Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    With Michigan's loss to Penn State, it's very possible that even if OSU wins out, they will not have a single victory against a top 15 opponent since Meyer took the helm. Undefeated may not be an instant ticket for OSU.
    Agreed. I don't think OSU has shows enough at this point to play in the national championship. If the defense picks it up, and hopefully the bye week has been helpful, then I think they can be in the national championship talk. But at this point, they would get destroyed by Alabama.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Agreed. I don't think OSU has shows enough at this point to play in the national championship. If the defense picks it up, and hopefully the bye week has been helpful, then I think they can be in the national championship talk. But at this point, they would get destroyed by Alabama.
    Ohio State vs. Alabama would be a pretty good game. Alabama has struggled against mobile QBs and does not have a very dynamic offense. I see a lot of similarites between Alabama and Wisconsin just with more speed at the skill positions.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Ohio State vs. Alabama would be a pretty good game. Alabama has struggled against mobile QBs and does not have a very dynamic offense. I see a lot of similarites between Alabama and Wisconsin just with more speed at the skill positions.
    You also thought OSU was four and a half touchdowns better than the Badgers.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You also thought OSU was four and a half touchdowns better than the Badgers.
    Wisconsin did a very good job of throwing the ball which was surprising. I don't think that game was as close as the score indicated. If Hyde gets a first down or a better spot in the 4th quarter, OSU wins that game by 14-17 points.

That still doesn't change my opinion that OSU/Alabama currently would be a pretty good game and there are similarties between Alabama and Wisconsin.

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Alabama struggled against one mobile QB, and he happens to be the best college football player in the nation. I love Braxton, but he's not in the same league as Manziel right now. Alabama would win handily at this point. They have an elite offense and better defense. Ohio State's offense may be as good as Alabama's, but the defense isn't close

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I think this is unintended hyperbole. The offense is one of the best in the nation. It is explosive, has a big back, some scat backs, a QB that can run and with a strong arm, above average receivers, and a very good offensive line. The defense is giving up points, but this isn't Tressel ball anymore. The defensive line has shown dramatic improvement and some stars are emerging. The LBers have been pretty good despite playing a bunch of spread O's so far. The dbacks are a cause for grave concern, but they can develop as the Dline continues to pressure the QB increasingly each week.

The highlighted part makes me wonder, NW doesn't like to pass the ball? They run the spread. And Wisconsin, they were dared to beat us with the pass after stopping their glaring strength to run the ball in its tracks. How did that turn out?

I think the pass coverage crew keeps this team from championship game talk as of today, but to say they are not even top 10 is little more than hyperbole.
    I genuinely don't see OSU as a top 10 team. I have absolutely no confidence in the defense's ability to get a stop when needed. That said, I think the defense could get better, and I could definitely see them as a top 2-3 team by the end of the year.

And yes, NW doesn't like to pass the ball. They are currently 59th in FBS in pass yards per game, and they went 100 yards over their average against OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Does anyone know why they have two Bye weeks next season?
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Does anyone know why they have two Bye weeks next season?
    Heather, I think with OSU playing Michigan after Thanksgiving from here on out they will have a lot of two bye seasons.

They have already had one bye week this year and have another one in a few weeks.

As annoying as this is for Buckeye fans, it should keep the team fresh and more injury free.

Now as for what would happen if OSU played the Tide, all I will say is everyone thought OSU would get rolled by Miami in the 2002 NC game, and we all know how that turned out!

I would honestly be more worried about playing Oregon than Alabama. Oregon's offense looks absolutely unstoppable and I believe match up wise OSU would play pretty even with Bama. I also think OSU's arsenal of weapons would give Bama's D a tough time. It'd be a great game though.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Alabama 35 OSU 6

I am a huge OSU fan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Alabama 35 OSU 6

I am a huge OSU fan.
    I'd say 42 - 20. OSU has enough athleticism on offense to score on Alabama. But there's no way they can stop them. I hope that changes and OSU can match them by the end of the season.

I don't really see how OSU doesn't finish the season undefeated, but I only want them to play in the national championship if they are actually the first/second best team in the country. The last thing OSU and the Big 10 needs is to get slaughtered in a championship game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    OSU has enough athleticism on offense to score on Alabama.
    That is what Ole Miss thought.

I didn't track Meyer's teams at Florida all that closely, but I got the impression they improved a lot the more the season went on.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I didn't track Meyer's teams at Florida all that closely, but I got the impression they improved a lot the more the season went on.
    Most well coached teams do. Can't speak to Meyer's teams at Florida, Utah or Bowling Green, but considering the success that he's had, odds are they regularly improved as the season rolled along. There are only a few highly successful coaches that I can think of that teams routinely fell on their face at the end of the year. John Copper is one, Bob Stoops is another.

They get all of preseason, then 12 regular season weeks, plus a bye week (or two) then all the time b/w bowl games. That is a lot of time to disect the things that your team is struggling with and improve those areas, as well as add new wrinkles to your team as you've proven you can handle the stuff you were working on in training camp.

Unless Ohio State has Johnny Football, they won't score on Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?