Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Helmet Cart Photos

Re: Reds Helmet Cart Photos

My uploads say failed also.
    Is there a sticky that tells how to upload a photo?
    I didn't see one.
    I made sure it was smaller than it says, jpg, and it they just won't upload.
    Is there a rule with that you can't post a pic for so many posts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow somehow it finally let me post a picture.
    Here is how the cart looks today.
    Going to get it fixed up for parades etc.....
    Bought two new Louisville Sluggers with the Reds Logo to replace the bats that were taken off of it at some time.
    Attachment 6457
    Click on picture to make it bigger.

4. Likes:

BillDoran (04-21-2013),goreds2 (04-23-2013),marcshoe (04-21-2013),texasdave (04-20-2013)

Awesome

Number 16 is Denis Menke, I believe. He played in 1972 and 1973. The Reds played the Oakland As in the 1972 World Series. The above picture is the Oakland Coliseum. That would also explain why the golf cart was there. That's my guess.

Looking at some old pictures that looks more like Stewart to me. So Baltimore 1970 is a good choice.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-20-2013 at 10:01 AM.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (04-23-2013)

The rim of the second level does not look like Oakland, so I will have to look for a picture of the Orioles stadium in 70.

Thats awesome!! How did you get it?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Maybe show that to the Reds. Maybe they will help you find who was the original maker of it and help you restore it. I am sure they would love you driving it in the opening day parade and one of the relief pitchers riding in it with you..

Quote Originally Posted by RLT View Post
    Wow somehow it finally let me post a picture.
    Here is how the cart looks today.
    Going to get it fixed up for parades etc.....
    Bought two new Louisville Sluggers with the Reds Logo to replace the bats that were taken off of it at some time.
    Attachment 6457
    Click on picture to make it bigger.
    Awesome!!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I purchased it from the Reds through mlb.auctions.com.
    They were thinking of restoring it but decided it was to big for the Hall of Fame, and that they could not find a single picture of it in their archive.
    It was a cool experience for my family and I to go to GABP and pick it up.
    The guy that takes care of the authentics was awesome throughout the hole transaction.
    The auction was going on around the time of Redsfest.
    They told me to keep in touch, and that if I do a real good restoration on it that maybe I could bring it down and be showcased at the stadium and drive it on the field.
    If anyone sees a Bench or Rose bat with holes in the top and two holes near the handles let me know, maybe I could get them and put them back where they belong. The bats were taken when it was moved from Riverfront to GABP.
    I want to be able to take my 8 year old to his Little League game in it at least once.
    I've contacted the maker of the cart through the website, actually it lead to some one that helped make the carts, not sure how much help they will be. Seemed eager to sell me some things though.
    When I get to working on it I will post more pictures.

13. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (04-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RLT View Post
    I purchased it from the Reds through mlb.auctions.com.
    They were thinking of restoring it but decided it was to big for the Hall of Fame, and that they could not find a single picture of it in their archive.
    It was a cool experience for my family and I to go to GABP and pick it up.
    The guy that takes care of the authentics was awesome throughout the hole transaction.
    The auction was going on around the time of Redsfest.
    They told me to keep in touch, and that if I do a real good restoration on it that maybe I could bring it down and be showcased at the stadium and drive it on the field.
    If anyone sees a Bench or Rose bat with holes in the top and two holes near the handles let me know, maybe I could get them and put them back where they belong. The bats were taken when it was moved from Riverfront to GABP.
    I want to be able to take my 8 year old to his Little League game in it at least once.
    I've contacted the maker of the cart through the website, actually it lead to some one that helped make the carts, not sure how much help they will be. Seemed eager to sell me some things though.
    When I get to working on it I will post more pictures.
    Maybe checking out American Restoration on the History Channel??? http://www.history.com/shows/american-restoration

This is a part of baseball history, maybe they would want to do it for the TV show and invite some of the Big Red Machine to drive it into GABP when its done, like right before a Reds game.. wouldnt hurt see what they say

Turn Off Ads?