Thread: What's more embarassing?

What's more embarassing?

A). Cubs fans chanting: "Lets go Cubbies in GABP."

or

B). Reds fans booing the Cubs fans for doing that

Gotta go with B.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What's more embarassing?

I think the Reds fans that were there have the right to do it-not saying I agree with it, but they are at least there. The embrrasing part is we cant fill the stadium with our own fans, so more embarrased of our fans that werent there in general...
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

If you don't like the Cubs fans coming to Cincy, you can stop it by going to the games They can afford to drive there, why can't you?
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I think the Reds fans that were there have the right to do it-not saying I agree with it, but they are at least there. The embrrasing part is we cant fill the stadium with our own fans, so more embarrased of our fans that werent there in general...
    I just think it's funny that all Reds fans do is boo and the only time they start chants is after Cubs fans do.

It's even more embarassing when we can't be louder than the visiting road team's fans.

It's kinda like when the most intelligent piece of information coming from a fans' mouth is "You suck!" or "You're a bum!"

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    A). Cubs fans chanting: "Lets go Cubbies in GABP."

or

B). Reds fans booing the Cubs fans for doing that

Gotta go with B.
    Hearing Lets go Cubbies is disgusting enough but when it is in GABP it is even worse. I went saturday and Reds fans were pretty vocal, but a good 15,000 were cubs fans which made a lot of noise.

I think its more embarrasing that the only time cubs fans pay attention is when they hear someone start that chant.

A is worse but happens regardless because opposing teams fans will always find tickets.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Cubs fans suck. I agree that the most embarassing part of all is that we even find ourselves in the situation where out of town fans almost equal us in number at our own stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    If you don't like the Cubs fans coming to Cincy, you can stop it by going to the games They can afford to drive there, why can't you?
    I dont live in Cincy, Ohio, or even the midwest US. AS to the why cant I afford it, well, every response I have for you would get me banned or more bad points on RedsZone, so will keep it to myself.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I was there, and also started booing, but only to drown out the chants from the cubs so you couldn't hear it in the stadium. Cubs fans completely took over the stadium this weekend, and were completely annoying to sit around.

I'd definitely say A is more embarassing, especially since I participated in B, lol. It annoys me that they can completely take over our stadium and make it sound like the game is at Wrigley or something. We live a couple hours from the stadium, and stay in hotels, I can't figure out why people who live in the city don't fill the stadium.

I was at Saturday night's game in a section of mostly Cubs fans because we bought the tickets from a scalper I guess.

2 guys almost got into a fight. Both Reds fans.

If I had to make a guess that night it looked like about half Cubs half Reds fans although I'm sure it is not that bad.

I would hope the Banks project brings more people downtown. The attendance problem has a lot to do with not having much to do around the ballpark to attract people down there. Newport and Extra Innings, that's about it as it stands now.

I kept waiting to see the classless Cubs fans as individuals but I never saw it. Worst thing I can say is I find it to be rude to chant your team's name in another team's stadium but I can't fault them for that because we let them get away with it.

1. "Here we go Redlegs!" at Wrigley Field = Probable beer dumped down your back anonymously from behind.

2. "Here we go Cubbies!" at GAB = "Darn those darn Cubbies fans."

Cubs fans are annoying like Steelers fans are annoying but it would be nice to have their numbers. I would put this in the "winning cures all" category.
    Last edited by Fon Duc Tow; 06-08-2009 at 02:13 PM.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the reds do not have a chant that every fan knows. "lets go redlegs" is not very catchy and younger fans feel goofy chanting a name that they do not understand. I was the leader of my student section in high school, so hearing those "explicit word here" cubs fans get that chant going in GABP is as frustrating as can be. I see it as a lack of unity among reds nation rather than a lack of fans. We need a "Neutron Man" (from OSU football games....RIP) or a guy in left beating the drum (like the indians do at there park) to get people in unicin and actually get people off there seats in big spots . Instead we have a Reds Rally pack and more mascots than a superhero convention. oh and don't forget about the guy who plays that damn "make some noise make noise" song every time they need a lift.....but it never works. I would do it for free if I could be there all the time, but I live three hours away and I am still in college.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post

1. "Here we go Redlegs!" at Wrigley Field = Probable beer dumped down your back anonymously from behind.

2. "Here we go Cubbies!" at GAB = "Darn those darn Cubbies fans."

Cubs fans are annoying like Steelers fans are annoying but it would be nice to have their numbers. I would put this in the "winning cures all" category.
    Couldnt agree more. I was at the Saturday night Indians game a couple weeks ago and walked by a section with two of the most drunken abnoxious Indians fans standing constantly and yelling obscenities. They were waay out of line and not one Reds fan said boo to them. I was happy to be in another section. I also remember being in the bathroom after a Steelers game (Bengals loss of course) two years ago and some rowdy Steelers fan came in talking smack to everyone within earshot. Again, no one said a word. It was one Steeler fan and like 2 dozen Bengal fans. I was guilty in that case, too unfortunately.

I guess what Im saying is that, as bad as it may sound, I think a lot of the out of town heckling and overt cheering would subside quickly if Cincy fans showed a little spirit and fought back.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'd definitely say A is more embarassing, especially since I participated in B, lol. It annoys me that they can completely take over our stadium and make it sound like the game is at Wrigley or something. We live a couple hours from the stadium, and stay in hotels, I can't figure out why people who live in the city don't fill the stadium.
    I feel the same way. They are the rudest group of visiting fans I've ever been around. Two years ago right after they clinched the division, the Cubs were in Cincinnati, and again, so were a ton of their fans. Their fans booed the Reds when they took the field. They booed the Reds in their own stadium!!! Not to mention the fact that the eintire group I was around were wasted at noon for a Sunday game, dropping the F-bomb constantly while there were a number of kids around. Then, of course, there was the stupid "Let's go, Cubbies" chant that they did eight million times, AND they started singing some lame Cubs song after the game. One of the Reds hit a home run and they booed him. The list could go on, but I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise so I'll stop.

I was at the game on Saturday, but before I went, I stopped at the bar because I knew what I was about to face. I knew I would need liquor to survive the experience. It's a good thing I did too, because when we got to our seats, we were surrounded by a sea of blue. Needless to say, we met up with a friend from college and spent most of the game on the patio at the Machine Room. We ended up going back to our seats for the last few innings, and when the Reds looked like they might score in the bottom of the 9th, of course we were excited and stood up (which I consider showing support for your favorite team. We weren't trying to be rude). Apparently the people behind us didn't like that because in the top of the 10th when it looked like the Cubs might score, they made comments such as, "Uh oh, we might score. If we were Reds fans we'd stand up now, but every baseball fan knows that's not what you do..." and stupid stuff like that. My friend called them a lovely name, which they heard and repeated, and that was it. I took great pleasure at the end of the game telling them to drive home safely. Mature? No. Did it make me feel better? You bet'cha.
    Last edited by scounts22; 06-08-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Put this in rotation at the stadium for the next Scrubs series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKraecWnTs
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?