Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NL Wild Card.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: NL Wild Card.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    St. Louis at Houston - Henry Sosa goes for the Astros. Not impressed with his pitching at all. Westbrook counters for the Cardinals. Bet the house on St. Louis.
    Phils visit Los Bravos - Black is black. I want my ten-game lead over the Cardinals back. The Oswalt-Lowe matchup leans in Philadelphia's favor. Look for a tie heading into the final game of the season.

If there is a one-game playoff this year, St. Louis and Tampa will have home field advantage.
    Los Bravos - Black is black - YouTube

Los Bravos - 2008 - YouTube
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 09-27-2011 at 02:04 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Phils up early on Atlanta 2-0. St. Louis and Houston scoreless.

If I'm the Phils, I lay down for Atlanta. I'd want the struggling team in the playoffs, not the hot team.

6 zip Phils. Cards have a decent chance to tie this race up. Houston takes a 1 -0 lead against the Cards. Berkman with a woeful throw on a sac fly.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-27-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Houston having some fun at the Cardinals expense. Make 'em suffer.

That would be pretty sweet. Phils sweep Atlanta. But Houston sweeps the Cards to deny them of going to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    If I'm the Phils, I lay down for Atlanta. I'd want the struggling team in the playoffs, not the hot team.
    Good point, the only problem is the 3 game win streak could give any MLB team momentum going into the playoffs!

If I'm the Phils, I lay an egg tonight.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Whatever happens today, I'm sure people in Atlanta are praying that was Lowe's last start in a Braves uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    If I'm the Phils, I lay an egg tonight.
    I originally thought the same thing, BUT then I realized that because you can't play a wildcard from your own division in the first round, the Phils will play the Cards if the Cards are the WC, but will play either the Brewers or the DB's if Atlanta gets in.

So if the Phils lay down and try to help the Braves in, then they just give the Brewers or the DB's an easier first round matchup, increasing the liklihood of a short series and an advantage for their potential NLCS foes.

Please let Chris Carpenter throw a game-losing bomb in the late innings tonight. A pop fly that travels about 312 feet but somehow manages to land in the Crawford Boxes would be perfection. If it comes on the next pitch after he feels he struck the batter out only to not get the call is gravy. I want to see Carpenter go ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Please let Chris Carpenter throw a game-losing bomb in the late innings tonight. A pop fly that travels about 312 feet but somehow manages to land in the Crawford Boxes would be perfection. If it comes on the next pitch after he feels he struck the batter out only to not get the call is gravy. I want to see Carpenter go ballistic.
    I had the same daydream. :o) It would be AWESOME!

Ryan Braun needs no worse than 3 for 4 to win the batting title.

I wonder how many Reds fans heads would explode if say not only do the Cards get into the playoffs but would somehow pull off the unthinkable and win it all?

Phillies jumped out 1-0, but Atlanta comes back with a run in the bottom half of the first. 1-1.

Turn Off Ads?