Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mesoraco heating up at Dayton

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Mesoraco heating up at Dayton

I figured he would go to Billings as soon as their season began. However, Mesoraco is showing serious signs of life at Dayton. Maybe he will end up staying with the Dragons if he keeps it up. He's batting .260 with 2 HRs in over 50 ABs:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=519023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mesoraco heating up at Dayton

During his 8 game hit streak he is hitting .367
    Who knows how fast WJ wants to move guys but if he keeps this up he could get himself a promotion to high A with consideration, if he does well enough at Sarasota starting next year at AA, which would be amazing. He would have to continue at a pace like he is now but it is possible
    Last edited by redhawk61; 05-27-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    During his 8 game hit streak he is hitting .379
    Who knows how fast WJ wants to move guys but if he keeps this up he could get himself a promotion to high A with consideration, if he does well enough at Sarasota starting next year at AA, which would be amazing. He would have to continue at a pace like he is now but it is possible
    There are many factors other than offense. Namely, defense...

his defense is said to be very very sound

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

his defense is said to be very very sound
    He certainly has his issues to work out defensively. He has the tools and athleticism to work those issues out, no question.... but he does have quite a bit to work on defensively still.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    There are many factors other than offense. Namely, defense...
    He has thrown out only 1 of 16 baserunners on the season. He will need to improve in that respect.

His defense has been pretty rough, as Doug noted. That kind of surprised me since he was supposed to be good defensively but that may just have been scouts parlance for he has the tools to be very good, not so much that a HS kid was actually there already.

Hey doug what kind of numbers has he been putting up as far as like LD% and BABIP I don't know where to look for those numbers that you get.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    His defense has been pretty rough, as Doug noted. That kind of surprised me since he was supposed to be good defensively but that may just have been scouts parlance for he has the tools to be very good, not so much that a HS kid was actually there already.
    They should get JB to work with him some like Soto has helped out Cueto and E-Vol

Hey doug what kind of numbers has he been putting up as far as like LD% and BABIP I don't know where to look for those numbers that you get.
    You can find BABIP at FanGraphs.com. Mesoraco's BABIP was.264 last year, and .345 so far this year. I am not sure where you find LD%: Doug will have to get you that one.

All right, you can also find LD% at hardballtimes.com(not sure if that is correct), but I think it only tracks LD% for major league players.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 05-27-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I figured he would go to Billings as soon as their season began. However, Mesoraco is showing serious signs of life at Dayton. Maybe he will end up staying with the Dragons if he keeps it up. He's batting .260 with 2 HRs in over 50 ABs:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=519023
    I'm not sure that constitutes heating up, but it's an improvement, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm not sure that constitutes heating up, but it's an improvement, no less.
    Well, since he was hiting about .100 after his first few games that is heating up - a current 8 game hit streak acounts for most of that production

Mesoraco has a 13% LD rate according to Firstinning.com. As for him heating up, he absolutely is. He has played 15 games. The first 7 were pretty bad, with 0 XBH. The last 8 have resulted in big time production.

I think "heating up" is a bit extreme. But, we can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I think "heating up" is a bit extreme. But, we can agree to disagree.
    So hitting .367/.441/.700 over his last 8 games after hitting .136/.208/.136 in his first 7 games isn't heating up?

Turn Off Ads?