Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Derrick Ward signs with Bucs

Derrick Ward signs with Bucs

Another EPIC FAIL for the Bungles.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Derrick Ward signs with Bucs

This one upsets me a lot more than the loss of TJ. However, Tampa was probably a MUCH more attractive destination than Cincy for Ward. Quality organization, decent team on the cusp of the playoffs, and great town. None of those things describe the Cincinnati Bengals.

I am not sure how I feel about this. I was never very high on Ward or Benson. Benson is a mediocre back, IMO, and Ward scares me because of his age and durability. A lot of backs can get 1K yards behind the Giants O-line. I also think paying Ward over 4 mil. a year is crazy. The problem is, who in the heck is going to play running back for the Bengals? Watson? Dorsey? Perry? lol

Geez...I am not sure what I do if I am the Bengals. Not a good situation at all.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Geez...I am not sure what I do if I am the Bengals. Not a good situation at all.
    You divide 7 draft picks between all OL and DL players, realizing that without your lines, your skill positions will fail no matter what the names are on the back of the jersey.

Derrick Ward isn't that good, what's everyone getting upset about?

As of right now, I am all for the Bengals trying to move down and stockpile picks. I don't know who would be interested in trying to move up, but we could likely get an Andre Smith or Michael Oher in the 10-15 range, then pick up a second or third rounder to add a RB in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As of right now, I am all for the Bengals trying to move down and stockpile picks. I don't know who would be interested in trying to move up, but we could likely get an Andre Smith or Michael Oher in the 10-15 range, then pick up a second or third rounder to add a RB in the draft.
    They're not that smart or creative even though it makes total sense.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

No loss in Ward. If anything Ced Benson proved that their are RB's available off the streets after cuts are made. No need to overpay for one when there's a Benson available every year come September.

Might as well go ahead and draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th. You can always get some value there.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    No loss in Ward. If anything Ced Benson proved that their are RB's available off the streets after cuts are made. No need to overpay for one when there's a Benson available every year come September.

Might as well go ahead and draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th. You can always get some value there.
    I agree. I'm much more concerned about fixing the offensive line.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

The only reason people like Benson is because the expectations on him were so low. he played well against 3 teams that had virtually given up on the season in the Redskins/CHiefs/Browns. I see no reason so see why he'll be as good as he's shown in the last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post

Michael Vick needs a team. He's fast. Maybe as a punishment, the Commish makes him play for the Bengals. By the end of September, the Bengals' season will be effectively over. Whatever media will have withered away and Micheal can ease his way back into society.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Derrick Ward isn't that good, what's everyone getting upset about?
    As a Giant fan, I can honestly tell you that are sorely mistaken. He isn't great, but he is very good. Can run, has excellent hands and can block. I don't think he is a 300 carry a year guy, but give him 200-250 and he'll get you over 1,200 yards and 5.0 a pop.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?