Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 5/30/12 Reds @ Pirates, it's the Summer of George

Re: 5/30/12 Reds @ Pirates, it's the Summer of George

We're bad again, but hey, still in first place and still several games over .500. Go win the next series.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

The Reds basically punted two games in this series but at least the guys got some rest.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

I hate losing a series to the Pirates. Hate it. Had a chance in the end. Now, can't punt against the Stros.

Punt.

The offense Only managed 4 hits. You cannot win like that. We've got great pitching, buts a disservice to our great pitching to only get four hits no matter how good the opposition is. Now the Pirates are only 3 back of us and with their pitching, anything can happen. Disgusting. To me at least.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Tuesday's lineup was crap.

Tonight's was stupid.

Last night the A team beat the snot out of these guys.

Oh, well. Rest up for the weekend!

This one stings. I understand giving a guy like Votto a day off, but when you've already got the next day off? Mmmkay. Add that with Monday's punt and Dusty's left me with a bad taste in my mouth this week. Ugh.

At least The Cards lost!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Until the Reds learn to live with one less pitcher, swap fodder like Cairo and Valdez for real hitters who can field and find a banger for left, this will be what it's like all year. We will win our share, but not when the manager makes boneheaded moves like resting the hitting star and replacing him with a rookie with 12 AB in the majors and refusing to put your best OBP guys at the top of the lineup, this club will never do much in the post season if they get there.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Tuesday's lineup was crap.

Tonight's was stupid.

Last night the A team beat the snot out of these guys.

Oh, well. Rest up for the weekend!
    Monday's lineup. My bad. I don't even know what day it is lol.

Dusty took a shot at either his team or Walt in the post game - "you get tired of tipping your hat" in reference to the game pitched against the Reds tonight. While I agree with you that your offense has many miscast parts, you have a little hand in that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Dusty took a shot at either his team or Walt in the post game - "you get tired of tipping your hat" in reference to the game pitched against the Reds tonight. While I agree with you that your offense has many miscast parts, you have a little hand in that as well.
    Heard that. Dusty has his faults, but you have to shake your head when you look down the bench and see Cairo, Valdez, Constanzo, and Meseraco, and you know you can't use Mes. In the meantime, you've got pitchers throwing great, but too many of them. Do we really need six relievers? If so, what are we going to do when Bray and Masset come back. How do you demote 0.69, 1.74, 2.38, and 2.53 ERA's (Hoover, Simon, Arrendondo, and Ondrusek) and replace them with those two?

There are no good answers and it falls on both Walt and Dusty.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

I read where Votto agreed to take the day off.....so he is never allowed a day off ....and no matter what day it was, some people on here were really over the top in their comments.

I guess unless Votto himself got in your face and told you he asked for the day off.....in no uncertain terms...I guess you are not going to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    I'm sure it was a shot at his team. We all know that Votto didn't play tonight, but, frankly, this team should be good enough to beat also-rans like the Pirates with regulars at every position besides first. If they can't win games with Joey out or Cozart out, can they really win this division? What happens if Joey goes on the DL? Do we become the Cubs? It sure looks like it, at least from an offensive standpoint.

This offense is sickly and it's not getting any better. Unbelievably Brook Jacoby still has a job because every now and then they'll bust out like they did Tuesday in Pittsburgh or Saturday vs. the Rockies. Walt better make a move sooner rather than later. This team can't afford to wait until July 31 at 3 p.m. to make a move for a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I read where Votto agreed to take the day off.....so he is never allowed a day off ....and no matter what day it was, some people on here were really over the top in their comments.

I guess unless Votto himself got in your face and told you he asked for the day off.....in no uncertain terms...I guess you are not going to believe it.
    Everyone needs a day off. I think most people had problems with when it was and who replaced him, which is more the fault of the GM than Dusty.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Everyone needs a day off. I think most people had problems with when it was and who replaced him, which is more the fault of the GM than Dusty.
    I think it is mind numbing how bad Walt handled building a bench.....or any AAA depth at all. It's like having a bunch of Darrell Chaney's and Ed Crosby's on your bench

Turn Off Ads?