Thread: Broxton to the DL, Villarreal back up

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: What's wrong w/ Broxton ?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What's indefensible?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Clearly the #1 is...At least that what I think I'm reading.

Indefensible!!!!1

4. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (06-16-2013)

Re: Broxton to the DL, Villarreal back up

Walt, scour the waiver wire please, Villarreal will not do.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

malcontent (06-15-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Lately?
    Too true.

Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Considering Reynolds has on opt out today, this is very confusing.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Walt, scour the waiver wire please, Villarreal will not do.
    Read through the thread. Villareal is likely in Cincy for a day.

Greg Reynolds needs to be given a shot, especially if we have an open spot on the 40 man and he deserves a chance to prove he's put it together. If he fails, DFA him.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Greg Reynolds needs to be given a shot, especially if we have an open spot on the 40 man and he deserves a chance to prove he's put it together. If he fails, DFA him.

I first read that as "Greg Reynolds needs to be shot" and thought "We already have problems with bullpen depth!"

But I agree. Get Reynolds or Pino up here. Villareal has a 5.12 ERA and 1.37 WHIP. There are better options. The 40 man roster is a trainwreck. Ravin, Lotzkar and Villareal are all on it, but our better AAA arms are left off.

Reynolds: 2.51 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 51 SO, 15 BB

Pino: 2.25 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 35 SO, 12 BB.

I'd prefer either...as long as they aren't brought in to face Matt Holliday with the bases juiced in extras.

How is Villareal still on a 40 man roster, he's terrible and should be dropped! The man is not getting any better over time! Hopefully he can be dropped after today

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The good thing about a winning team with a depleted bullpen is that it's the easiest part of your team to trade for someone.

The bad thing is. . . .do we even have a decent minor league arm to trade for a decent major league arm?
    Yes...as much as I am hoping they are looking for a trade...what do they have to offer really. I think Phipps should be up here for Lutz....and then after that....who do you have to offer in AAA? Double AA has nothing, less than nothing.

So we blew up Broxton's elbow with a perfectly healthy Chapman sitting in the pen? Is dusty being as shredded in the media as i feel like he should be right now? People flip when he hits Cozart second, let alone sacrifices our 21 million dollar set up man in the fourteenth inning of a cubs game.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I first read that as "Greg Reynolds needs to be shot" and thought "We already have problems with bullpen depth!"

But I agree. Get Reynolds or Pino up here. Villareal has a 5.12 ERA and 1.37 WHIP. There are better options. The 40 man roster is a trainwreck. Ravin, Lotzkar and Villareal are all on it, but our better AAA arms are left off.

Reynolds: 2.51 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 51 SO, 15 BB

Pino: 2.25 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 35 SO, 12 BB.

I'd prefer either...as long as they aren't brought in to face Matt Holliday with the bases juiced in extras.

The managing of the 40 man has been poor since the last few years. They also seem to procrastinate during the year in making moves. Just hoping things will be fine until the DL players come back.....just not my cup of tea. Not expecting Walt to go all Bowden and move people up and down....but they seem content just riding this out and I guess the WC is always there, but I would not be looking to just play for a WC this early in the season.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

How are the Reds going to win this thing with some of these bonehead roster moves.

Villareal? If he gets in a game, it might as well mean the Reds are giving up on that game.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

This reads like a game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    This reads like a game thread.
    So because we are not being positive or confused about the moves and 40 man roster management......this is a problem? I am assuming stating this reads like a Game Thread is not exactly an endorsement of what we are discussing?

Turn Off Ads?