Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you still listen to a radio?

Re: Do you still listen to a radio?

NPR some, but that's about it.

I'm an ex dj, but there's not much there anymore, at least around here.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 07-15-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My drive to and from work is only about 15 minutes..so Ill catch a little of Mike and Mike in the morning and Eddie and Tracy on the way home. Idk just something about Tracys arrogance, cockiness and him being a dick ALL THE TIME just makes me laugh.

As far as listening to the radio for music..only 103.5 and 92.5 and the occasional country

In the car, I split time between Sirius XM and my MP3 player. I've also started using Google Music, but I don't like the extra drain on my smartphone battery, so I don't listen to it very often in the car.

In the morning, I wake up to the local alternative rock station, but I have a feeling it's going to change formats soon, so I'll probably have to find a new wake-up call.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

In the car I almost always listen to the radio. My tolerance for pop and country may one day give my poor wife an aneurysm. At home we listen to NPR quite a bit. News in the morning, classical music all day long and interesting shows on weekend mornings. Sometimes I'll listen on the iPad instead, but its still streaming the radio broadcast. For music I use pandora, plugged into the aux jack on the stereo; my stack of CDs goes largely untouched except when I want something specific. To us, music is always in the background, but pandora is enough for us most of the time though I do wish it had deeper collections of jazz and world music.

Podcasts are becoming a real staple for me lately. It's amazing to choose an hour lecture or interview with some prominent author or thinker. It's not quite the Charlie Rose hour, but there is a huge amount of quality content to be had, gratis.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I'm just about fed up with iPhones, iPads and anything else iRelated. My 18-month old nephew is seriously addicted to his iPad and his 6-month old brother isn't far behind. Every kid in our extended family, including my own two kids, can't go ten minutes without their phones and/or iPads. It drives me crazy.

/end rant
    lol... I am like you. I'm in front of a computer all day at work.
    When I get off work, the last thing I want to do is get online. I will occasionally do it late at night when I'm too tired to do anything else, but I'm not carrying around a tablet,etc after work. Too much else to do in life.

I still listen to radio, all the time.
    Radio has gone downhill since coorporations have bought up most of the stations though. I miss the good old days when most stations existed to play new music and there was some variety in the playlists.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

90.9 WGUC
    105.9, only at night for undercurrents and 4pm on saturdays.
    1480 AM...what WGRR used to be
    WGRR until the 80's take over, then I change the station

700 WLW: Eddie and Tracy and games. Don't do Mark Amazon. Too much Bengals talk even in the offseason.
    "Why you going to the Airport; flying somewhere?"

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I put the game on in the back yard and my 9 yr old boy and I toss the ball back and forth. We both enjoy the heck out of it. Generally I wait for him to ask, which he does 2-3 times a week.

GL

9. Likes:

New York Red (07-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I put the game on in the back yard and my 9 yr old boy and I toss the ball back and forth. We both enjoy the heck out of it. Generally I wait for him to ask, which he does 2-3 times a week.

GL
    I have great memories of sitting on our back porch with my dad, listening to Al Michaels (then Marty) and Joe on a hot July Saturday afternoon. My dad's ritual was to cut the grass, the pop open a Burger for the game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by nismoredlegs View Post
    90.9 WGUC
    105.9, only at night for undercurrents and 4pm on saturdays.
    1480 AM...what WGRR used to be
    WGRR until the 80's take over, then I change the station

700 WLW: Eddie and Tracy and games. Don't do Mark Amazon. Too much Bengals talk even in the offseason.
    90.9 WGUC (at night and sometimes at the ballpark)
    105.9, only at night.
    1480 AM...what WGRR used to be (don't believe WGRR was ever like 1480...too much Top 40-1480 puts on some great b-sides and album cuts)
    WGRR even when the 80's take over. Still waiting until they really get into the 80s.
    700 WLW: Eddie and Tracy and games. Don't do Mark Amazon. Too much Bengals talk even in the offseason. (no and no)

2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

you had better do as you are told
    You better listen to the radio.

Sorry, but I couldn't see the title of this thread without that running through my head, so had to get it out.

Since I teach, but still need money during the summer, I've been working with disabled adults. Yesterday I drove a twenty-something guy with Downs Syndrome to drop off recycling and told him to put the radio on whatever he wanted. He put it on a station that I didn't know existed, and everything they played was from when I was in high school. It just felt weird listening to it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?