Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Let me see... what about this box score line around June 2009?

Cincinnati 4, Arizona 3

W - Volquez (10-5), L - Webb (11-2)
    HR - Dunn 3 (22)
    Who got the "other" Reds run? Or was one of Dunn's HR a two run shot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Does anyone really believe P. Daugherty when he says he knows who the Reds got?
    Well, if the "insider" media knows about it, that would explain why Marty is already on the radio spouting off about how it is such a good move. If he knows the other two names, it makes a lot more sense to speak than if all he knows about is Dallas Buck and two PTBNL.

Then again, that might just be Marty.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

So, who's the next to go?
    Witty signature.

From C Trent:

Players to be named
    Monday, August 11, 2008, 07:38 PM EST [Reds]

When judging the Adam Dunn trade, don't forget the two players to be named.

The one player announced was Dallas Buck and the other two players have to be minor leaguers. However, those two players to be named are on the Diamondbacks' 40-man roster, a source tells The Lot D.

The Reds wouldn't have done the deal without getting a Major League-ready pitcher. That means it's either Micah Owings, Max Scherzer or Jailen Peguero. If it's Owings or Scherzer, does that change your opinion of the deal?

Expect the other to be a position player, which would be catcher Wilkin Castillo or one of two first basemen, Javier Brito or Josh Whitesell.
    http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent

Hmmm...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    * What does this mean for Votto (!B or LF?) and/or EdE (3B? 1B? or LF?)?

I think, now that Dunn is gone, this opens up 1B for Votto and 3B for EE.

Expect to see them manning those positions for the rest of the year and probably next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Hopefully Weathers. Arroyo could be dealt but I'd want a good return before I'd deal him.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I think, now that Dunn is gone, this opens up 1B for Votto and 3B for EE.

Expect to see them manning those positions for the rest of the year and probably next year as well.
    Since when was EdE blocked out of 3B?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Hopefully Phillips, gonna blow it up to the bottom then do it right.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    From C Trent:

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent

Hmmm...
    It won't be Scherzer, and a big no thanks to Peguero, so that leaves us with Micah Owings. As for the position player, I like Whitesell the most out of that group.

Micah Owings/Josh Whitesell/Dallas Buck wouldn't be a bad return.

In order for those flyballs to hurt you as HR, you have to give them up. And yeah, Arroyo's getting older, so the slide we're witnessing is likely that, a real slide.

I don't know what Harang's problem is; but he's a flyball and strikeout pitcher. I know that.
    Assuming no injury, there really isn't a compelling reason to believe Arroyo, Harang, and Cueto will continue allowing homers at a 14-15% HR/FB rate.

Cueto will give up a lot of homers in the majors IMHO because he pitches up in the zone with his fastball. So he'll give up a lot of homers because he'll tend to give up a lot of fly balls. But even then his HR/FB rate would be expected to be around 10% over a long period.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Since when was EdE blocked out of 3B?
    I think father forgot the blue font.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Who got the "other" Reds run? Or was one of Dunn's HR a two run shot.
    Oh... I see... you think the Reds are going to re-sign Dunn, do you?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Well, if the "insider" media knows about it, that would explain why Marty is already on the radio spouting off about how it is such a good move. If he knows the other two names, it makes a lot more sense to speak than if all he knows about is Dallas Buck and two PTBNL.

Then again, that might just be Marty.
    PD said that at least one of the players would be a name that would be recognized. He also said he knows but had beeen sworn to secrecy. C. Trent said almost the same thing. I think it's out there. Now all we need is a chair, a light, and water torture and we'll know.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I was at my first day on a new job when I heard this news so this is the first time I have got to comment on it. Without knowing who the Reds are going to get my gut tells me this will be a move the Reds will regret for years to come. The Junior trade I agreed with it was time to move on but this trade makes zero sense. Where this team thinks they are going to replace the power numbers Dunn put up I don't get. The fact that ownership still plans on winning next year I just don't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    PD said that at least one of the players would be a name that would be recognized. He also said he knows but had beeen sworn to secrecy. C. Trent said almost the same thing. I think it's out there. Now all we need is a chair, a light, and water torture and we'll know.
    Eric Byrnes?

Turn Off Ads?