Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: 8/23/2013 Brewers at Reds

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: 8/23/2013 Brewers at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    Actually that's incorrect. He's striking out 19.2% of his PA. EXACTLY the same as 2010. He is however on pace to hit half the amount of HRs as 2010 and his slugging and OPS are both 100 points lower right now.
    That wasn't the point, you said he was striking out more. I got the stats from Fangraphs which idicates he struck out 19.3% of the time in 2010.

HR's/OPS? that wasn't your point. He might drink more fancy coffees now too. That wasn't your point.
    Last edited by PuffyPig; 08-23-2013 at 11:27 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Can't give up six runs to this Brewer's offense, not even in this ball park. Bad loss.
    Sure you can. Good teams do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I said the same thing but no one seemed to care...I suggested we were all jaded by how Dusty manages.

No excuse for not pinch hitting your best hitting catcher for the one that struggles to get the ball off the ground.

Would Mez gotten a hit? We will never know. However you have to put "feelings" and "ego's" aside in that situation and bat your best batter off the bench for a chance to tie the game..

This non move went pretty much under the radar on this thread...and I feel it was a critical error.
    Well I was mad enough for everyone probably. Down by one run and I would've understood completely, but we needed one hammered in the gap there. Mesoraco may have popped out, but not giving yourself a chance there is just horrible managing.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Sure you can. Good teams do it all the time.
    When's the last time the Brew Crew sans Braun,Weeks, and Hart, scored 6 runs against a good team and a good pitcher on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The reds have smoked the Cubs all season and the Cardinals lost 2 of 3 to the cubs. How do you explain that? Are the Brewers the measuring stick?
    The Cards lost two of three around August 9, then later in the month beat the Cubs two of three in Chicago.

But after all that, near the end of August, the Cards are up 2.5 games on the Reds. The Pirates are up 3. These are good ballclubs. The Reds aren't going to pass them losing to the Brewers in Cincy.

Where I disagree is that at this point, late in the season with the Reds in third, I don't think playing "solid" .550 ball is going to do the trick. I don't think a loss is "no big deal" at this stage. The Reds have to play very, very well to win this division. Losses to bad teams at home have a significant cost at this stage.

The Brewers are not just sub-.500, they are sixteen under, the Reds are 2-3 against them in the last week. I just don't think this kind of record is going to allow the Reds to win the division. Just don't think it's good enough.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-23-2013 at 11:34 PM.

7. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (08-24-2013)

When's the last time the Brew Crew sans Braun,Weeks, and Hart, scored 6 runs against a good team and a good pitcher on the road?
    Never mind, I found the answer- June 15,2013. At Cincinnati. Against Homer Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Dude... Take a deep breath. And then let this whole thing go. Game thread posts have never been intended to be well-thought out, analytical masterpieces. If you want that, go to the ORG. Game threads have been like this since the inception of Redszone and it's perfectly fine. How do I know this? Because I've been here from the very beginning. Just let it go. My god.
    So you want me to let it go, yet here you are responding about it? Isn't that a contradiction?

If you don't like my talking about it, heed your own advice and ... "just let it go."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Never mind, I found the answer- June 15,2013. At Cincinnati. Against Homer Bailey.
    What Weeks have to do with anything? he is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What Weeks have to do with anything? he is horrible.
    Ok. sans Braun and Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    That wasn't the point, you said he was striking out more. I got the stats from Fangraphs which idicates he struck out 19.3% of the time in 2010.

HR's/OPS? that wasn't your point. He might drink more fancy coffees now too. That wasn't your point.
    I wasn't the one who said he struck out more. I could go for a fancy coffee though.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Well I was mad enough for everyone probably. Down by one run and I would've understood completely, but we needed one hammered in the gap there. Mesoraco may have popped out, but not giving yourself a chance there is just horrible managing.
    Hanigan was actually 2-4 with a HR against the reliever he was facing. Now whether Dusty looked at those numbers and based his decision on that is another story....but I was ok with the decision to bat Hanny there.

All the discussion of "this Brewers offense." A hot rookie drove in 4 and a guy named Scooter went deep and scored another run. Welcome to late season baseball.

Further, the Brewers are a last place team, but not recently. They have been playing winning baseball in a dead cat bounce kind of way after the Braun stuff was settled. They are a tough win these days. Ask the Rangers.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-24-2013),Tom Servo (08-24-2013)

Turn Off Ads?