Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about....

Re: I was wrong about....

Drew Stubbs and Chris Heisey. We need two new OFers for next season.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I made fun of Jeff Passan (whom I love) for picking the Nationals to the World Series before the season.
    I can see them making the NLCS...and losing in six games to the Reds. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd prefer a sweep.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I just remembered a pretty big one: Cueto.

He and Volquez were exciting up-and-comers around the same time, and I was positive that Volquez would turn out to be the ace and Cueto would be around a #4-type pitcher. I think it's still too early in their careers to guarantee that both of them will always be the type of pitchers they are now, but pretty safe to say I was very wrong on this. I thought Volquez had better stuff with a higher ceiling and that Cueto's build was going to limit him.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Ok, digging this up again. I was wrong about Dusty pitching Arroyo in game 2 of the NLDS. I was wrong about Dusty playing Stubbs in the NLDS. Just seems like every decision he is making right now is coming up Aces!
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    Ok, digging this up again. I was wrong about Dusty pitching Arroyo in game 2 of the NLDS. I was wrong about Dusty playing Stubbs in the NLDS. Just seems like every decision he is making right now is coming up Aces!
    An important consideration when evaluating managerial critique. The results don't matter. Just because the move "worked out" does not mean it was the correct move. There's no need to do anything as drastic as recognizing we don't know it all just because the manager got lucky that his idiotic moves didn't backfire. After all, who's to say Bailey wouldn't have thrown another no hitter unlike that slacker Arroyo who could only go 7 IP with one hit?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    I was wrong about Arroyo too.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    An important consideration when evaluating managerial critique. The results don't matter. Just because the move "worked out" does not mean it was the correct move. There's no need to do anything as drastic as recognizing we don't know it all just because the manager got lucky that his idiotic moves didn't backfire. After all, who's to say Bailey wouldn't have thrown another no hitter unlike that slacker Arroyo who could only go 7 IP with one hit?

That's too metaphysical

Results = press = contract

Sure they might not work and sure the other choice might have even been better or equal

But results are taking responsibility and not playing the devils advocate card when confronted with poor results

Perhaps I WASN'T BLATANT ENOUGH ABOUT BEING SARCASTIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I got it pretty quick, but then again, smartis my middle name.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I was wrong about that sub I just ate... I knew I should have went with the chicken....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I was wrong about this offense being able to turn it on.......just like that. Their AB's have been good to great due to the fact that they look at where they are at....realized they cannot go for homers and adjusted. I wish or hope they continue to swing like this beacue homers are gravy in GABP.

Wrong about Arroyo as well. Pitching in game 2. ...over Bailey.

My Phone must have had the sarcasm filter on... it' much clearer from my PC's browser.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My Phone must have had the sarcasm filter on... it' much clearer from my PC's browser.

Hello WOY. Did that OAK DET game from yesterday remind you of the 1972 series? It did for me. Lots of drama in that series. Joe Coleman's great game. LaGrow and Bert C going at it. Jackson going down....thus giving the Reds Gene Tenace to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That's too metaphysical

Results = press = contract
    Isn't baseball results-driven?

I realize he's perhaps not as good as his results have been so far in the playoffs, but Baker's made the "right" decision based on his results, has he not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Hello WOY. Did that OAK DET game from yesterday remind you of the 1972 series? It did for me. Lots of drama in that series. Joe Coleman's great game. LaGrow and Bert C going at it. Jackson going down....thus giving the Reds Gene Tenace to deal with.
    Yep, I was at that Coleman game and I also remember the bat throw, was listening to the game on my radio (Ernie Harwell) in the front yard

Turn Off Ads?