Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball League

Re: Fantasy Baseball League

Vada Pinson Fan please PM mlbfan30 if you're interested

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd like to join too..................would prefer a dynasty format if you guys are interested (keep your entire team each year and have a 1 round FA/Rookie/Import draft at the beginning of each year)

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Vada Pinson Fan please PM mlbfan30 if you're interested
    BC- I did PM mlbfan30 with my intentions to join. Now I'll be waiting for his/her reply. Thank you for pointing that out to me BC.

RedBlooded wrote: I'd like to join too..................would prefer a dynasty format if you guys are interested (keep your entire team each year and have a 1 round FA/Rookie/Import draft at the beginning of each year)

I'm against the entire team being protected. That leads to guys dropping out with hopeless teams. OBTW- Our ten team league worked great. Better than the 12 team, I thought. We drafted in the S-curve style.

Best Wishes,
    Jerry/Vada Pinson Fan

from my experience, 12 teams work better for normal roster spots. 10 is too shallow and the talent pool is too strong...

We can always have a group vote on some of this stuff once we hit a designated number of people. Say we get ten guys we can vote on if we want two more teams. Then we can vote on 5x5, draft style, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    We can always have a group vote on some of this stuff once we hit a designated number of people. Say we get ten guys we can vote on if we want two more teams. Then we can vote on 5x5, draft style, etc etc.
    Absolutely, Stephen. What ever the majority would want would be fine with me.

BC- You're right the talent pool is deep and therefore making things very equal for all. You really have to manage your team well with great overall talent spread so evenly between all ten teams, thus keeping it interesting throughout the season. Just my opinion though. I have played with 12 teams as well and if that's the way the league wants it; that's OK.

Sorry if I'm putting the horse before the cart, because in fact I haven't been asked to join with you guys so far. No word yet from mlbfan30.

I just made this trade in my other league, what do you guys think?

10 team keeper league (4 keepers)

I traded:
    Felix Hernandez and my first round pick (#1 overall)

I Get:
    David Ortiz, Victor Martinez, first round pick (#9 overall) and a second round pick (#12 overall)

I traded:

I Get:
    David Ortiz, Victor Martinez, first round pick (#9 overall) and a second round pick (#12 overall)
    IS THERE A CATCH!?

That's what I asked when he "threw in" David Ortiz. Victor Martinez was very expendable for him since he already has A-Rod, Hanley, and Utley as his other keepers. He essentially traded Ortiz and two picks for Felix and my 1rst Rounder. Still seemed like a high price to pay? This guys is pretty good at fantasy too, I keep wondering if Ortiz broke his legs or something and he's the only one who knows about it.

That's what I asked when he "threw in" David Ortiz. Victor Martinez was very expendable for him since he already has A-Rod, Hanley, and Utley as his other keepers. He essentially traded Ortiz and two picks for Felix and my 1rst Rounder. Still seemed like a high price to pay? This guys is pretty good at fantasy too, I keep wondering if Ortiz broke his legs or something and he's the only one who knows about it.
    On a side note- I like Ortiz's AVG to come down this year but for many of his doubles to turn into HR's...

I traded:

I Get:

You get a nice little haul Stephen. You still get great quality at #9 versus losing your #1 overall plus your #12 overall in the 2nd round should give you someone that may have dropped from your 1st round but availlable at 12,not to mention getting Ortiz and V.Martinez. Overall, I'd make that trade too!

Man, I can't wait!
    Best Wishes,
    Jerry

We should probably get going on this. Do we even have 10 guys? PM me and I'll do it if I have to.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I traded:

I Get:
    Trade got vetoed because everyone thought the other guy was getting a "fifth Keeper" since he was guaranteed him pre draft.

BUT

I did work this one

Ortiz, Victor Martinez and Lance Berkman, and his 3rd round pick

for Felix Hernandez and my first round pick.

The catch is I have to trade Felix post draft for that 3rd round pick (who i choose). If I decide to keep Felix instead he gets Ortiz back in exchange for his fourth keeper (Granderson).

complicated, but it works. I know no one cares, but I just have to gloat to someone
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

We should probably get going on this. Do we even have 10 guys? PM me and I'll do it if I have to.
    I'm still interested. PM sent.

I am interested as well. Who am I supposed to PM?

I am a very experienced player, having played in Yahoo leagues for 10 years or so. Unfortunately I don't have any friends that play rotisserie baseball so I have only been able to play with strangers on the Internet. I would love a chance to participate in a keeper/dynasty league with some fellow Redszoners.

I was fortunate enough to win both of my 12-team leagues last season and am feeling a little cocky. Maybe you guys can knock me down a notch?

Turn Off Ads?