Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    It would have taken 1 hit, not 2 to score the run and of all the Reds it is Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips that I would most want up there with the game on the line. The bat was taken out of both of their hands, and I wouldn't have done that. I don't blame the loss on Dusty though, Heisey needs to come through in that situation regardless and if he doesn't Bruce needs to pick him up.

But it is only 1 game of many.
    And the decision to bunt would have taken 0 hits to score the run...but to be fair, while I don't agree with it, I can understand the opposing view that would elect to give BP and Votto the opportunity to drive in the lead runner with a base hit. Given the Reds inability to produce up to that point (including those two), I support the decision to bunt.

Like you said, it's 1 of 162 and there will likely be at least 161 more decisions we can debate ahead of us...part of what makes the game of baseball so great!
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

2. Turn Off Ads?

So does Choo move to left now and Heisey/Paul take over centerfield?

4. Likes:

Caveman Techie (04-02-2013)

Taking the bat out of Joey's hands is never the right idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    One game and some are already calling for Baker's head.

Yay, Redszone.

Methinks this thread will be revisited when the Reds win the division.
    Why? Dusty has proven that's as far as he can take the Reds. Revisit the thread when he actually does something in the playoffs.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I hope Kremchek doesn't screw this up.

(Too soon?)

Call Homeland Security. This thread's been hijacked.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

In terms of the schedule 10 MLB games = 1 NFL game, 160 MLB to 16 NFL games a season. Yesterday's MLB games represent 6 minutes of 1 NFL game.

Let the complaining continue

10. Likes:

pahster (04-02-2013),Plus Plus (04-02-2013),Revering4Blue (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Well, if your ultimate goal for the Reds is to just make the playoffs, then Dusty is your guy!
    Geez man.. In 2010, the team made the playoffs despite not exactly being loaded, then had to face the Phillie Juggernaut. Yes, it was disappointing we got swept, but I don't see how that was Dusty's fault.

2012: Despite losing Cueto, the Reds took the eventual World Champs to 5 games. Again, disappointing we blew a 2-0 lead, but we played them pretty well.

10 teams make the playoffs now. It's incredibly difficult to win the World Series.
    I'm not saying it's all luck (it's not) but I don't see how it's Dusty's fault that the Reds were knocked out in the first round.

The only fair criticism I see was starting Volquez in Game 1 in 2010. Although starting someone else would not have probably changed the outcome.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    In terms of the schedule 10 MLB games = 1 NFL game, 160 MLB to 16 NFL games a season. Yesterday's MLB games represent 6 minutes of 1 NFL game.

Let the complaining continue
    Your complaint will be noted.

Wow! Just read this thread this morning. Redszone has a way of taking the joy out of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Wow! Just read this thread this morning. Redszone has a way of taking the joy out of baseball.
    why read it then?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    No having a manager who takes the bat out of your best players hands takes the joy out of baseball for me.

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Unfortunately run expectancy doesn't take into account who is at bat.
    So you think Votto gets a hit more often than Heisey does something that would score a runner from 3rd with bases loaded with one out? Would love to see the numbers you come up with there. Love Votto as much as anyone but don't see how those numbers work out.

17. Likes:

elfmanvt07 (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    why read it then?
    Habit, I guess. Maybe a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    why read it then?
    probably to catch up on all the baseball managers at their real jobs?

Turn Off Ads?