Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    It's also a whole lot easier to find movies online for streaming, add them to your queue, them have them there to just hit play on your device.
    Bingo!

I had a heck of a time convincing my wife - she's a real hard head - as she was on the TV, browsing thru the various genres on Netflix, that they were showing you all the movies available, like say in the Sci-Fi section, for instant streaming. You can go on-line and search, and find lots more, which you then can add to your instant queue.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I missed the boat a few years back. I'm watching the complete series of Arrested Development and am loving every minute.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I missed the boat a few years back. I'm watching the complete series of Arrested Development and am loving every minute.
    It just keeps getting better too.... well, until it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Gotta lock that down. Just power through it.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I mentioned in the recent movie thread already- I watched AKA Tommy CHong- it's a documentary on Tommy Chong's arrest that is pretty interesting.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

My wife and I are not ones who have the habit of regularly watching series TV, or even any reality shows for that matter. I can honestly say I've never seen any of the myriad of crime drama shows from CSI to Criminal Minds, etc, etc. My wife does like to watch CourtTV and some of the various crime investigative reporting shows in that ilk.

But a co-worker has convinced me that my wife and I would love Dexter, so I've went to Netflix and added the first two seasons to my instant queue, so I'm going to give it a shot. At least this way we can watch it on the weekends at our convenience.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My wife and I are not ones who have the habit of regularly watching series TV, or even any reality shows for that matter. I can honestly say I've never seen any of the myriad of crime drama shows from CSI to Criminal Minds, etc, etc. My wife does like to watch CourtTV and some of the various crime investigative reporting shows in that ilk.

But a co-worker has convinced me that my wife and I would love Dexter, so I've went to Netflix and added the first two seasons to my instant queue, so I'm going to give it a shot. At least this way we can watch it on the weekends at our convenience.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

Dexter is fantastic. I haven't met someone who doesn't like it who has given it a shot.

Recently watched the Spartacus series and mini series, enjoyed them.. Also the Lisbeth Salander trilogy: The Girl with the dragon tattoo, the girl who played with fire, and the girl who kicked the hornets nest.. Pretty awesome foreign film trilogy.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

Season 1 of Dexter is amazing. Season 2 is not as good, but Season 3 again rises to a very high level.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

FWIW...I just discovered over the weekend that Netflix now has the Lazenby/All the Moores and all the Dalton Bond movies...they didnt have them as of a few weeks ago...They dont have any of the Brosnan or Craig movies...havent checked for the Connery flicks yet..I mean all this via instant streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    FWIW...I just discovered over the weekend that Netflix now has the Lazenby/All the Moores and all the Dalton Bond movies...they didnt have them as of a few weeks ago...They dont have any of the Brosnan or Craig movies...havent checked for the Connery flicks yet..I mean all this via instant streaming.
    Excellent news, I'd been hoping Bond would pop up on streaming. Thanks for sharing!

Terribly Happy. It's absolutely awesome.

I like that they've now combined a shows various series altogether. Now instead of 12 seasons of South Park, there is one file with 190 episodes or whatever.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Terribly Happy. It's absolutely awesome.
    Same here, just signed up a couple of weeks back and it's great.

Currently viewing the Ken Burns docu on the Civil War, spectacular so far.

Turn Off Ads?