Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitching Depth II

Pitching Depth II

We had a thread in the offseason about pitching depth in the organization. Here is a thread showing where they seem to be now.

Some notes:
    - Nick Moran and Brandon Camardese were released.
    - Andrew Good, Brock Till and Thomas Pauley are on the minor league DL.
    - Jared Burton, Eddie Guardado, Elizardo Ramirez, and Bill Bray are on the major league DL.
    - Per BA, Blake Hendley is on the restricted list (not sure what that means).
    - Ruben Medina and Adam Pointer are listed on Sarasota's roster but the status is blank and they don't seem to have appeared in any games yet.
    - Jake Robbins has disappeared from any rosters and I believe his earlier inclusion at Louisville was an error.
    - Other posters reported that Eric Shaler, Tzu Chu, Terrell Young, Josh Ravin and Robert Nickols are in extended spring.
    - The last column contains guys I haven't heard about but assume are in extended spring or at least still Red's property somewhere.

Code:
    Spot #	Majors     	AAA        	AA         	A+      	A-	        Rehab/Others	Rehab/Others
    1	Aaron Harang	Homer Bailey	James Avery	Johnny Cueto	Sean Watson	Bill Bray	Daniel Donaldson
    2	Bronson Arroyo	Tom Shearn	Sam Lecure	Travis Wood	Jamie Arneson	Eliz. Ramirez	Phil Valiquette
    3	Kyle Lohse	Phil Dumatrait	Camilo Vazquez	Carlos Fisher	Rafael Gonzalez	Josh Ravin	Fr. Mateo
    4	Matt Belisle	Bob Livingston	Tyler Pelland	Richie Gardner	Daryl Thompson	Eric Schaler	Brandon Rice
    5	Eric Milton	Michael Gosling	Luke Lockwood	Ramon Ramirez	Jordan Smith	T. Pauly	Justin Newman

Pen Spot
    1	David Weathers	Brad Salmon	Calvin Medlock	Josh Roenicke	Jose Rojas	E. Guardado	Dushan Ruzic
    2	Mike Stanton	Gary Majewski	Carlos Guevara	Robert Manuel	R. Geronimo	Robert Nickols	Matt Clark
    3	Todd Coffey	Wes Wilkerson	C. Bohorquez	Bo Lanier	Lee Tabor	Terrell Young	D. Guerrero
    4	Rheal Cormier	Jason Kershner	Mike Flannery	R. Asadoorian	Misael Dejesus	Brock Till	Nick Wandless
    5	Kirk  Saarloos	B. Shackelford	Justin Mallett	Logan Ondrusek	Ma.Mateo	Andrew Good	Wirfrin Obispo
    6	Jon Coutlangus	Ricky Stone	Mike Bumatay	A. Gressick	Travis Webb	Tzu Chu	        Jeremy Burchett
    7	Victor Santos	Steve Kelly	Derrik Lutz	Adam Pointer	Pedro Viola	Blake Hendley	David Wilson
    8				                        R. Medina		        Jared Burton	Daniel Rincon
    9							                                                Kevin Gunter
    10							                                                Jarred Leach
    Last edited by mth123; 04-14-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pitching Depth II

Medina went two tonight for Sarasota, giving up no runs, striking out three.

Apparently the guys are moving between "Billings" and the teams frequently. Luis Montano was added to Sarasota today and Adam Pointer sent to "Billings."

Daniel Donaldson was already rotated on and off the Sarasota roster as well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Apparently the guys are moving between "Billings" and the teams frequently. Luis Montano was added to Sarasota today and Adam Pointer sent to "Billings."

Daniel Donaldson was already rotated on and off the Sarasota roster as well.
    Quick fix fill ins since all the 'Billings' guys are in Sarasota for extended spring training.

Other posters reported that Eric Shaler, Tzu Chu, Terrell Young, Josh Ravin and Robert Nickols are in extended spring.
    Can someone tell me what this means?

Basically they are players who are just doing the practice and scrimmage thing until the GCL and Pioneer Leagues start up for Rookie Ball players.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Basically they are players who are just doing the practice and scrimmage thing until the GCL and Pioneer Leagues start up for Rookie Ball players.
    Double D has it right. The guys are in a bit of a holding pattern until the Rookie Leagues begin. Talked with several of them today. With the monsoon that went through here today, their scheduled game was cancelled. We ran into several of them as they wandered about Lido Beach restaurants and shops. I did meet one of the Aussies. A 17 year old 6'8", guessing here, 220 pound "Kid". My son says he has a strong arm and is working on mechanics and control. Honestly, I would've thought this player to be 25-28 years old, no problem. His name is Ricky Rhodes if I heard it right. Keep your eye out for him, he could do something. Also heard that there has been alot of movement between the extended spring guys and Sarasota Reds, as their have been some nagging type of injuries.
    Last edited by fargo55; 04-16-2007 at 12:16 AM.

So he is the 2nd Aussie we have over here now? It will be interesting to see how this turns out in the future bringing in guys from over there/down there.

I heard that in Australia, they count the years backwards, which explains the 6'8", 17-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I heard that in Australia, they count the years backwards, which explains the 6'8", 17-year-old.
    Does that also mean that if he is 6'8' down under that he is 8'6" up here? Also, does his sinker rise?=)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Does that also mean that if he is 6'8' down under that he is 8'6" up here? Also, does his sinker rise?=)
    His toilet also flushes counterclockwise!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not necessarily. They may also be players recovering from injuries(even if mild) and missed time in spring training.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Not necessarily. They may also be players recovering from injuries(even if mild) and missed time in spring training.
    Ok, 95% of them are there for the reason I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    So true. Ramirez started the game against the Twins today, Del Rosario followed in the third and fourth, and Keppinger played in todays game. The extended spring training games have the same feel to them as the College mid-week non-coference games. Well officiated and laid back. Ruzic the older of the big Aussies, went two solid innings and I'd guess is about done with spring training. Rice went a couple of good innings making a nice tag at home for an out on a wild pitch. Medina closed out the ninth, giving up one and preserving the 5-4 win.
    Last edited by fargo55; 04-16-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Updated for Memorial Day Week-end. I'm guessing we'll see some movement soon and may want to reference this. Added an * for lefties. May have missed a couple.

Code:
    Spot #	Majors     	AAA        	AA         	A+      	A-	        Rehab/Others
    1	Aaron Harang	Homer Bailey	James Avery	Johnny Cueto	Sean Watson	Josh Ravin
    2	Bronson Arroyo	Bob Livingston*	Richie Gardner	Daryl Thompson	Rafael Gonzalez	Daniel Rincon
    3	Kyle Lohse	Tom Shearn	Camilo Vazquez*	Travis Wood*	Jordan Smith	Nick Wandless
    4	Matt Belisle	Phil Dumatrait*	Carlos Fisher	Ramon Ramirez	Travis Webb*	Eric Schaler
    5	Kirk Saarloos   Michael Gosling* Justin Mallett	Logan Ondrusek	Jamie Arneson*	Brandon Rice

Pen Spot
    1	David Weathers	Marcus McBeth	Tyler Pelland*	Josh Roenicke	Jose Rojas	Jeremy Burchett
    2	Mike Stanton*	Todd Coffey	Calvin Medlock	Robert Manuel	R. Geronimo	Robert Nickols*
    3	Gary Majewski	Wes Wilkerson	Carlos Guevara	R. Medina	Lee Tabor*	Ricky Rhodes
    4	Brad Salmon	Jason Kershner*	C. Bohorquez	Derrik Lutz	Misael Dejesus	Fr. Mateo*
    5	Jon Coutlangus*	Mike Bumatay*	Mike Flannery	T. Pauly	Ma.Mateo	David Wilson
    6	Victor Santos	Ricky Stone	Brock Till	Dushan Ruzic	A. Gressick	Tzu Chiu*
    7	Jared Burton	Steve Kelly	Luke Lockwood*	Kevin Gunter	Pedro Viola*	Blake Hendley
    8			                R. Asadoorian	Luis Montano	D. Guerrero	Adam Pointer
    9						                                        Daniel Donaldson*

DL
    1	Bill Bray*	B. Shackelford*	Sam Lecure			                Phil Valiquette*
    2	Eliz. Ramirez					                                Wirfrin Obispo
    3	Eric Milton*					                                Bo Lanier
    4	E. Guardado*					                                Terrell Young

Turn Off Ads?