Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Entrance to Freedom Center parking lot from the south?

Entrance to Freedom Center parking lot from the south?

I have always parked under the Freedom Center. Easy in, Easy out. I went to the game last night & the parking garage was boarded up on the East side. So, I just parked at one of the side lots off of Pete Rose Way. Can anyone tell me, Is there an entrance to this parking garage from the South? Any info would be appreciated. I am coming down for the Thursday afternnoon game. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: PARKING

We went 2 weeks ago and will be going again this Sat and last time we saw that alot of parking between the two stadiums is now gone, something is being built there (anyone have an idea of what?), so we ended up parking under the arena next to the stadium for $10. Only bad thing was it was up a ramp and you had to back up it, which was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    I have always parked under the Freedom Center. Easy in, Easy out. I went to the game last night & the parking garage was boarded up on the East side. So, I just parked at one of the side lots off of Pete Rose Way. Can anyone tell me, Is there an entrance to this parking garage from the South? Any info would be appreciated. I am coming down for the Thursday afternnoon game. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    We went 2 weeks ago and will be going again this Sat and last time we saw that alot of parking between the two stadiums is now gone, something is being built there (anyone have an idea of what?)
    That would be part of the Banks project which has been ongoing for about 15 years. The city is finally going to use the riverfront property for something other than parking.

http://www.thebankscincy.com/
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

My apologies if this should have been asked in a separate post but I felt my question fell along the same lines as the original. I am from central KY and won 2 tickets to the Sat. night game against KC. Included with the tickets was a pink tag parking pass which I understand is for the garage beneath the ballpark. I have normally parked in Covington and walked across the Roebling bridge in past visits. My question is this a.) will construction around the ballpark from the banks project effect how or where I need to enter the parking garage and b.) what is the best route out after the game to get me to the Hotel I'm staying at in Florence. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    "He couldn't hit that pitch with an ironing board Joe"-Marty B.

Stat geek...and proud

Re: Entrance to Freedom Center parking lot from the south?

You should be fine as far as the Banks construction goes. It only really effects the lots between GABP and PBS. Honestly the best route to get back to Florence after a game is to go to 471 South to 275 West to 75. 75 can get a little hairy around the bridge going south and it's usually pretty congested going north up to around 74. Taking 471 is a few miles farther, but in case the bridge is slow moving it can save you time. Depends on the size of the crowd too. For a game with attendance in the 20-25,000 range, there is no problems, but if you get one of those big 35-40,000 crowds traffic is noticeably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    You should be fine as far as the Banks construction goes. It only really effects the lots between GABP and PBS. Honestly the best route to get back to Florence after a game is to go to 471 South to 275 West to 75. 75 can get a little hairy around the bridge going south and it's usually pretty congested going north up to around 74. Taking 471 is a few miles farther, but in case the bridge is slow moving it can save you time. Depends on the size of the crowd too. For a game with attendance in the 20-25,000 range, there is no problems, but if you get one of those big 35-40,000 crowds traffic is noticeably worse.
    thanks gilpdawg. now my question becomes how does one go about getting on 471 south after exiting the ballpark garage. I've been looking at google maps and it appears to me that the only option for getting on 471 is northbouth. I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than is neccessary i'm sure but help me out if you can.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue93_2000 View Post
    thanks gilpdawg. now my question becomes how does one go about getting on 471 south after exiting the ballpark garage. I've been looking at google maps and it appears to me that the only option for getting on 471 is northbouth. I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than is neccessary i'm sure but help me out if you can.
    You've gotta hit 71 north for a minute to hit 471 South.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    You've gotta hit 71 north for a minute to hit 471 South.
    OK. looking at a map and i'm seeing how I can go about getting on 71 north exiting the stadium but can't see where I can go from 71 north to 471 south

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue93_2000 View Post
    OK. looking at a map and i'm seeing how I can go about getting on 71 north exiting the stadium but can't see where I can go from 71 north to 471 south
    Right before 71 veers north away from downtown, there's a ramp for 471, but it's marked as US 50 East to I-471. It's not a direct hit.

ok I believe I've finally figured it out. tell me if this sounds right. Exit the park onto E. Mehring Way. Take a right onto Elm. another right onto E. Second St. and second st. leads me to the ramp your mentioning which I finally caught sight of the last time I looked at google maps satellite view. I understand that once I get on 471 getting back to 75/71 south to florence will take no time, i'm just skeptical as to how long it's going to take to get from the ballpark garage back around to the 471 ramp. With sat. night being the Rolen bobblehead night I'm quite certain i'm looking at a 30000+ crowd so I'm wondering if going ahead and parking in Covington wouldn't be my best bet. Having said that I greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience with me in helping to give me an alternative. Thanks again gilpdawg.

Turn Off Ads?