Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Buster Olney says scouts are raving about Mike Leake

Re: Buster Olney says scouts are raving about Mike Leake

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So we can never say someone screwed up or hold them accountable? What world do you live in?
    So what do you want to do to him, Doug? Prison time? Perpetual ridicule? Cut his hand off? Pull out his fingernails? Sheesh. So righteous and sanctimonious. Hope you never make a mistake.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    So what do you want to do to him, Doug? Prison time? Perpetual ridicule? Cut his hand off? Pull out his fingernails? Sheesh. So righteous and sanctimonious. Hope you never make a mistake.
    I don't want to do anything with him. I have said already that I am over it. I haven't brought it up on it's own since it happened because it isn't a huge deal to me. I just don't want to see people excusing his poor behavior, especially just because he "didn't want to wait for an employee". I don't get where you think I want to punish him for his actions at all, much less do something crazy like send him to prison or even taunt him about it. I simply don't want people to make excuses for his behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    So, Leake "knows" how to pitch, he just can't execute?

the very definition of damning someone with faint praise. I know what i want to do with my money...i just get distracted at Best Buy.

As for people changing their minds... again I point to Price who has yet to weigh in on this decision.
    Plenty of instances of players who do not have "blow them away" stuff that have harnessed what they have, learned how to pitch and developed into very good to great pitchers. Not saying it will happen with Leake, but certainly not out of the question at his age.

So we can never say someone screwed up or hold them accountable?
    Sure one can. But is there a time frame, a kind of "statute of limitations" on accountability depending on the level of severity of the incident?

If there ain't then I'm screwed, because I did a lot of stupid, immature stuff when I was younger.

So have my kids (now grown), and they got punished for it. But I don't continually hold it over their heads. You move on.

Other then this incident, what other behavior has Leake demonstrated that should cause anyone to question him, or call him a head-case?

So lets move on. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-26-2013)

Mike Leake = Justin Germano very similar rate stats, similar stuff. The difference is 1 was a first rd. pick.

Seriously, a 1st round pick. And his ceiling seems to be #4 starter at best. I 'd rather see Sam LeCure pitch over Leake any day of the week.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

So, Leake "knows" how to pitch, he just can't execute?

the very definition of damning someone with faint praise. I know what i want to do with my money...i just get distracted at Best Buy.

As for people changing their minds... again I point to Price who has yet to weigh in on this decision.
    Leake knows how to pitch but is inconsistent.

As far as damning with faint praise, yeah, he doesn't have great stuff so it would be foolish to claim otherwise. But he has decent stuff and room for improvement.

Cut off his arms and legs?

10. Likes:

757690 (03-27-2013)

I don't want to do anything with him. I have said already that I am over it. I haven't brought it up on it's own since it happened because it isn't a huge deal to me. I just don't want to see people excusing his poor behavior, especially just because he "didn't want to wait for an employee". I don't get where you think I want to punish him for his actions at all, much less do something crazy like send him to prison or even taunt him about it. I simply don't want people to make excuses for his behavior.
    But you just did and keep coming back and bringing it up. With all due respect, that action doesn't sound to me like someone that is really over it.

Mike Leake = Justin Germano very similar rate stats, similar stuff. The difference is 1 was a first rd. pick. .
    And 420 innings and 65 games started and 5 years in age.. otherwise they are the same guy

Chapman has a few speeding tickets and got involved with a stripper.

He's been HAMMERED for that.

Go back and read the Chapman/Bullpen thread.

He's too immature to be a starter,
    He won't be able to handle the stress (however, he can handle the stress of being a closer?)
    on and on...

But call the same thing on Leake and the statute of limitations is up.

Seems a little odd to me.

But whatever.

But you just did and keep coming back and bringing it up. With all due respect, that action doesn't sound to me like someone that is really over it.
    No, I am responding to the silly statements you seem to be making that are in no way what I am attempting to say.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Other then this incident, what other behavior has Leake demonstrated that should cause anyone to question him, or call him a head-case?
    Dude hangs out with Bronson.

That right there is a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Sure one can. But is there a time frame, a kind of "statute of limitations" on accountability depending on the level of severity of the incident?

If there ain't then I'm screwed, because I did a lot of stupid, immature stuff when I was younger.

So have my kids (now grown), and they got punished for it. But I don't continually hold it over their heads. You move on.

So lets move on. LOL
    Again, I didn't bring it up. I simply called out someone else for trying to make excuses for it. Then I was called out for telling someone they shouldn't make excuses for poor behavior, wanting to send him to prison, cut his hands off and all other kinds of absolutely ridiculous things. I also never said he was a head case, that anything involving what he did with the tshirts had anything to do with what is going on when he toes the rubber. I simply said that people shouldn't make excuses for poor behavior. Then had to defend a whole bunch of things that people thought I meant by saying that.

Mike Leake = Justin Germano very similar rate stats, similar stuff. The difference is 1 was a first rd. pick.
    The difference is one has a career ERA a run lower than the other and has posted three consecutive seasons within spitting distance of league average. And he did all that while learning on-the-job in the major leagues without the benefit of a minor league career.

18. Likes:

REDREAD (03-26-2013),Revering4Blue (03-26-2013)

How about we post our opinions and move on? Way too much attacking other people's opinions or their right to have one.

Turn Off Ads?