Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    No one else taking pleasure in the Cards getting whomped on? While it doesn't help our Reds anymore, I'm taking joy in it
    Careful. This Card offense is loaded. Bases loaded no outs in the fifth

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Hey Dusty! Get someone up in the bullpen....Gio'
    s trying to blow it here against the bottom half of the order.

This game is getting way too close

Really Gonzalez? Really?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Really Gonzalez? Really?
    This guy has looked shaky the last 2 games. His curve is not getting over and he has looked lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This guy has looked shaky the last 2 games. His curve is not getting over and he has looked lost.
    It's amazing to see the top 4 NL Cy Young candidates have ZERO impact on the playoffs.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

So freaking gross tonight.

Well...I guess in the "it's a reach, but it's something" category...at least we didn't lose like that. Oof. Poor Nats fans.

I'm kind of glad now the Reds didn't win. The Cards would just rip our hearts out in similar fashion and it would be much worse than the loss to the Giants.

Biggest comeback victory in the history of baseball in a "do or die" playoff game.

I guess Davey Johnson doesn't know how to manage either, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    I'm kind of glad now the Reds didn't win. The Cards would just rip our hearts out in similar fashion and it would be much worse than the loss to the Giants.
    This.

The Reds loss was disappointing but I'm over it. And I have no ill feelings toward the Giants. Losing to that disgusting team in Misery would be too much to take.

I'll get this out there.......I went to SF and watched the Reds this year. Their fans were gracious, and awesome towards myself and my wife. They were very, very passionate about their team as well. I don't mind pulling for them, as long as they're not playing Cincinnati. And, I think, if SF doesn't beat the Cards, no one will. They are the only team left with the pitching, and the park, to shut that offense down. I think the Reds could have beaten the Cards, if they'd have had Cueto. I don't think they would have, without Cuteo, unless Bronson could have pulled a rabbit out of a hat (again). I think the Cards crush the Yanks pitching. I think Verlander would have to pitch 3 games against them, throw 3 gems, and the Tigers would have to get very lucky in a fourth game.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I'll get this out there.......I went to SF and watched the Reds this year. Their fans were gracious, and awesome towards myself and my wife. They were very, very passionate about their team as well. I don't mind pulling for them, as long as they're not playing Cincinnati. And, I think, if SF doesn't beat the Cards, no one will. They are the only team left with the pitching, and the park, to shut that offense down. I think the Reds could have beaten the Cards, if they'd have had Cueto. I don't think they would have, without Cuteo, unless Bronson could have pulled a rabbit out of a hat (again). I think the Cards crush the Yanks pitching. I think Verlander would have to pitch 3 games against them, throw 3 gems, and the Tigers would have to get very lucky in a fourth game.
    I have nothing against San Francisco. I have a lot of admiration for Bochy, and they've come back from an awful lot of injury. Great city and fans. Nice uniforms. They beat us fair and square in a good series.

Rules of good sports fandom dictate that you root for the team that beat you, so then at least you know you lost to the better team. I was planning on sticking to this anyway, and now given their opponent it's a no-brainer. Also, I agree: I don't want the Cards facing Yanks' pitching.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Detroit up in the Bronx 3-0 in the 8th.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think the Yankees are pretty much done with Alex Rodriguez. Tonight he comes up with the bases loaded and ground out. Then he hits into a DP. Then he comes up with 2nd and 3rd and no outs and strikes out. Then in the 8th they pinch hit for him with Eric Chavez.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I think the Yankees are pretty much done with Alex Rodriguez. Tonight he comes up with the bases loaded and ground out. Then he hits into a DP. Then he comes up with 2nd and 3rd and no outs and strikes out. Then in the 8th they pinch hit for him with Eric Chavez.
    Good thing his massive, massive contract is coming off the books soon...in 2018.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?