Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

This time about the Game start time:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...9bb30f31a.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Holliday, Berkman and several teammates loudly objected to mid-afternoon start times last season. The club responded by moving all afternoon games to no later than 1:05 p.m. However, rightsholders Fox and TBS control the postseason alignment.

"It’s a shame is what it is," Holliday said. "You play all year, get these opportunities, and this is the game. You play all year at 1:00 and 7:00, then you get to the most important part of the year and you’re playing at weird times."

Wow, That is a seriously pathetic thing to cry about.

Next thing they are crying about will be that the baseball is to round...

Good for Craig:

"I didn’t feel helpless at the plate. There are no excuses," said first baseman Allen Craig. "I don’t want to make it about the shadows, really. They had to hit in the shadows, too. They’ll tell you it makes it tougher. We’ll tell you the same thing."

This is a legitimate gripe. Every year the Cards make it to the post season, they're put at a middle afternoon start time to appease the TV folks. There's no crying, they just would like the game to not be impacted by the shadows.

I guarantee if the Reds were playing midday start times, they'd have something to say about the shadows.

Hey look at this...the Nationals hitters were talking about it too...are they complainers now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...gh-on-hitters/

And the shaddows had absolutely NO impact on the outcome of the game

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    This is a legitimate gripe. Every year the Cards make it to the post season, they're put at a middle afternoon start time to appease the TV folks. There's no crying, they just would like the game to not be impacted by the shadows.

I guarantee if the Reds were playing midday start times, they'd have something to say about the shadows.

Hey look at this...the Nationals hitters were talking about it too...are they complainers now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...gh-on-hitters/
    Of course. You guys just have a longer history of it. Now please, stop whining. . . .again.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    And the shaddows had absolutely NO impact on the outcome of the game

If you notice, the Cardinals are not saying this was the reason they lost. A lot of MLB players gripe about the shadows at various stadiums, but when the Cardinals do it, they're whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Of course. You guys just have a longer history of it. Now please, stop whining. . . .again.
    It's a yearly complaint by many players, not just the Cardinals. As stated before, if you weren't playing the Giants, you'd have the midday start time and i'd bet the reporters would asking your team about the shadows and i'd be willing to bet someone would have something to say.

Just think what would have happened if smoke from the fireworks mixed with the shadows .....

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    It's a yearly complaint by many players, not just the Cardinals. As stated before, if you weren't playing the Giants, you'd have the midday start time and i'd bet the reporters would asking your team about the shadows and i'd be willing to bet someone would have something to say.
    Why are you even on a Reds chat room defending the Cardinals??
    Can't you discuss them on your own site??

No one likes the shadows but it's just something you have to deal with why even bring it up??? Why, because you're whiners...I bet right now Chris Carpenter is whining to his son....Please...'go away'.."you have no power here"...
    "quick before I drop a house on you"

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Why are you even on a Reds chat room defending the Cardinals??
    Can't you discuss them on your own site??

No one likes the shadows but it's just something you have to deal with why even bring it up??? Why, because you're whiners...I bet right now Chris Carpenter is whining to his son....Please...'go away'.."you have no power here"...
    "quick before I drop a house on you"
    I've been coming here since 2010, why? Because i like it. So as for "going away". Don't think I will.

By the way, aren't you the one that was going to go crying to a moderator because someone else was being negative toward the reds?
    Last edited by cw0802; 10-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

It's really unfair that the Crads had to deal with the shadows and the Nats didn't.

How is Carpenter going to explain this to his sun?

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    How is Carpenter going to explain this to his sun?

Turn Off Ads?