Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8/23/2007 Minor League Game Updates

Re: 8/23/2007 Minor League Game Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I would imagine it's just an organizational need type move, but why Donaldson in Louisville while Guevera and Till continue to dominate and remain in Chatt?
    What about Viola and Roenicke? That Chatt pen is lights out.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    I heard maloney was hitting 92
    Where did you hear that? honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by Prf15 View Post
    What about Viola and Roenicke? That Chatt pen is lights out.
    Roenicke hasn't pitched since the 12th... but hasn't been put on the DL. Its quite strange actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Roenicke hasn't pitched since the 12th... but hasn't been put on the DL. Its quite strange actually.
    Is he hurt or just dumb managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prf15 View Post
    Is he hurt or just dumb managing.
    Dont know. He has not been put on the DL during that time at all unless the milb.com southern league page just felt the need to leave it out. Havent been able to find anything out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Where did you hear that? honest question.
    A friend that was at the game. I dont know if its true though. Ive never been down there so I know nothing about it.

Either way, there are plenty of crafty lefties that top out at 88 that have had unbelievable success at the major league level. I wouldn't limit his prospect status based off of that fact alone. IMO, Maloney is one of the top four pitching prospects in the organization.
    Go BLUE!!!

jeff francis tops out at 88mph up here in the thin air @ coors.. he's done pretty well.

lefties typically don't throw as hard as rhp either. i'd say its above average if a lefty can sit around 89-91 during a game.

his velocity doesn't worry me as long as he's got movement, and by all accounts he does. add command to that equation and I like what I hear/read/see. it may ultimately take him a bit longer to adjust at the game's highest level, but I certainly feel he's being underrated by most around here.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?