Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite franchise burger?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • In&Out Double Cheese Burger

14 17.72%
  • Steak and Shake Steak Burger

3 3.80%
  • Big Mac

1 1.27%
  • Wendy's Classic Single

5 6.33%
  • Whopper/Double Whopper

2 2.53%
  • White Castle Mini Burger

2 2.53%
  • JackNThe Box Grilled Sourdough Burger

3 3.80%
  • Rally Burger

2 2.53%
  • 5 Guys Cheese Burger

28 35.44%
  • Hardees Thick Burger

3 3.80%
  • Quarter Pounder W Cheese/Double Quarter Pounder

0 0%
  • Sonic double bacon cheese burger

1 1.27%
  • What-A Burger

4 5.06%
  • Red Robin Build-A Burger

9 11.39%
  • Fudruckers Bacon Double Stack Cheese Burger

2 2.53%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Best Burger

Re: Best Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Isn't the real "hipster" move being the guy who says he doesn't want all the crazy stuff on his burger and claiming that all these attempts to class-up a burger miss what it really means to eat a burger?
    I know a lot of non-hipsters who prefer to keep it simple. The difference is actually having a desire for simple things, or wanting to put forth the *appearance* of that desire.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The difference is actually having a desire for simple things, or wanting to put forth the *appearance* of that desire.
    Like drinking PBR. Which tastes like crap. (OTOH, Natural Light is surprisingly good).

Foody-ism and hipsterism are not the same thing in my mind. And I don't have a problem with either. If foody-ism leads to food that actually tests better, great. If it's just a re-design that makes for good menu copy, keep it.

My GF and I ate at Terry's Turf Club for the first time yesterday. I loved all the signs in there and they make a heck of a burger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-12-2013),Wonderful Monds (08-17-2013)

Big Kahuna Burger

I personally like the Thick Burger from Hardee's the best with the Five Guys being a close second. I've had an In and Out Burger once right outside of Sacremento, and I was expecting it to be a tasty delight, but instead I got a more stale, bland excuse for a burger. I don't know if it was a bad luck thing, but I was not impressed as many of the people I have talked to about it who have all enjoyed it.

8. Likes:

texasdave (08-15-2013)

Big Kahuna Burger
    This is a tasty burger.

Out of the choices i went with Red Robin, although I've never tried a build a burger from there.

I have gotten the Bonzai Burger, which includes pineapple, and the Royale, which has fried egg and bacon.

I think 5 Guys is way to greasy, and while I have only had In-N-Out once and it was delicious, I get an extreme craving for the Bonzai Burger at Red Robin every week. And the bottomless fries and bottomless Root Beer Floats are money!

The BEST burger in Ohio, and Man VS Food can back this up, is the Thurman Burger, at Thurmans Cafe in the German Village district in Columbus.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

I've heard multiple first-hand accounts that Thurman's Cafe is overrated, and most assuredly not worth an hour wait.

AND A BURGER CANNOT BE TOO GREASY!!!

12. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (08-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post

The BEST burger in Ohio, and Man VS Food can back this up, is the Thurman Burger, at Thurmans Cafe in the German Village district in Columbus.
    I love Man vs Food and Thurman's, but you clearly have been to Terry's Turf Club.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Went to Zips yesterday for the first time, it was damn good (I got the "Train Wreck").

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I've heard multiple first-hand accounts that Thurman's Cafe is overrated, and most assuredly not worth an hour wait.

You heard wrong on Thurmans.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

So you haven't actually TRIED a Thurman Burger?

Well worth the wait, it is amazing.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

For years I've heard people talk, even rave, about Fatburger, which has been primarily a west coast chain. I know they have expanded to some locations on the east coast, but are still pretty unknown here in flyover country. But I noticed a couple months ago where you can now buy them in the frozen food section at the grocery - "build your own Fatburger" - so I bought a box.

Now I realize, since it was packaged/frozen, it may not be the best evaluation compared to getting one at their restaurant; but I wasn't impressed. My son loved them, but he'll eat anything as long as it doesn't move. LOL

I still say the best way to make a great burger is to do it yourself (on the grill). We bought a Char-Broil Quantum Infrared grill about 3 years ago, which operates differently from a conventional grill, and we love the way it cooks meat from both sides, sears it, and keeps the meat moist and juicy.

I buy the majority of my meat from a couple local IGAs here because I know the meat comes from local farmers. I use ground sirloin, season it with hickory smoke powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper, and just a touch of worcestershire sauce. Top it with a fresh garden tomato, vidalia onion, lettuce and you've made my day.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

GAC:

Original Fatburgers were fresh ground beef, cooked to order and topped with whatever you like. They started at someone's home as she was hosting (and feeding) various musicians that were traveling on the road. So, in that respect, they started out just like you and I like to make burgers---at home, on the grill.

I would never equate a frozen burger patty with fresh. I only use fresh ground chuck that's at least 85% lean. Don't judge a Fatburger until you get a 'real' one---not that frozen decoy floating around in your grocer's freezer.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

You're right rem. I was wary of them when I first saw them in the frozen food section, but my son wanted to try them. But frozen cannot beat fresh.

My son bought another box of them last night at Kroger.

But I don't understand how he can like those when he has had the burgers at Don's Downtown Diner, whom I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's the difference between night and day. Geez!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?