Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tourney Discussion

NCAA Basketball 2011

It's getting to be that time that we need this thread.

It looks to me like there are only two locks for #1 seeds. Duke and Duke's 2nd unit.........

No, seriously I only see Ohio St. and Kansas as for sure #1 seeds.

I would probably put Notre Dame next, but significantly lower than those two. After that it's pretty much up in the air.

If UNC wins the ACC tourney I'd say they're for sure a #1. I would say the same for Duke, IF one of the teams the beat is UNC.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Basketball 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It's getting to be that time that we need this thread.

It looks to me like there are only two locks for #1 seeds. Duke and Duke's 2nd unit.........

No, seriously I only see Ohio St. and Kansas as for sure #1 seeds.

I would probably put Notre Dame next, but significantly lower than those two. After that it's pretty much up in the air.

If UNC wins the ACC tourney I'd say they're for sure a #1. I would say the same for Duke, IF one of the teams the beat is UNC.
    Notre Dame or Pitt, whichever of those two win the Big East, should be a number one seed.

I'd say its Ohio State, Kansas, Duke, and Pitt. Notre Dame, BYU, North Carolina, and Texas for the no 2's.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Pitt won the Big East didn't they? They should get a 1 seed.

ND would probably be my choice for the final 1 seed but I don't like them in the tourney.

Duke should not be anywhere near a 1 seed. They don't have the resume that the other clubs do.

Teams I would not want to see in my side of the bracket: Purdue, Wisconsin, ODU, Gonzaga, Kansas St., and Xavier.

Higher seeds I don't see making it very far: Texas, ND, St. Johns, and Pitt.

I hope Ohio State has BYU in their bracket as their 2 seed.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Pitt won the Big East didn't they? They should get a 1 seed.

ND would probably be my choice for the final 1 seed but I don't like them in the tourney.

Duke should not be anywhere near a 1 seed. They don't have the resume that the other clubs do.

Teams I would not want to see in my side of the bracket: Purdue, Wisconsin, ODU, Gonzaga, Kansas St., and Xavier.

Higher seeds I don't see making it very far: Texas, ND, St. Johns, and Pitt.
    Yeah, that's what people said about Duke last year.

If what I think is going to happen happens in the ACC tourney then I agree with you. I only think they should get a #1 seed if the win the ACC tourney and one of the teams they beat is Carolina.

I see ND making at least a Sweet 16 and possibly an Elite 8 run.

The Selection Committee should really consider leaving 'Nova out of the field.

ND looked strong against UC. Wow. I'm pretty excited for UConn - Syracuse tonight also.

I guess I'm kinda wondering. If ND happens to lose tonight or tomorrow, who gets the #1 seed out of the Big East? I would think ND has it locked up after last night, but I have still heard people say that if ND doesn't win the BE tourney Pitt will get the #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    ND looked strong against UC. Wow. I'm pretty excited for UConn - Syracuse tonight also.

I guess I'm kinda wondering. If ND happens to lose tonight or tomorrow, who gets the #1 seed out of the Big East? I would think ND has it locked up after last night, but I have still heard people say that if ND doesn't win the BE tourney Pitt will get the #1.
    I don't see Pitt getting a 1 after losing yesterday. I would think ND will definitely be a 1 if they win tonight to get to the Big East final. At this point I think the 1 seeds will be Ohio State, Kansas, ND and if Duke or North Carolina win the ACC tournament I think one of those will be the last 1 seed.

If Notre Dame doesn't win the Big East tourney, Duke AND UNC will be number one seeds. The NCAA loves them some Tobacco Road basketball.

50 for Jimmer. 4 minutes still to play.

Jimmer is as close as the NCAA has to Maravich this season.

And I'd be shocked if BYU goes past the Sweet 16. Teams with one great player and a bunch of poor ones don't do well in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Teams with one great player and a bunch of poor ones don't do well in March.
    Who are you talking about? Can't be BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Jimmer is as close as the NCAA has to Maravich this season.

And I'd be shocked if BYU goes past the Sweet 16. Teams with one great player and a bunch of poor ones don't do well in March.
    Depends on how hot that player gets. Steph Curry carried Davidson to the Elite 8. But I think the Sweet 16 would be a nice run for BYU without Davies.

Without Davies, BYU is nothing special.

If they played in the Big East, they would have had to play five games. If they played in the SEC East, they'd have finished below Georgia. If they played in the Big Ten, they would have been just ahead of Michigan.

Gaudy win totals, but who have they played? Arizona, UCLA, and a suspect San Diego State team.

Meh.

What's suspect about SDSU?

Turn Off Ads?