Bruce gets plunked early. If you think they hit Votto on purpose then fine. I do not believe that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I happen to feel like it was a little bit chicken droppings. They didn't throw at Votto on purpose and IMO you should never throw behind a batter. I wonder if San Francisco thinks everything is fair and square now. I guess we will find out if Votto or Phillips or Bruce gets plunked early. If you think they hit Votto on purpose then fine. I do not believe that was the case.
    Yeah. Otero was all over the place. Kid was completely lost out there.

And the message sent was that Dusty doesn't know the difference!

I don't think Votto was hit intentionally but I still like what LeCure did. It sends the right message to our opponents. PS This team needs to discover a little bit of a nasty streak and use it.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    And the message sent was that Dusty doesn't know the difference!
    What's this got to do with Dusty. If Lecure threw at Posey on purpose it probly didn't come from Dusty. I imagine it was Lecure sticking up for his team mate, they even said so on the broadcast last nite.

Another good message sent goes to baker for getting in Harris' ear after failing to go first to third.

I don't think they purposely threw at Votto, but I like the message being sent that this team is going to look out for him. Hit our star and we'll hit yours, the ball wasn't thrown high or anything so it's all good imo. Stubbs also went hard into 2nd in a 9-0 game and rose up on their SS to try and break up a throw...I'm assuming the SF dugout didn't like that one too much either.

Either way, I like it.

You don't think Dusty called the plunking? You aren't suppose to serve up a tater after trying to plunk a guy, either!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    You don't think Dusty called the plunking? You aren't suppose to serve up a tater after trying to plunk a guy, either!
    Wasn't really a tater. Posey went downlow to get that one and golfed it out. It was a nice piece of hitting by posey.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought they hit Votto intentionally. And from Joey's reaction, I think he felt that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought they hit Votto intentionally. And from Joey's reaction, I think he felt that way too.
    Why would they put another base runner on in a close game? At the time it was still just 3-0 and Votto had Kd twice earlier in the game. Hit Joey at that time on purpose serves what end?

I have to disagree.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I don't think they purposely threw at Votto, but I like the message being sent that this team is going to look out for him. Hit our star and we'll hit yours, the ball wasn't thrown high or anything so it's all good imo. Stubbs also went hard into 2nd in a 9-0 game and rose up on their SS to try and break up a throw...I'm assuming the SF dugout didn't like that one too much either.

Either way, I like it.
    It is not like the league has been head-hunting Votto. He rarely gets HBP. Four times all last year, and not once did a Reds' pitcher send a message back to the other team. Joey got hit 3 times in a two-week period and no retaliatory messages were sent. Maybe that was LeCure's decision to do that on his own last night. Maybe it was Baker's. In either case it was bush league. I am not a big fan of throwing baseballs at 90 MPH to send messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Hoss View Post
    Wasn't really a tater. Posey went downlow to get that one and golfed it out. It was a nice piece of hitting by posey.
    Big time piece of hitting by a big time hitter.

Turn Off Ads?