Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

Mujica has to have the worst beard I've ever seen.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Does this guy have a neck beard?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Does this guy have a neck beard?
    My avatar has better facial hair than he does.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Heisey. Wow.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Heisey pops out to 2nd. 4-2 Cards mid 7th

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    But it doesn't seem to be showing itself with anyone else. That's what worries me.
    Everyone else hasn't been on cruise control since early September either...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

My roommate is being a soldier and letting me watch this game instead of his beloved Cowboys on MNF. That's a true friend.

I really don't like football.

Jay lines out to 2nd.

My roommate is being a soldier and letting me watch this game instead of his beloved Cowboys on MNF. That's a true friend.

I really don't like football.
    The Cowboys offense looks about like the Reds offense so he isn't missing much.

The Reds offense is capable of getting hot and going off for a couple weeks at a time we have seen it a couple times this year. I've pretty much accepted we'll get on one of those streaks and make a deep run or we'll continue hitting like this and be lucky to sneak into the LCS.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Everyone else hasn't been on cruise control since early September either...
    I've always wondered about this. Baseball is hitter vs pitcher. Even though lineups change in cruise control stretches, it's mostly the same hitters against the same pitchers.

So do the regular hitters get less focused in these "meaningless" games? With the importance of individual stats, you'd think there would be little change in approaches no matter the situation.

I don't buy into the idea that hitters take at bats off.

I've always wondered about this. Baseball is hitter vs pitcher. Even though lineups change in cruise control stretches, it's mostly the same hitters against the same pitchers.

So do the regular hitters get less focused in these "meaningless" games? With the importance of individual stats, you'd think there would be little change in approaches no matter the situation.

I don't think they take at bats off, but we've seen alot more of the "others" get some PT... Ludwick wasn't rushed back, Cozart wasn't rushed back... Rolen has been given time off, same with Frazier, etc...

I think if you've put this lineup out there day in and day out, it would "look" like a different outcome...

Reds have had the luck to be able to start the Valdezs, Pauls (while still good) Heisey, etc without losing much ground.

Jockstocks Homepage

For me, I guess I'm taking the "I'll wait and see in October" mentality. After the way things went down the tubes really quickly in 2010, this team could be saving themselves for October baseball. At least that's what I'm hoping they're doing. For every one of our hitters to seemingly stall at once seems very unlikely.

Beltran singled.
    Hollldiay walks.
    Beltran caught stealing 3rd.
    Craig grounds out.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    For me, I guess I'm taking the "I'll wait and see in October" mentality. After the way things went down the tubes really quickly in 2010, this team could be saving themselves for October baseball. At least that's what I'm hoping they're doing. For every one of our hitters to seemingly stall at once seems very unlikely.
    What does this mean? I'm not trying to be a contrarian, I'm genuinely interested in an answer to this question I've had for a long time.

What does this mean? I'm not trying to be a contrarian, I'm genuinely interested in an answer to this question I've had for a long time.
    Granted none of us are pro baseball players, but it's hard not to assume that most guys kick it up a notch (a notch you can't reach until you're finally there) when it's playoff time.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?