Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Dipo has a huge ceiling, IMO. I don't think he's come anywhere close to realizing his full potential.

2. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (06-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Dipo has a huge ceiling, IMO. I don't think he's come anywhere close to realizing his full potential.
    Why? He works hard, is smart and has improved every year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Why? He works hard, is smart and has improved every year.
    I think you misunderstood me. He's already very good, I'm saying he has the potential to become much, much better.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-25-2013),Razor Shines (06-24-2013),Revering4Blue (06-25-2013)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I think you misunderstood me. He's already very good, I'm saying he has the potential to become much, much better.
    I completely agree.

One factor in Oladipo's talent that would entice me as a general manager with a high draft pick is we already know how he reacts to a losing situation.

How many times with the Bengals bad old days did you see players who lost more in the first 8 weeks than they had lost in their entire college career. They'd come in ready to change the team's attitude, then they'd lose the first four games and you could see them mentally check out and start counting down the days until they could sign somewhere else. Of course the joke was on them because they usually played like garbage and could only re-sign with the Bengals.

In any event, a team saw how Vic reacted to a bad situation. He steadily improved his own play and never let the losing in the first two years detract him from bringing energy to the floor every night. He, along with the Seniors who really were in on the ground floor, brought IU's level of play up, rather than letting the programs' current situation bring them down. I would think that would be useful for a team that won somewhere between 20-29 games.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 06-25-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-25-2013)

Yep I misread your post, I thought you were saying you thought he wouldn't reach his potential.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

In any event, a team saw how Vic reacted to a bad situation. He steadily improved his own play and never let the losing in the first two years detract him from bringing energy to the floor every night.
    If I aint mistaken Vic played only three years. The last two on some pretty good IU teams. He tasted a lot of defeat one year. I understand what you are saying or trying to. The kid is a tireless worker and has always given 110%. I suspect he might very well have the makings of a perennial all-star if he carries it to the next level.

You're right AH, he didn't come when it was at the bottom, but it wasn't too many steps above the bottom when he got there.

Not quite Mike Santa and two guys from the baseball team seeing minutes, but definitely a losing situation that desperately needed some guys with the attitude to fix it.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    You're right AH, he didn't come when it was at the bottom, but it wasn't too many steps above the bottom when he got there.

Not quite Mike Santa and two guys from the baseball team seeing minutes, but definitely a losing situation that desperately needed some guys with the attitude to fix it.
    Yepper.

Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...033384718.html

Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...033384718.html
    Oh so you do think Zeller is a top 5 pick. Cause I thought you said it would be silly to think Zeller is a 15-10 guy in the NBA.

You gotta pick one. Either Zeller is an ok player that should have gone in the mid 1st round, MJ made a psychotic reach drafting him 4 and Indiana shouldn't be on this list. Or Zeller is a legit NBA top 5 pick stud. I don't care which.

But we both know you're going with option C: criticize IU, their players and fans whenever and however you can even if the stories aren't always consistent.

Yaaaaaay thinking you're better than people because of the college your root for!
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

16. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh so you do think Zeller is a top 5 pick. Cause I thought you said it would be silly to think Zeller is a 15-10 guy in the NBA.

You gotta pick one. Either Zeller is an ok player that should have gone in the mid 1st round, MJ made a psychotic reach drafting him 4 and Indiana shouldn't be on this list. Or Zeller is a legit NBA top 5 pick stud. I don't care which.

But we both know you're going with option C: criticize IU, their players and fans whenever and however you can even if the stories aren't always consistent.

Yaaaaaay thinking you're better than people because of the college your root for!

Interesting projection, bro.

Why so serious? Odd post coming from you.

Interesting projection, bro.

Why so serious? Odd post coming from you.
    Cram it out your cram hole.

I was trying to be funny about the last two parts. I tried to let you know I was kidding in the "Hate" thread.

But that article is dumb. Everybody is saying how dumb the Bobcats were for taking Zeller at 4, no way he's a 4 overall pick but let's use the fact that he was picked in the top 5 as a way to criticize IU.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

19. Likes:

redsfanmia (07-03-2013),Revering4Blue (07-03-2013),WMR (07-03-2013)

Do you guys think Crean needs to adjust his recruiting strategy? It seems like taking commitments of highly regarded players as freshmen rarely works out.

Blackmon and Lyles have now both decommitted.

Do you guys think Exum will play in college? Supposedly Indiana is a big player for him.

Do you guys think Crean needs to adjust his recruiting strategy? It seems like taking commitments of highly regarded players as freshmen rarely works out.

Blackmon and Lyles have now both decommitted.

Do you guys think Exum will play in college? Supposedly Indiana is a big player for him.
    Yes I definitely think IU should get out of the business of offering scholarships to pre-freshmen.

The good news is they likely already have. When Lyles and Blackmon committed, it was actually pretty necessary in terms of momentum towards the rebuild. Remember they committed even before Zeller, Ferrell, Perea, etc...

Now Indiana's re-established themselves as a high level program, and they're not in the desperate position they were 3-4 years ago.

From everything I've heard(which isn't much) if Exum plays in college, it will likely be at IU, but it's hard to see him bothering to play in college at all. Especially for a kid who grew up in another country, I don't think playing college ball would have that much appeal.

IU (currrently) has two open scholarships for 2014. I have no doubt they'll be taken by quality players, but I refuse to get too worked up over which players specifically.

Turn Off Ads?