Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any chance we go after ARod?

Any chance we go after ARod?

Just thinking about it...Wish we could try and go after him..Can't even imagine the stats he would put up..What do you guys think? Do we got any chance at all in getting him to come to Cincy?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any chance we go after ARod?

No. It would be safe to say A-Rod will get a contract of 7-10 years at about $35 million a year. We could pay for an entire starting rotation with that money.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 10-24-2007 at 10:50 PM.

No. One Seattle retread that doesn't know how to win is plenty, thank you.

A-Rod's life long dream is to play in front of the good people of Hamilton County.

If A-Rod can pitch out of the bullpen or can go 200+ innings this year, sign him.

If we dont sign Dunn or trade Griffey we would have the money to do it. Of course we wouldnt have much left over for anything else unless we raised payroll but none the less we have the money to do it.

I would think that we could keep Dunn and get a #1 starter for what A-Rod would cost. If the Reds are going to spend a lot of money, it needs to be on pitching.

Everyone keeps saying that we should spend that money on pitching but... what good FA pitchers are out there? Lets get A-Rod and then deal some of our excess position players for pitching...

Prove to him the cost of living in Cincinnati is about 1/10th of what it is in California, Chicago, Atlanta, New York and about anywhere else, and then offer him $20 million per year......hehehe.

What are you smoking?His contract right now is more than three team's combined.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Reds' fans should know better than any others that future success is never guaranteed. Exhibit A is Ken Griffey Jr. Almost every Reds' fan was ecstatic with the news of Griffey trade, and praised Bowden for getting him and at a "hometown discount." Fast forward three years and the Reds' have been weighed down by Griffey's ~14 per year. Imagine what would happen to the Reds if ARod and his 35 million dollar salary went on the DL for a significant portion of time, I pass.

Bring me Joe Nathan or the Yankee battery of Posada and Rivera. I want a closer and if I can get a catcher with it, I'm a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    No. One Seattle retread that doesn't know how to win is plenty, thank you.
    Yeah thats nice. Junior doesnt know how to win? How many guys could win with this group of Opening Day starters
    Pete Harnisch
    Joey Hamilton
    Jimmy Haynes
    Cory Lidle
    Paul Wilson
    Aaron Harang

I know its easy to go after the guys who make money but you cant blame Junior for being surrounded by nothing.

One thing I have been wondering is who does he think is going to pay him more than the Yankees? He is with the Yankees in large part because the Rangers are still paying part of the original contract. If he declines the option and goes into free agency, I am not sure if anyone will pay him more than the 25 million he is being paid now from the Rangers/Yankees. Alex Rodriguez may very well find out that he might get a pay cut if he enters free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    One thing I have been wondering is who does he think is going to pay him more than the Yankees? He is with the Yankees in large part because the Rangers are still paying part of the original contract. If he declines the option and goes into free agency, I am not sure if anyone will pay him more than the 25 million he is being paid now from the Rangers/Yankees. Alex Rodriguez may very well find out that he might get a pay cut if he enters free agency.
    I agree on the money part - no one will pay him more - but will he want to stay in NYC if the Yanks go through a rebuilding?

Granted, a Yankee rebuilding a little different than most.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Should we go after him -- no. But I think the team may at least inquire about contract requirements with A-Rod to see if a contract could be worked out.

Turn Off Ads?