Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 4,192 On Fox Sports Ohio Tonight (on now) 9/13/11

4,192 On Fox Sports Ohio Tonight (on now) 9/13/11

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/...-ohio-tonight/

The Pete Rose documentary released last year – ”4,192: The Crowning of the Hit King — makes its TV debut tonight following the Reds-Cubs game on Fox Sports Ohio. It will start at approximately 10:30 p.m.

FSO is airing the two-hour special to celebrate the 26th anniversary of Rose surpassing Ty Cobb as the all-time career hit leader with his 4,192nd hit on Sept. 11, 1985, before a sell-out crowd at Riverfront Stadium.

The film, directed and edited by Tery Lukemire of Covington’s Barking Fish Entertainment, includes extensive interviews with Rose, plus comments from Marty Brennaman, Tony Perez and Mike Schmidt. The on-screen host is veteran actor J.K. Simmons, known today as the University of Farmers professor in the Farmers Insurance commercials.

FSO repeats “4,192″ at:

–Wednesday, September 21 at 9 p.m.

–Friday, September 30 at 8 p.m.

Posted in: Local Events, Local Media, Television

Tags: 4192, Fox Sports Ohio, Pete Rose
    Last edited by goreds2; 09-13-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Added Date To Title
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4,192 On Fox Sports Ohio Tonight (on now) 9/13/11

What a great show! I put the rest on DVR last night because it was getting late. I cannot wait to watch the rest. It starts from the very beginning of his career.

No one else here watched this ??

Really enjoyed it. Great look back at Rose's career.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Watched it tonight on FoxSports. Awesome.

I was a big fan of Pete until the gambling scandal. But this documentary completely brought me full circle back to believing he should be in the HOF.

And Pete came across humorous, enjoyable, gratious, appreciative, and complimentary of the players and coaches he played with. Very well done.

Nobody could play as hard as he did. Win as much as he did. Accomplish as much as he did. And intend to do anything to hurt the game of mlb. I fully believe that now.

He definitely deserves to be in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Watched it tonight on FoxSports. Awesome.

I was a big fan of Pete until the gambling scandal. But this documentary completely brought me full circle back to believing he should be in the HOF.

And Pete came across humorous, enjoyable, gratious, appreciative, and complimentary of the players and coaches he played with. Very well done.

Nobody could play as hard as he did. Win as much as he did. Accomplish as much as he did. And intend to do anything to hurt the game of mlb. I fully believe that now.

He definitely deserves to be in the HOF.
    I was a loyal fan of Pete's all through the gambling scandal. People make me sick that turned their backs on Pete when he needed his fan support the most. And don't give me the crap about him lying for years, I don't care if he did lie, I'm not his wife that he is cheating on, I am one of his baseball fans, and the scandal had absolutely nothing to do with his 4,256 hits. Screw Bob Feller and the elitest Boy Scout character attitude that the old farts in the boys club think you should possess to be a member of the HoF, people make mistakes, get over it and move on.

I fell on the floor laughing when he said he knew Tony Perez for over 49 years and after talking with him for 30 minutes on the phone the previous night had no idea what Tony had said. Also loved the comment on Bob Gibson...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I liked the story about going to vietnam and serving with other major league ballplayers including Dimaggio. They introduced themselves and an ordinary guy said, no wonder the Yankees stink, all you guys are old! Funny stuff.

The Pedro Borbon story about him eating a cap during the Harrelson-Rose fight was funny too. Even Perez added to that story.

I didn't realize Gene Garber wouldn't throw Pete any strikes in his last at-bat of his 44 game hitting streak. They show the last 2 pitches clearly out of the strike zone, and Pete swung at the last one because he felt he had too. They were getting blown out anyway. Interesting stuff.

Dying to see this documentary. Almost 5,000 hits in baseball. Amazing. 3,000 is the ultimate milestone and he crushed that.

Turn Off Ads?