Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

There is still a faction of I.U fans out there - though, not nearly the amount of fans that the I.U critics/detractors out there would lead you to believe - that will never fully accept any head I.U B-Ball coach not named Robert Montgomery Knight.

Unfortunately for Tom Crean, he now has to also deal with an apparently large faction of fans who will not accept him because his name isn't Brad Stevens.

That is simply the reality of the situation.

Strangely enough, John Groce "outcoached" both Stevens and Crean this season.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Crean inherited a cluster at IU, but I suppose you can't really blame some IU fans for being a little unnerved by the fact that there is a guy coaching within their state's borders who has taken Butler (BUTLER!) to two national title games since Crean started in Bloomington.

Pretty funny thing pre-game. OSU had Bob Knight do a pre-game video they aired before the game basically slapping IU in the face. He even did an O-H!.

Onto the game, best I've seen Watford look all season, mentally he seemed to be in it the whole game.

Zeller played well, Oladipo was very efficient.

Those 3 scored all but 10 of IU's points I believe

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Crean inherited a cluster at IU, but I suppose you can't really blame some IU fans for being a little unnerved by the fact that there is a guy coaching within their state's borders who has taken Butler (BUTLER!) to two national title games since Crean started in Bloomington.
    Not only did he inherit it, he cleaned it up and suffered the consequences of doing such.

I knew Stevens was a better coach when he coached his way out of that paper bag, that one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-13-2013)

IU's last road win over top 10 team before yesterday? December 5, 2000, 80-68 at #10 Notre Dame - The debut year of Mike Davis as coach.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    There are plenty of things to unnerve an IU fan, but I don't think Butler's success is one of them.

Projecting anything done 2-3 years ago to what I can expect this year or next year or 5 years from now is folly in almost every case, and especially in an extreme case like IU's.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Not only did he inherit it, he cleaned it up and suffered the consequences of doing such.
    Dan Dakich helped clean up the mess before he left.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dan Dakich helped clean up the mess before he left.
    Spot-on.

Looking back now, Dakich handled everything about as well as anyone possibly could have. Sadly, given the then-prevailing team opinion that Ray Mccallum should have been named interim coach, the team essentially quit on Dakich.

I'm not at all suggesting that Dakich should have been named permanent head coach, but Dan certainly deserved better. And his contributions to the program, especially during the tumultuous '08 season, shouldn't be forgotten, but often are.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Spot-on.

Looking back now, Dakich handled everything about as well as anyone possibly could have. Sadly, given the then-prevailing team opinion that Ray Mccallum should have been named interim coach, the team essentially quit on Dakich.

I'm not at all suggesting that Dakich should have been named permanent head coach, but Dan certainly deserved better. And his contributions to the program, especially during the tumultuous '08 season, shouldn't be forgotten, but often are.
    Right on!

I also might throw out there that McCallum himself was part of the problem.

I love this blog post which just cobbles together a bunch of anonymous quotes from opposing coaches scouting IU.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...enders-indiana

“I get depressed watching tape of them.”
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Good read man!

Hey guys did you see me out there tonight? My men's league team just scrimmaged IU.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Hey guys did you see me out there tonight? My men's league team just scrimmaged IU.

LOL........yeah, your team's beer breath bothered the candy stripers in the first half. BTW Razor, you dont have to chuck one up everytime you get past the half court stripe!!!!!!!!!!

Rivalry Week? More like Rivalry Weak.

Turn Off Ads?