Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BELIEVE: Keys to Game 5

Re: BELIEVE: Keys to Game 5

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I don't know if they are going to win or lose tomorrow but I will be dammed if I am going to go down sobbing like a 9 year old little girl because we might lose tomorrow !!!

Stand up, grow a pair and act like a man for Christsakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously. People need to chill out, and enjoy tomorrow! Win or lose, been a helluva fun season...regardless of what a few around here are saying. :shrug:

Man up and let's win this thing tomorrow!

Latos is going to take it to the Giants tomorrow, show everyone how good he is and why we traded for him, then we can move on and forget these 2 games even happened.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Now THIS is the kind of thread I like to see.

It's one game. They have one game to throw everything they've got at them. All hands on deck, and damn the torpedoes.

My kind of game.

I hope they take it to them early and step on their necks. They know they can get to Cain, and he's been scuffling for his last few starts. Bochy has a taxed bullpen and will probably resist yanking Cain at the first sign of trouble. It will be his undoing if that's the case.

I really think the Reds still have the upper hand tomorrow.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Best Defense.

Best Bullpen.

Badass on the mound.

Home crowd.

Votto.

Bruce.

BP.

A roster full of been there, done that heroes.

Tomorrow we must win!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Best Defense.

Best Bullpen.

Badass on the mound.

Home crowd.

Votto.

Bruce.

BP.

A roster full of been there, done that heroes.

Tomorrow we will win!
    Fixed it for you.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

7) Focus on the fact that the Reds must be the ones to stand up to the Yankees reckless march to spoiling the sport. The work is just beginning!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Latos is going to take it to the Giants tomorrow, show everyone how good he is and why we traded for him, then we can move on and forget these 2 games even happened.
    I'm glad you posted this comment because I've been thinking about how ironic/convenient it is that this thing might all come down to the big trade of the offseason of acquiring Latos.

I've got Latos at 20 IP 2 ER vs SF this year.

The Reds have hit Cain just fine this year, I expect them to continue to do so tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The Reds have hit Cain just fine this year, I expect them to continue to do so tomorrow.
    Cain is good. All I ask of Latos is to go toe to toe with Cain, then let it be a bullpen game. The first team bullpen, not today's guys.

Can't let Cain go all the way so be patient up there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Cain is good. All I ask of Latos is to go toe to toe with Cain, then let it be a bullpen game. The first team bullpen, not today's guys.

Can't let Cain go all the way so be patient up there.
    Of course Cain is good. And the Reds have had success against him this year anyway. Which I expect to happen again tomorrow. Enough success to stake Latos. That's how this is going to occur.

Thinking a key is Rolen. Need him to set the tone, make sure these guys do not wither away in the biggest game of many of their careers. They need an early strike, one or two runs in the first, take some of the pressure off.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Of course Cain is good. And the Reds have had success against him this year anyway. Which I expect to happen again tomorrow. Enough success to stake Latos. That's how this is going to occur.
    I would just say it might be optimistic to "expect" success against Cain. If he shuts them down for 7 innings, you really can't say "that should not have happened".

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Thinking a key is Rolen. Need him to set the tone, make sure these guys do not wither away in the biggest game of many of their careers. They need an early strike, one or two runs in the first, take some of the pressure off.
    Yep, and going one step further, the top of the first will be huge.

Turn Off Ads?