Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bakersfield Roster, 2012

Bakersfield Roster, 2012

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...=true&sid=t423

Top four of rotation (in alphabetical order): Cingrani, Lotzkar, Renken, Josh Smith. Not sure who #5 would be. Pearl? John Holdzkom? Also, Michael Griffin is on the roster as a pitcher.

A nice infield includes Hamilton, Lutz, Lohman and Vidal.

Yorman's there. So is Bryson Smith.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bakersfield Roster, 2012

I realize that these rosters are preliminary and fluid, but we've now seen both Dayton and Bakersfield (and Pensacola, for that matter), and no Juan Duran. What's up with that?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    I realize that these rosters are preliminary and fluid, but we've now seen both Dayton and Bakersfield (and Pensacola, for that matter), and no Juan Duran. What's up with that?
    Injury?

That seems likely, as he's not playing in the futures game either.

Not sure who #5 would be. Pearl? John Holdzkom?
    Maybe. He and Wilkin de la Rosa are interesting reclamation projects there. Both were said to have big arms at one point, and neither has had a significant injury, so far as I know.

Holdzkom was hitting the upper 90's in spring. He had TJ in 2009 and missed all of 2011 (though I haven't been able to find out why).

Pearl was said to be a starter for 2012 after he came back last year, so assuming that is the roster, I would bet that he is one of the 5 starters.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Holdzkom was hitting the upper 90's in spring. He had TJ in 2009 and missed all of 2011 (though I haven't been able to find out why).

Pearl was said to be a starter for 2012 after he came back last year, so assuming that is the roster, I would bet that he is one of the 5 starters.
    Doug, is Holdzkom kind of like Lotzkar but a few years older? He seems to have soom good stuff and was a 4th round pick by the Mets, but he can never stay healthy. Is that a decent comp?

Last edited by texasdave; 04-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Interesting stuff, texasdave. I have had difficulty finding more recent scouting reports. That one is from 2008 and it seems like he has the stuff, but just can't stay healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Interesting stuff, texasdave. I have had difficulty finding more recent scouting reports. That one is from 2008 and it seems like he has the stuff, but just can't stay healthy...
    . . . and he can't find home plate to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    . . . and he can't find home plate to save his life.
    Haha true. I guess when healthy Lotzkar has better control than Holdzkom has ever exhibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Doug, is Holdzkom kind of like Lotzkar but a few years older? He seems to have soom good stuff and was a 4th round pick by the Mets, but he can never stay healthy. Is that a decent comp?
    No clue. Never seen him pitch before.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Where is Stephenson headed? Dayton? I checked the Dragons' roster and he wasn't on there, but that has to be where he's going, right?

I hope Lutz gets his share of starts in LF for the Blaze and one of the 3B's (Mattair or Christian). can start at 1B some.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Where is Stephenson headed? Dayton? I checked the Dragons' roster and he wasn't on there, but that has to be where he's going, right?
    Extended spring training for now. We will see what happens later in the year with him.

Turn Off Ads?