Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea

Got a trade idea I wanted to run past you guys. What do you think of this?

Mark Teixeira and Akinori Otsuka for Scott Hatteburg, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto, Rheal Cormier, Chris Dickerson.

Texas can't pay Teix after this year and have Gagne to close. They are also not really contenders for this year. So this gets them a nice young replacement for Teix in Votto, a top end SP spect in Cueto and a couple of guys to help out right now.

It gives us the big 1B bat we need to really make this offense go. We can put Teix at 1B and bat him 3rd behind Dunn and in front of Junior and just watch this offense go. And we get the closer we badly need.

Think this has any prayer of working for Texas, since Teix is not going to resign there?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Trade Idea

I don't like the idea of trading 3 of our best prospects in one swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut View Post
    They are also not really contenders for this year.
    The AL West is wide open this year.... every team in the division can make a case for their chances... Texas isn't going to trade the now for the future IMHO...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Why trade our toughest out and a guy who could very easily be better than Teixera, and also our second best pitching prospect whose stuff is just flat ouy sick, the fastest guy in our minors, and Frenchie (I agree with that one). I wouldnt even consider this trade.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Why trade our toughest out and a guy who could very easily be better than Teixera, and also our second best pitching prospect whose stuff is just flat ouy sick, the fastest guy in our minors, and Frenchie (I agree with that one). I wouldnt even consider this trade.
    Oddly though, I didn't think Texas was getting enough. If they really feel like they can not resign him this offseason, Texas will get a killing at the deadline for Texiera alone. Think Giles to San Diego-type return.

thats a lousy trade in my opinion.. a 3/4 year rental of Teixeira as he will be a free agent and get alot more than the Reds will give him and we loose 3 top prospects.. NO THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    thats a lousy trade in my opinion.. a 3/4 year rental of Teixeira as he will be a free agent and get alot more than the Reds will give him and we loose 3 top prospects.. NO THANKS!!
    I would do it, only if we resigned Teixiera. The BP would LIGHTS OUT with Otsuka and we'd get an enormous upgrade on offense with Tex.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    I definitely didn't consider this as a possible reaction.

Votto might be better than Teix, but he is a minor leaguer and clearly a risk. He also is a left handed bat on a team stacked with left handed bats, while Teix is a switch hitter. Plus Teix is ready right now and IMO, this deal fills our two biggest holes on this team.

Cueto hurts to give up, but you have to give up something and he is the riskiest commodity in baseball, a pitching prospect. Quite frankly, I wasn't really all that worried about losing anyone else in the deal.

I also wasn't worried personally about resigning Teix. We don't have anyone else up for contract at the end of the season and I believe in this ownership. They would keep him here.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut View Post
    Got a trade idea I wanted to run past you guys. What do you think of this?

Mark Teixeira and Akinori Otsuka for Scott Hatteburg, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto, Rheal Cormier, Chris Dickerson.

Texas can't pay Teix after this year and have Gagne to close. They are also not really contenders for this year. So this gets them a nice young replacement for Teix in Votto, a top end SP spect in Cueto and a couple of guys to help out right now.

It gives us the big 1B bat we need to really make this offense go. We can put Teix at 1B and bat him 3rd behind Dunn and in front of Junior and just watch this offense go. And we get the closer we badly need.

Think this has any prayer of working for Texas, since Teix is not going to resign there?
    Texas will re-sign Teixeira.

If, and that's a big if, Texas were to shop him, it would take a lot more than Joey Votto or Johnny Cueto.

We're talking Homer Bailey. That's the name it would take to be in the same conversation as Mark Teixeira.

Anything less, and you're kidding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Texas will re-sign Teixeira.

If, and that's a big if, Texas were to shop him, it would take a lot more than Joey Votto or Johnny Cueto.

We're talking Homer Bailey. That's the name it would take to be in the same conversation as Mark Teixeira.

Anything less, and you're kidding yourself.
    Agreed..........Teixeira being a SH increases his value incredibly. Not too many SH that are as young and powerful as him.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Agreed..........Teixeira being a SH increases his value incredibly. Not too many SH that are as young and powerful as him.
    If the Rangers were willing to be insane with Young's extension, they're good bets to do a smart contract extension with Teixeira,,,,
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

no way texas would even consider this deal/ And seriously people who would not do this as a reds fan? A REAL closer for the first time in ages and a power bat to play first. All for a couple of prospects and bullpen filler. That deal alone would get WK his exec of the year award. Also with Milton coming off the books at the years end we will have an additional 9 million to put toward texeira's contract extension. Any pitching prospect is going to be the high risk element of the deal. Cuteo does look nice but 2 PROVEN major league talents for a top 30 prospect, top 75 prospect and, a 38 year old 1B that can o nly hit RH pitching? seems like a no brainer to me...

to WK making a monster trade in the near future (that helps this team this time haha)

Turn Off Ads?