Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: At least the Cards lost

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: At least the Cards lost

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's locker room talk, not sensitivity training. Being politically correct is not a prerequisite in every venue
    Seriously, you're wrong. Would you rather someone insult your family in a locker roiom or on social media where the whole world can read it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hate speech is not defensible in any forum IMO. It does take place in lots of them, and that's too bad. Hopefully in generations to come, certain homophobic words will be just a taboo as the "N" word is now. I'd say society is heading that way -- but nor for awhile.

Oh well. At least the Cards lost.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Seriously, you're wrong. Would you rather someone insult your family in a locker roiom or on social media where the whole world can read it?
    I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying in reality it happens.

There are still people on twitter who unironically use the #bestfansinbaseball hashtag when talking about the Cardinals. God they are the worst, and the networks just heap on the praise.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    There are still people on twitter who unironically use the #bestfansinbaseball hashtag when talking about the Cardinals. God they are the worst, and the networks just heap on the praise.
    http://deadspin.com/5954046

“3 words… FIRE MIKE MATHENY”: The Best Fans In Baseball Are Having A Major Meltdown

Best fans in baseball?

Ha!

I love that the Cardinals lost. LOVE it. I know it doesn't make up for the Reds getting knocked out, but it'll have to do.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I love that the Cardinals lost. LOVE it. I know it doesn't make up for the Reds getting knocked out, but it'll have to do.
    Call it a guilty pleasure or whatever but I concur...

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Hate speech is not defensible in any forum IMO. It does take place in lots of them, and that's too bad. Hopefully in generations to come, certain homophobic words will be just a taboo as the "N" word is now. I'd say society is heading that way -- but nor for awhile.

Oh well. At least the Cards lost.
    Well said.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

McCarver and Buck were downright depressed last night. Very enjoyable.

On another note, when will baseball come to it's senses and get a broadcast team that people will actually enjoy, not just put up with?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Anyone else an instant Tigers fan like I am? lol

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    McCarver and Buck were downright depressed last night. Very enjoyable.

On another note, when will baseball come to it's senses and get a broadcast team that people will actually enjoy, not just put up with?
    And its not just Reds fans who complain about those two dimwits. During the championship series, I had friends of both the Cardinals and the Giants who complained about them.
    Where we gonna go?

Unfortunately for my 2 boys I influenced them to become Reds fans instead of Cardinals fans like everyone else is in my area. Most people that know my boys and me know that we are big Reds fans so of course I take grief a lot....especially since my wife and her entire family are Cardinals fans. We watched the final game and immediately when it ended my oldest son said he was calling one of his teachers to gloat. I wouldn't let him because I said he probably went to bed 30 minutes ago when all hope was gone. He didn't like that too much. Yesterday after school the teacher called me and said, "Paul you are a bigger man than me." I laughed because I remembered the text messages I had gotten (from him) a few days before saying something about the Reds choking. Most of you guys have it easy. You live in Reds country or some other teams country and don't have to put up with this stuff all of the time. I have grown to "loathe" the Cardinals fans as much as some on here loathe Chris Carpenter. Did I relish the Giants beating the Cardinals? Some, but to be honest I spent most of the time saying, "this should have been the Reds." The pain of this season isn't going away like it did in 1999 (which hurt really bad), or 2010. I am happy the Cardinals lost but I am way more upset that the Reds didn't win.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyHo4Life View Post
    Anyone else an instant Tigers fan like I am? lol
    No, mission was accomplished with the Cardinals losing. No rooting interest here.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Did I relish the Giants beating the Cardinals? Some, but to be honest I spent most of the time saying, "this should have been the Reds." The pain of this season isn't going away like it did in 1999 (which hurt really bad), or 2010. I am happy the Cardinals lost but I am way more upset that the Reds didn't win.
    Same as me. I think we would have beat the Cards. Maybe even dismantled them. One Jay Bruce swing or one of another million combinations that we were one short of, and maybe we would have gotten that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    And it may be time to remind us all of what MikeThiery advised us as we going into the off season:

"The amount of butt hurt in this forum right now is on comedic levels. Taking your anger out on the Cards for pulling out a victory while your team FAILED to just win one game at home makes some of you look like sore losers. Accusing the Cardinals of cheating and it contributing to their wins makes some of you look low class. Have fun brooding in the off season. " MikeThiery

It looks like we will have at least have company brooding in the offseason.
    Looks like MikeThiery was simply previewing the disaster that was the Cardinals vs. the Giants.

Seriously, there are few things in sports that don't directly involve my teams winning that were more enjoyable than watching the Cards implode like that. Have a long, cold, bitter offseason, so-called "best fans in baseball."

Oh, and Cards fans: San Francisco is 8 million times the city that St. Louis is.

Turn Off Ads?