Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Travieso promoted to Dayton

Re: Nick Travieso promoted to Dayton

I'll opine. 6IP 3H 1R 1ER 2B 8K.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is there scalpers at Dragons games? I'd like to go tonight, but I'm sure they sold out for the ten thousandth time and I didn't see anything on stubhub.

...and 5IP 2ER 6K 4H 1BB

My prediction for Lake County: pain.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

dougdirt (06-03-2013),Old school 1983 (06-04-2013),texasdave (06-03-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Is there scalpers at Dragons games? I'd like to go tonight, but I'm sure they sold out for the ten thousandth time and I didn't see anything on stubhub.

...and 5IP 2ER 6K 4H 1BB
    No there aren't, but dd you try their website or ticket office? They sell out all kinds of games, but there are usually single tickets available throughout the seated areas and almost always have lawn "seats" available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Lots and Lots of pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nick 'The Knife' Travieso. I like it.

9. Likes:

bellhead (06-05-2013)

he looked like he was very nervous the other day, he did hit 97mph 3 or 4 times

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Nick 'The Knife' Travieso. I like it.
    I'm all for referring to them by nicknames ala Brazil does it's soccer players. It gives us a little something.

Tony Cingrani ala "Phat Tony due to his strike outs..."
    Sharky Rogers ?????
    Robert Stephenson ????

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...he-2012-draft/

Cincinnati Reds
    Righthander Nick Travieso has been put on a similar path as 2011 first-rounder Robert Stephenson. Travieso spent the first two months in extended spring training before joining low Class A Dayton in early June. In his first start, he showed a 91-94 mph fastball that touched 97 and an inconsistent breaking ball.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (06-15-2013)

I was at that start. He was sitting a little higher than that from everything I saw and heard.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (06-15-2013)

Just watched his two inning outing against .230-hitting Lake County tonight.

He did not look like a prospect. The announcers did not say what his velocity was, but the swings Lake County was taking against him were consistently big. Second time he's thrown against that team, and they were on his fastball like it was 83 MPH. Up in the zone all the time. Secondary stuff.....looked like maybe a little slider. Not sure if he threw a change. If he did, it was never close.

Just very, very rough. I'm disappointed, because I was hoping to see something to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Just watched his two inning outing against .230-hitting Lake County tonight.

He did not look like a prospect. The announcers did not say what his velocity was, but the swings Lake County was taking against him were consistently big. Second time he's thrown against that team, and they were on his fastball like it was 83 MPH. Up in the zone all the time. Secondary stuff.....looked like maybe a little slider. Not sure if he threw a change. If he did, it was never close.

Just very, very rough. I'm disappointed, because I was hoping to see something to get excited about.
    Easily the worst start he has had. Whatever it was, he simply didn't have it. Slider was flat when it was near the zone and when it had bite, it went 59 feet. I saw a decent change up in there.

Doubt you get any velocities. On Tuesday the gun in Dayton was off by 7-10 MPH. Guys throwing 97 on scout guns weren't hitting 90 on the scoreboard.

Easily the worst start he has had. Whatever it was, he simply didn't have it. Slider was flat when it was near the zone and when it had bite, it went 59 feet. I saw a decent change up in there.

Doubt you get any velocities. On Tuesday the gun in Dayton was off by 7-10 MPH. Guys throwing 97 on scout guns weren't hitting 90 on the scoreboard.
    Hopefully it was an anomaly.

But hey, looking forward to those short season teams getting into action now. Great time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Hopefully it was an anomaly.

But hey, looking forward to those short season teams getting into action now. Great time of year.
    So far, in the very limited sample size that is his season, it was an anomaly. He is a long term project kind of guy who has all of about 100 innings on his arm as a starting pitcher in his entire life. He is going to take some time.

So far, in the very limited sample size that is his season, it was an anomaly. He is a long term project kind of guy who has all of about 100 innings on his arm as a starting pitcher in his entire life. He is going to take some time.
    For sure.

Still, though, I have to say I'm not sure what's there to recommend him other than that he got drafted in the first round. When you see the swings they were getting on his fastball tonight, I really have to wonder -- even more so than before. It actually reminded me a little of Colorado hitting off Villarreal a week or two ago.

I don't like saying stuff like this about a ballyhooed Reds prospect, and I hope he lights it up in the second half, I really do.

Turn Off Ads?